PDA

View Full Version : How long can you go before you wash your GQ?

Crowman23
21st May 2011, 05:14 PM
My Old Girl is onto me about washing the main Old Girl in the family (89 Diesel GQ) and I thought I wonder if we can start a pictorial record of "How Long can you Go without washing your GQ" any one interested? Start of with pics Clean and then post each week??

growler2058
21st May 2011, 05:23 PM
i rekon theres a thread somewhere very similar ill have a look

NissanGQ4.2
21st May 2011, 05:40 PM
The last time i washed mine was while driving in a river and that was about 8 years ago

Crowman23
21st May 2011, 05:43 PM
Haaaaa Haaaaa Bloody Beauty

Foggy
21st May 2011, 09:31 PM
i bought a 96 last weekend and took it down to local car wash this arvo, i reckon it was the first time it has had a wash, if only i took a before pic. It's gold in colour and when i came back from the car wash one of my kids said "i thought it was a dark colour?"

snicko
21st May 2011, 09:42 PM
The best car wash the GU had was in the Fink after playing in the mud!!
The pic is the under body wash!! Worked a treat.

Bigrig
21st May 2011, 09:53 PM
I wash mine every time I come back from a trip - so about every 6 weeks ... and before someone like Ryan or dhuck jump onto it, that's right, when I say I wash it, I really mean I let the car wash guys do it at the airport!!!! LMFAO ... full of mud and crud, and they cringe everytime I pull up!! Full wash, tyre black, and full interior detail for $57 ... worth every penny to ensure my saturdays are kept free!!! lol

Clunk
21st May 2011, 09:57 PM
what's a wash???????

snicko
21st May 2011, 10:01 PM
I wash mine every time I come back from a trip - so about every 6 weeks ... and before someone like Ryan or dhuck jump onto it, that's right, when I say I wash it, I really mean I let the car wash guys do it at the airport!!!! LMFAO ... full of mud and crud, and they cringe everytime I pull up!! Full wash, tyre black, and full interior detail for $57 ... worth every penny to ensure my saturdays are kept free!!! lol

Where do you live???????? I'm moving $57?????????? Here it cost $120.00!

Bigrig
21st May 2011, 10:04 PM

Brisbane - that's the price at the airport ... not bad, and I figure you have to pay the exorbitant parking fees anyway, so I take the opportunity to get Tank 'bathed' ... lol

chester
21st May 2011, 10:34 PM
Have'nt washed mine in about 4 weeks,everytime i do i drive to work on monday morning and it's the same as before i washed it,so i gave up washing it.For winter anyway.

diosky
22nd May 2011, 09:57 AM
if it's clean they call it a patrol (rarely), if it's at it's usual look, it's a safari, that's my ride. hehehe.

growler2058
22nd May 2011, 10:07 AM
Do you rekon its time yet?? hahahahaha

DX grunt
22nd May 2011, 10:40 AM
At the moment...... I can't really remember. I've given up worrying about spider webs on the mirrors, coz that happens overnight, without any encouragement. I haven't been off road for quite a while, now. BUT, in 2 weekends time, I'm off fishing and 4wding. Yeahhh.

I could be rude and say don't wash a GQ because the mud will hold it together for another few years....but I won't. That would be rude and inappropriate. lol.

Love the GQ's.

Don't know why, but I do. lol

Bigrig
22nd May 2011, 10:58 AM
if it's clean they call it a patrol (rarely), if it's at it's usual look, it's a safari, that's my ride. hehehe.

Don't know why as some people are put off by the roofline, but I reckon the safari's look awesome done up!! If I ever did sell mine (blasphemy!!!! lol), I'd look to get a safari.

Sorry for the hijack ...

Bigrig
22nd May 2011, 10:59 AM
Do you rekon its time yet?? hahahahaha

Not with you??? What colour is it supposed to be?? lmfao!!!!

BoroNSW
26th May 2011, 08:02 PM
Washed the old dog last November to take the child bride christmas shopping. Can wait until next november, or the one after that.

Woof
27th May 2011, 08:35 PM
With the red dust around here most of the time it is a waste of time, but it rained last Friday so I went looking for some red mud and finally found some..........had a great time but the Q is filthy.

nowoolies
27th May 2011, 10:47 PM
My Old Girl is onto me about washing the main Old Girl in the family (89 Diesel GQ) and I thought I wonder if we can start a pictorial record of "How Long can you Go without washing your GQ" any one interested? Start of with pics Clean and then post each week??

be verrrrryyyyyy verrrrrrryyyyy carefull it aint a GU HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

promechauto
5th August 2011, 10:30 AM
I bought my GU last weekend... its fantastic... I will be washing min, at least once a year... or if I see bird poop on it... it eats the paint...

Bigrig
5th August 2011, 10:57 AM
I bought my GU last weekend... its fantastic... I will be washing min, at least once a year... or if I see bird poop on it... it eats the paint...

Fair enough too old mate!!! Can't have birds crapping on the pride and joy!!! lol

As per the other thread mate, slip over to the introduction section and let us know a bit about yourself and you rig, where you're from, where you like to go etc ... we frequently have forum meet ups, so would be good if you're able to get along to one and share your knowledge and a coldie!!

taslucas
1st September 2011, 04:11 PM
First Pic is a mates mav after a day (and half a night) in my back paddock. Drove to work and back for the week before washing it.
Second Pic: Under body wash-Easy.... Now for the top?

nowoolies
2nd September 2011, 11:25 AM
First Pic is a mates mav after a day (and half a night) in my back paddock. Drove to work and back for the week before washing it.
Second Pic: Under body wash-Easy.... Now for the top?

look how dirty you guys made the creek hahahahahahahahahahaha

ShuttleVan1
18th January 2012, 01:29 PM
Heres the cheap man's way!

Take shampoo or laundry detergent, then put it in a blender with hot water. Blend for 30 seconds, then pour that mix into a large bucket, take a large sponge and work the lather......hose it down......takes 20 minutes and looks fantastic!!

notonyournelly
19th January 2012, 12:21 PM
Wash? isnt that what the rain is for?

fabbio
21st January 2012, 02:35 AM
I wash the windscreen and the head lights so I can see where I'm going, but mostly its so my wife won't borrow my car.

Clunk
21st January 2012, 02:44 AM
I just park mine on the lawn when it's retic day, washes the underneath a treat!!!!

Bogus
23rd January 2012, 04:06 PM
Try parking the Troll on the front lawn over the top of the sprinkler then go do something else like 'grab a beer'.... Wait till all the mud falls of then shift it to the driveway.... Wallah!!! A clean Troll and a top dressed lawn.......

thebeatjackson
19th February 2012, 11:42 PM

140 here! that's why I replaced the carpets with vynil and just go at it with a hose!

belzi82
19th February 2012, 11:46 PM
Okay I will admit that I have washed my GU 3 times since I have had it.
I have a father who would love a 4WD but can't afford one so whenever I go around there he washes it, polishes it and makes her all spick and span. She gets washed about every 2 weeks.

jash
3rd March 2012, 08:56 PM
I like a clean patrol!! But it still gets dirty

Acko
13th March 2012, 09:02 PM
The last time i washed mine was while driving in a river and that was about 8 years ago

Nice job mate!
Apart from the windows which I don't think count, I haven't washed mine since I bought it 12 months ago.

Bjorn,
92 GQ Wagon TB42 Auto.

cokeholic
14th March 2012, 09:09 AM
I bought my 94 gq 4 months ago but the previous owner had never washed it it wa so bad that as i gernied it the paint was coming off with the grime

GQUTERUS
14th March 2012, 05:44 PM
Usually the same day, if it's too inconvenient then i just the water truck at work. I have to maintain a clean truck :)

benmatters
4th April 2012, 02:17 PM
Have not washed my GQ for 9 years and still no rust love living the bush no salt rain

Mwalker74
4th April 2012, 08:50 PM
Ha ha i dont remember ever touching the truck with a soapy sponge. I think the dirt hides dents

benmatters
9th April 2012, 08:44 AM
I would need a lot of dirt to hide some of my dents ha ha ha