PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on a good inverter

snicko
20th May 2011, 11:38 AM
I am looking at getting an inverter fitted to the rig as we now have a roof top tent.
We have three batteries so will proberly use the second battery under the bonnet to run it.
The third battery is in the car only hooked up to the fridge/freezer.
Not really sure what brand to buy or what size. (No sure yet what we will run off it.)
Any ideas??

Snicko

Sir Roofy
20th May 2011, 12:02 PM
i am looking at getting an inverter fitted to the rig as we now have a roof top tent.
We have three batteries so will proberly use the second battery under the bonnet to run it.
The third battery is in the car only hooked up to the fridge/freezer.
Not really sure what brand to buy or what size. (no sure yet what we will run off it.)
any ideas??

Snicko

why would you want an inverter for the tent? Just use a led light

snicko
20th May 2011, 12:05 PM
why would you want an inverter for the tent? Just use a led light

You know just in case............

Bob
20th May 2011, 12:06 PM
You know just in case............

He might want to have his Laptop up there so he can Post on the Forum

Sir Roofy
20th May 2011, 12:10 PM
he might want to have his laptop up there so he can post on the forum

true more like the dreaded t.v pml

snicko
20th May 2011, 12:22 PM
true more like the dreaded t.v pml

NO WAY dont believe in TV's out side of the house!! The lap top yes

the evil twin
20th May 2011, 01:03 PM
Hiya Snicko

Inverters are power hungry sons a bitches. I carry an elcheapo 300 watt jobbie just in case but I try to run all my gear off 12 Volts (including the Lappy, just use a Voltage converter). Only thing that I have used the Inverter for is charging camera Li-ion batteries once in a while.

Unless you have a tech requirement I reckon Inverters are a PIA and any high tech stuff usually needs True Sine Wave which is even worse.

If you haven't got anything to run off one yet then use the money to stay with or upgrade the DC side of your rig IMHO

snicko
20th May 2011, 01:33 PM
Hiya Snicko

Inverters are power hungry sons a bitches. I carry an elcheapo 300 watt jobbie just in case but I try to run all my gear off 12 Volts (including the Lappy, just use a Voltage converter). Only thing that I have used the Inverter for is charging camera Li-ion batteries once in a while.

Unless you have a tech requirement I reckon Inverters are a PIA and any high tech stuff usually needs True Sine Wave which is even worse.

If you haven't got anything to run off one yet then use the money to stay with or upgrade the DC side of your rig IMHO

Thanks thats just the advice I was looking for, money now not spent on something I don't need.