PDA

View Full Version : Cat flaps ( photo's inc)

katwoman
19th May 2011, 05:56 AM
Her's my dilemma..
All I've ever wanted are a pair of 'cat flaps'
Now, I was given a pair 12 months ago and had nothing to put them on, but now I have...
So, do I put them on Katrol ? Or is that a w@nky thing to do ?
Keeping in mind I dont do alot of 4x4 (yet) and certainly no hard stuff.
Or do I go buy a ute ?
Family friendly comments only. ( U know who I mean)
Sorry about size of photo.. had to be that small

growler2058
19th May 2011, 05:59 AM
Stoopid I phone won't look at piccoe will foment in a bit:-)

AB
19th May 2011, 07:27 AM
I don't think It's too wanky. If you had a massive CAT sticker spread across your entire rear window too then thats leaning towards the w@nk factor but just do it mate.

Bigrig
19th May 2011, 08:01 AM
Nahhh .... Huge w@nk factor - if you were a bloke, I'd go out of my way to snot you for thinking about it ...

Hang on ... the mudflaps??

Ohhh, I really should read your posts ... thought you were putting a kitty door on Katrol!!! lol

Go for it!! Who cares?? They perform a function and if you like 'em that's all that really matters ....

big_fletch
19th May 2011, 08:08 AM
Yep agree with above posts Kat, if you like them then whack em on.. You need mudflaps anyway so I wouldn't worry about other peoples opinions..
It's your car and you can put on whatever you like:smiley_thumbs_up:

Bigcol
19th May 2011, 08:23 AM
I agree, if they are what you want, and you have them, why Not?

I am looking for something similar, to stop rocks and mud being thrown up onto the front of my van

if you wanted w@nk factor - one of those stickers with the Bull Horns across the back windows........................................... ......................... :)

cheers

katwoman
19th May 2011, 08:28 AM
I agree, if they are what you want, and you have them, why Not?

I am looking for something similar, to stop rocks and mud being thrown up onto the front of my van

if you wanted w@nk factor - one of those stickers with the Bull Horns across the back windows........................................... ......................... :)

cheers

That's what my nissanpatrol.com.au sticker is for !! (I'm kidding, I'm kidding)

Bigcol
19th May 2011, 08:35 AM
NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ! ! ! ! ! !

now on the other hand one of those bl00dy great big Bundy Bear stickers..........................................

(lucky for me Qld is far far away from here...........)

cheers

Silver
19th May 2011, 08:40 AM
the only steering wheel cover I could find that fitted the mighty mav is an RM Williams model.

I don't like paying a premium to advertise someone else's product so tend to avoid buying things that are significantly more expensive just because of a label.

However that's just me :-) It's interesting that some want the white labels on their tyres to be fitted towards the centre of the car for instance.

In your case you have some functional mudflaps that will need to be rigged so they don't get ripped off, esp in reverse. I think the CAT labelling adds a certain coolness factor.

At the end of the day it's what you want that counts.

Bob
19th May 2011, 09:04 AM
To me they would look better on a Ute with a set of Bull Horns on the Bonnet and driven by a female rousabout . RAFLMAO

I forgot also with large UHF Arials and parked in the long paddock at the Deni Ute Muster.

Sir Roofy
19th May 2011, 09:53 AM
go for it mate who cares dont forget to put a chain on them
so when you reverse you wont pull them off

Silver
19th May 2011, 01:51 PM
of course, will need more than a set of CAT flaps to bring a GU up to GQ sex appeal standards :-)

timbar
19th May 2011, 02:04 PM
Nice Flaps Kat !! Yeah chuckem on if not i will have em hahahahaha

AB
19th May 2011, 02:58 PM
To me they would look better on a Ute with a set of Bull Horns on the Bonnet and driven by a female rousabout . RAFLMAO

I forgot also with large UHF Arials and parked in the long paddock at the Deni Ute Muster.

Don't forget the "Ive been to Dargo Pub" stickers Bobby...lol

Bob
19th May 2011, 03:03 PM
Don't forget the "Ive been to Dargo Pub" stickers Bobby...lol

I forgot about that.

Perhaps I should also add parked outside the Dargo Pub with the Girl Driver standing at the Bar out drinking the locals. LOL

DX grunt
19th May 2011, 03:04 PM
CAT mud flaps and a big Bundy flag on the bullbar would look so bling! Love it.

You have my permission and approval. lol We love pics. hahaha

macca
19th May 2011, 03:42 PM
If you got 'em you might as well use 'em.

Pity the are not spelt with a K,

Off to Deniliquin for the muster next...... very flash

katwoman
19th May 2011, 06:27 PM
I knew I shoulda bought the ute !!

[QUOTE=Silver;84676]of course, will need more than a set of CAT flaps to bring a GU up to GQ sex appeal standards :-)

I refuse to lower myself to your standards and comment on that, Silver

I forgot about that.

Perhaps I should also add parked outside the Dargo Pub with the Girl Driver standing at the Bar out drinking the locals. LOL

What's wrong with that ??? My shout..
Now, where's me Bonds ?

Bob
19th May 2011, 06:35 PM
[QUOTE=Bob;84608]To me they would look better on a Ute with a set of Bull Horns on the Bonnet and driven by a female rousabout . RAFLMAO
I knew I shoulda bought the ute !!

I refuse to lower myself to your standards and comment on that, Silver

What's wrong with that ??? My shout..
Now, where's me Bonds ?

You mean your Blue Singlet and Moleskin Trousers. This is a bloody good Post. Meaningless but good

growler2058
19th May 2011, 06:38 PM
Im with Timbar mate if ya dont wanem ill av em. But i wear a CAT belt and CAT steelies and have a westrac CAT cap. AND theyre Tigers colours

GUtsy ute
19th May 2011, 06:49 PM
Her's my dilemma..
All I've ever wanted are a pair of 'cat flaps'
Now, I was given a pair 12 months ago and had nothing to put them on, but now I have...
So, do I put them on Katrol ? Or is that a w@nky thing to do ?
Keeping in mind I dont do alot of 4x4 (yet) and certainly no hard stuff.
Or do I go buy a ute ?
Family friendly comments only. ( U know who I mean)
Sorry about size of photo.. had to be that small

Go for it, they will be like personalised plates and mean something to you.
I don't mind them at all, no different to having ones that say NISSAN or 4X4 or Back Off or whatever.
If you like them, fit them!!

Finly Owner
19th May 2011, 09:45 PM
If you got 'em you might as well use 'em.

Pity the are not spelt with a K,

Off to Deniliquin for the muster next...... very flashI was thinking the same and scrolling throught o see if anyone had said it......
So Kat it still says your name just spelt wrong. I'd use em if I was you.
Tim

Silver
19th May 2011, 09:51 PM
'I refuse to lower myself to your standards and comment on that, Silver'

Crikey, that's a bit harsh katwoman, especially here! :-) (oops, my mistake I thought this was night shift )

Still it would be tough to come up with an appropriate response given you come to the discussion as the GU driver :-))))))

katwoman
20th May 2011, 03:22 AM
Thanks for the input guys, now for an expert female opinion ??? Snicko ? Any other females??
Oh, talking about stickers, it was mentioned to me that the nissanpatrol.com.au sticker covers my brake light..
Is this legal here in Vic ? Katrol has 4 other brake lights..

Still no comment, Silver..

AND, if I decide against them TImbar and Growlers can have one each...pml

growler2058
20th May 2011, 03:25 AM
Cool what about half of each 1 each!! A left half and a right half or top and a bottom

growler2058
20th May 2011, 04:40 AM
I like CAT

molongmick
20th May 2011, 08:19 AM
I must admit when I first read the heading for this post I was thinking you were putting a cat flap on the trol, I could not work out why, then after reading the post, I started thinking (which hurt this early in the morning) that if you have got them, then they should be used. I think they would look good on any trol, GO for it.

Silver
20th May 2011, 08:45 AM
Lobby the company to change it's name to Katerpillar :-) think of the $$ it would make selling new gear once aligned with the powerful Katwoman brand!

snicko
20th May 2011, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the input guys, now for an expert female opinion ??? Snicko ? Any other females??
Oh, talking about stickers, it was mentioned to me that the nissanpatrol.com.au sticker covers my brake light..

I would get some" black out" and turn the "C" into a "K" !!!!! (good mudflaps are hard to come by) then Katrol would have a unique look.

the ferret
20th May 2011, 07:26 PM
Yep, wack em on Kat!!

Finly Owner
20th May 2011, 08:44 PM
Lobby the company to change it's name to Katerpillar :-) think of the $$ it would make selling new gear once aligned with the powerful Katwoman brand!Talk about sucking up, I thought I was bad........

Tim

Clunk
21st May 2011, 12:23 AM
yep, nice flaps Kat lol

GUte
21st May 2011, 12:42 AM
Ive got them on my ute, didnt want plain black and couldnt find NISSAN flaps so these were the next choice. Still need to secure the bottom, thinking dyneema rope haha

Will have to try find more pics
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f253/In_Elysium/4x4/IMG_1694.jpg

katwoman
21st May 2011, 12:51 AM
I would get some" black out" and turn the "C" into a "K" !!!!! (good mudflaps are hard to come by) then Katrol would have a unique look.

I like it.....

katwoman
21st May 2011, 12:53 AM
Ive got them on my ute, didnt want plain black and couldnt find NISSAN flaps so these were the next choice. Still need to secure the bottom, thinking dyneema rope haha

Will have to try find more pics
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f253/In_Elysium/4x4/IMG_1694.jpg

Nice, but mine are actually the big kickA ones.. looks like I'll have to dig them out when I get home and have a closer look.
I like the look of yours tho.

Clunk
21st May 2011, 01:00 AM
you trying to toughen up the girly Katrol are ya ????? hahahahaha

katwoman
21st May 2011, 01:03 AM

family forum, family forum......

timbar
21st May 2011, 01:19 AM

Growlers has the belt and boots to match he can have my half !!

Silver
21st May 2011, 01:53 AM

it is a GU so can only go so far...

katwoman
21st May 2011, 02:09 AM
it is a GU so can only go so far...

Keep it up and I will drive your car and will not be responsable for what happens

timbar
21st May 2011, 02:14 AM
Keep it up and I will drive your car and will not be responsable for what happens

silver picking on your Flaps kat ???

Clunk
21st May 2011, 02:20 AM
silver picking on your Flaps kat ???

reckon he's got every reason to mate hahahaha

twisty
20th July 2011, 08:07 PM
... thought you were putting a kitty door on Katrol!!! lol

That's why I had to look! hehe ... go for it! Suits the theme!

katwoman
20th July 2011, 08:10 PM
Update !! Katflaps wont fit.. :( back to the drawing board..

nowoolies
20th July 2011, 08:11 PM
put them up for sale on here Kat
somebody will buy them

Woof
20th July 2011, 08:41 PM
CAT mud flaps and a big Bundy flag on the bullbar would look so bling! Love it.

You have my permission and approval. lol We love pics. hahaha

Sounds like the way to go Ross...........just so happens that I have 2 very large Bundy stickers for sale...........originally made to go on a Bundy sales car.
Kat as for the mud flaps, personally there is no way that I would put any mud flaps on my Q...............it keeps everyone at a safe distance away from me when on dirt/muddy roads.