PDA

View Full Version : Rear window defroster wire broken on GQ barn door

AB
18th May 2011, 09:32 AM
Winter is almost here and icey windows are on there way!!!

I tried out the rear window defroster on the GQ for the first time to find that there must be a break or scratch in the wire right in the middle section of the barn door.

I see there are some kits to buy on the internet to repair the broken wire but just checking has anyone done this before and give any advice or is there an easy DIY way to do this?

Mrowka
18th May 2011, 11:24 PM
The kits I have seen are not rocket science to do: usually you mask off the wiring and then paint over the break with an electrically conductive paint.

Remove the masking and let dry and you are good to go.

AB
19th May 2011, 07:21 AM
Thanks mate, thought it was just as easy as that!

the evil twin
19th May 2011, 01:00 PM
Pls excuse the 'jack but gotta share this...

I know of a dude (name kept confidential to protect the guilty) who spent a LOT of time fault finding the rear left cargo window demister in his GU. The barn door Demisting worked fine but that pesky rear LH cargo window never would demist for him and he couldn't find where the power was going.

God, I wish I had a camera to catch the look on his face when I told him that the "wire" in that window was part of the Diversity Radio Antenna and not a demister... I still kack myself whenever I tell people

Bigrig
19th May 2011, 05:31 PM

I know of a dude (name kept confidential to protect the guilty) who spent a LOT of time fault finding the rear left cargo window demister in his GU. The barn door Demisting worked fine but that pesky rear LH cargo window never would demist for him and he couldn't find where the power was going.

God, I wish I had a camera to catch the look on his face when I told him that the "wire" in that window was part of the Diversity Radio Antenna and not a demister... I still kack myself whenever I tell people

Evil for a reason!!! lmfao ... classic mate!

AB
19th May 2011, 07:33 PM

Classic ET, do we get a name of this so called person...lol

Do we know this person???

Warm, hot cold, freezing, any clues...lol

the evil twin
19th May 2011, 09:06 PM
Hehehe... No, only about 4 or 5 of you guys would know him. He's not a Forum member but does lurk here from time to time.

I keep telling him to sign up but mighta blown any chance of that now :devilred:

AB
19th May 2011, 09:14 PM
ok, thought it might have been one of our regular members just after he arc'd the dipstick on the battery...lol