PDA

View Full Version : Cape Jaffa South Australia New Years 2018/19

MudRunnerTD
16th July 2018, 11:34 AM
Well guys this Trip is on again for the New Years holidays. Come and see in the New Year with us at Cape Jaffa. SA. If you have never driven the beaches of SA then this is the trip for you. Ive been going for many years and run this trip every 2 years. This will be our 3rd or 4th time at Cape Jaffa and a Great spot it is.

Cape Jaffa is about 70kms North of Robe and we have direct beach access to the North and South for driving. Kingston is 20odd kms north on the beach for shopping.

We will be doing a day trip tot eh Mouth of the Murray river approx. 170kms North on the beach. Big day and bucket list stuff.

Will be Awesome. Lock in your Site with me ASAP Please

We have about 10 sites booked from Thursday 27th December 2018 to about Friday 4th January 2019 with the option for some to stay another week if you like. Need to lock in numbers asap.

I have a few locked in already, add yourself to the list if your super keen.

Site fees are very cheap and i have Powered sites booked. i think i have 10 booked at this stage in a communal space. It is a caravan park so all facilities are there.

MudRunnerTD
16th July 2018, 11:38 AM
So the list i have now i think is....

Mudrunner and family
AB and Family
mattfew and family
Winnie and family
Rossco (maybe)
jonno and family
Gary Welsh and family

There may be more sites available if i get in fast but have had 10 booked since christmas. This will be awesome guys. Cant wait.

AB
16th July 2018, 05:52 PM
Looking forward to it!!!!!!!

Winnie
16th July 2018, 07:40 PM
Looking forward to it!!!!!!!Same, very keen mate.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

TPC
16th July 2018, 08:34 PM
I already had a booking at Meningie for this time but will join you guys for the drive to the mouth. Did the drive a few years back with Darren, Westy and Kevin (Darrens mate) and it was great fun.

Was good have Kevin along with his Hilux as it gave Westy some recovery practice.

MudRunnerTD
16th July 2018, 08:38 PM
I already had a booking at Meningie for this time but will join you guys for the drive to the mouth. Did the drive a few years back with Darren, Westy and Kevin (Darrens mate) and it was great fun.

Was good have Kevin along with his Hilux as it gave Westy some recovery practice.

Bugger thats a shame Tony, would have been great r9 have a drink with you again mate. Message me your number mate and i will try and catchup while we are there.

Winnie
16th July 2018, 08:40 PM
Hey Darren, are sand flags needed for this trip?

MudRunnerTD
16th July 2018, 08:42 PM
Hey Darren, are sand flags needed for this trip?

Yeah mate pack your flag

Winnie
16th July 2018, 08:49 PM
Yeah mate pack your flagI reckon I can do it better than the Simpson version I made... Hahaha

AB
16th July 2018, 08:50 PM
I think I still have my Simpson flag set up lol.

I remember saying to myself I'll need that again one day.

That day has come!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Winnie
16th July 2018, 08:55 PM
I think I still have my Simpson flag set up lol.

I remember saying to myself I'll need that again one day.

That day has come!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk$100 on eBay for a proper mine compliant flag

PeeBee
17th July 2018, 09:35 AM
Guys, would love to attend, however this is the period we bring Jenny's parents down for Xmas, hence I would have to build another doghouse further down the backyard if I bailed on this annual event. Looks great, never been over that way, trust you will have a ball.

MudRunnerTD
17th July 2018, 07:01 PM
Guys, would love to attend, however this is the period we bring Jenny's parents down for Xmas, hence I would have to build another doghouse further down the backyard if I bailed on this annual event. Looks great, never been over that way, trust you will have a ball.

Theyd love camping..... the beach is amazing Phil

Winnie
17th July 2018, 07:03 PM
Are we allowed to have a fire there Darren?

PeeBee
17th July 2018, 07:23 PM
Theyd love camping..... the beach is amazing Phil

I think you would end up moving away!

MudRunnerTD
17th July 2018, 10:48 PM
Are we allowed to have a fire there Darren?

Nah no fires in the park mate.

Thinking we might do a boys night in the dunes in swags and fire maybe if guys are keen.

matfew
18th July 2018, 09:28 AM
I got some work to do to the patrol before this trip haha. Can't wait should be great fun. Only 1 thing that can get in the way but we will see

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

MudRunnerTD
28th August 2018, 10:49 PM
Hey guys.

Just giving this a little bump. I have site left. 8 booked. If keen yell out

mudski
29th August 2018, 08:23 AM
I'm off to Merimbula on the 5th for two weeks. I will see if we are going to be open on the 27th and 28th. If we are closed, we might be able to get there for a few days atleast. But I highly doubt they will close the shop for those two days.

MudRunnerTD
29th August 2018, 09:55 AM
I'm off to Merimbula on the 5th for two weeks. I will see if we are going to be open on the 27th and 28th. If we are closed, we might be able to get there for a few days atleast. But I highly doubt they will close the shop for those two days.

Let me know asap please mate, i have a floating site that i will give back to them with as much notice as possible although i doubt they will get stuck with it but keen to not leave them hanging. Great Crew, will be a Great trip. I think every car bar 1 has kids so it will be an amazing family trip.

TPC
29th August 2018, 09:46 PM
Let me know asap please mate, i have a floating site that i will give back to them with as much notice as possible although i doubt they will get stuck with it but keen to not leave them hanging. Great Crew, will be a Great trip. I think every car bar 1 has kids so it will be an amazing family trip.

Darren you still planning on doing a drive to the mouth?
PLJ and I will tag along if you do.

MudRunnerTD
29th August 2018, 10:04 PM
Darren you still planning on doing a drive to the mouth?
PLJ and I will tag along if you do.

100% doing it.

mudski
3rd September 2018, 05:05 PM

Just got confirmation we are closed until the 2nd from the 23rd!!!! Looks mudski and family are in. Just need to lock in a few things first but I'd say we are there, and confirm dates as we would have to leave a few days earlier.!!!:animierte-smilies-t

MudRunnerTD
3rd September 2018, 08:38 PM
Trip FULL..........

mudski
3rd September 2018, 08:44 PM
We will have to leave on the 1st however as I have work on the 2nd. So Darren can we do the long beach run before I leave please?

MudRunnerTD
3rd September 2018, 08:53 PM
Just got confirmation we are closed until the 2nd from the 23rd!!!! Looks mudski and family are in. Just need to lock in a few things first but I'd say we are there, and confirm dates as we would have to leave a few days earlier.!!!:animierte-smilies-t

I have a site for you mate. Trip is now full.

12 sites booked. Going to be huge!!!!

MudRunnerTD
3rd September 2018, 08:54 PM
We will have to leave on the 1st however as I have work on the 2nd. So Darren can we do the long beach run before I leave please?

We did it new years eve last year. Will try and sort it out mate.

mudski
3rd September 2018, 09:06 PM
We did it new years eve last year. Will try and sort it out mate.

New years eve is good...

TPC
3rd September 2018, 09:25 PM
Noooo, new years eve is bad.

mudski
3rd September 2018, 10:11 PM
Noooo, new years eve is bad.

Dont care, as long as I get to do it before I leave.

mudski
20th October 2018, 06:44 PM
Bring it on!!!! So pumped for this trip!
Daz! You need any money for deposits etc?

MudRunnerTD
21st October 2018, 12:12 AM
Bring it on!!!! So pumped for this trip!
Daz! You need any money for deposits etc?

Nah all good. Believe it or not i am holding 10 sites from 27th December, thats nearlly half the park! and he didnt want a deposit!!!!

mudski
21st October 2018, 08:17 PM
Nah all good. Believe it or not i am holding 10 sites from 27th December, thats nearlly half the park! and he didnt want a deposit!!!!

Sweet! I’m more pumped about this trip than our annual family trip to Merimbula.

Sent from my crapPhone using Tapatalk

Winnie
21st October 2018, 10:22 PM
Yeah I'm keen as and this trip is giving me motivation to get the car up and running ASAP!

mudski
20th December 2018, 08:19 AM
Its getting closer to departure! Very excited for this trip.... Also I have have heard a whisper that some of you are leaving on the 26th. Who is leaving on the 27th? As we will be leaving with the sparrows on the 27th.

PeeBee
20th December 2018, 09:00 AM
Jealous guys, wish I was going, really do. I hope Gwendolyn is going on holidays as well?? She LOVES to travel and take fast exciting drives thru the sand dunes!! Enjoy and have a safe one.

Winnie
20th December 2018, 09:04 AM
Its getting closer to departure! Very excited for this trip.... Also I have have heard a whisper that some of you are leaving on the 26th. Who is leaving on the 27th? As we will be leaving with the sparrows on the 27th.We are leaving on the 26th but an overnight stop at Lake Lonsdale. We will arrive at Cape Jaffa in the morning on the 27th.

AB
20th December 2018, 10:43 AM
I think everyone here is doing the same Mark. Like we said we could meet you at LL or on the road on the 27th.

MudRunnerTD
20th December 2018, 10:45 AM
We are leaving on the 26th but an overnight stop at Lake Lonsdale. We will arrive at Cape Jaffa in the morning on the 27th.

about 4 hrs from Lake Lonsdale to Cape Jaffa..

We will shop at Naracorte SA.

mudski
20th December 2018, 10:51 AM
No worries. Any rough time on when you think you will leave Lake Lonsdale? Andy said to me maybe mid morning on the weekend. I can meet you guys there early in the morning. I'll leave home before sunrise.

MudRunnerTD
20th December 2018, 12:18 PM
No worries. Any rough time on when you think you will leave Lake Lonsdale? Andy said to me maybe mid morning on the weekend. I can meet you guys there early in the morning. I'll leave home before sunrise.

yeah thinking maybe 9:30 or so mate.

mudski
20th December 2018, 12:29 PM
yeah thinking maybe 9:30 or so mate.

Yeah sweet, unless the kettle boils, we'll be there. Keep the radio on ch17 if you can...

Rossco
20th December 2018, 05:38 PM
Probably get to cape jaffa arvo of the 29th, leaving Coota, do a mission up to Horsham then across the next day. Can't wait should be awesome.

AB
20th December 2018, 05:46 PM
Lachy just shat in the toilet, wiped his fingers on the wall and flushed his undies down toilet into septic tank, reallllllllly needing this holiday lol

mudski
20th December 2018, 09:31 PM
Lachy just shat in the toilet, wiped his fingers on the wall and flushed his undies down toilet into septic tank, reallllllllly needing this holiday lol

Time to get the wetsuit on and go for a dive to retrieve the undies?

Rossco
20th December 2018, 10:21 PM
How many k up the beach is to the murray mouth from cape jaffa?

MudRunnerTD
20th December 2018, 10:27 PM
How many k up the beach is to the murray mouth from cape jaffa?

170 or so mate. That xould ve from beachport actually. Its a big drive regardless mate.

Rossco
20th December 2018, 10:52 PM
That's one way yeah. Is it doable there and back in a day and is that what we're planning? . .

MudRunnerTD
20th December 2018, 11:09 PM
That's one way yeah. Is it doable there and back in a day and is that what we're planning? . .

Yes 1 way. Definitely a day trip. Big day. Done it twice.

MudRunnerTD
20th December 2018, 11:10 PM
Big convoy will slow things up too.

Avo
20th December 2018, 11:48 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkHe's gunna be hoot on his 18th hey Andy

TPC
21st December 2018, 01:09 AM
Big convoy will slow things up too.

Will be even slower if there are any hilux's to snatch out of bogs too.
Is Kevin going to be there?

MudRunnerTD
21st December 2018, 01:17 AM
Will be even slower if there are any hilux's to snatch out of bogs too.
Is Kevin going to be there?

11 cars. No hiluxes. 5 Big TD42s. 1 stock TD42T. 2 200s. An 80. A ranger. A 79

TPC
21st December 2018, 01:32 AM
11 cars. No hiluxes. 5 Big TD42s. 1 stock TD42T. 2 200s. An 80. A ranger. A 79

You know what day you are going to do it? I am still keen to join you for the drive.

Rossco
21st December 2018, 06:54 AM
Yeah fair mission but sounds bloody good. Be good to see you Tony, how far away are you?

TPC
21st December 2018, 08:14 AM
Yeah fair mission but sounds bloody good. Be good to see you Tony, how far away are you?

I will be staying at Meningie and will probably meet up with you guys at Salt Creek.

MudRunnerTD
21st December 2018, 09:09 AM
You know what day you are going to do it? I am still keen to join you for the drive.

Not sure yet mate. Need to look at the tides and chat to the group. I have looked at the tides already and i think from memory either the 28th or the 3rd. 28th is too soon.

mudski
21st December 2018, 10:38 AM
Not sure yet mate. Need to look at the tides and chat to the group. I have looked at the tides already and i think from memory either the 28th or the 3rd. 28th is too soon.

I'd really love to do this drive, but we have to leave on the 1st.

mudski
22nd December 2018, 07:17 PM
Patrol has had a good once/ten times over. Grease and washed and ready to go. Camper is open and trying to sort out what comes and what stays. http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/12/405.jpg
Sooooo looking forward to this. More than our two week Merimbula trip three days after this.

Rossco
22nd December 2018, 08:04 PM
So your going to Cape Jaffa then Merimbula yeah. . . Doing the opposite just got up to Coota this arvo then over to SA in about a week lol. . .

mudski
22nd December 2018, 08:38 PM
So your going to Cape Jaffa then Merimbula yeah. . . Doing the opposite just got up to Coota this arvo then over to SA in about a week lol. . .

Yeah bud. Can’t wait. I love road tripping. I’m going the the Cobourg Peninsula next October. We are flying up but I’d love to do the drive if I had the time. Apparently it’s 11 hours just from Darwin.

jay see
23rd December 2018, 01:04 AM
You changed your wheels Mark?

They look alright.. [emoji106]

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

mudski
23rd December 2018, 04:24 PM
You changed your wheels Mark?

They look alright.. [emoji106]

Maybe two years ago mate. Got them cheap. I have a set of muddies on black sunnies which you might have seen on my Patrol last time we spoke..

AB
23rd December 2018, 04:58 PM
Mia has been throwing up at night the last couple of nights late at night but fine and not sick during the day, really weird!

I’m praying it doesn’t happen again tonight or Christmas Eve otherwise she might not be coming away.

GQtdauto
23rd December 2018, 06:09 PM
Mia has been throwing up at night the last couple of nights late at night but fine and not sick during the day, really weird!

I’m praying it doesn’t happen again tonight or Christmas Eve otherwise she might not be coming away.

No good AB , our daughter when young used to chuck in the mornings it turned out to be the brand of orange juice we had recently changed to .

Hodge
23rd December 2018, 07:28 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkHopefully it's not a start of gastro Andy. For hers and your sake.
My son had the same few weeks ago... Few throw ups during night and a bit restless , but absolutely normal day time.... And then 3rd or 4th day sloppy farts began and then it really hit him and held for about 4 days.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

AB
23rd December 2018, 07:55 PM
Hopefully it's not a start of gastro Andy. For hers and your sake.
My son had the same few weeks ago... Few throw ups during night and a bit restless , but absolutely normal day time.... And then 3rd or 4th day sloppy farts began and then it really hit him and held for about 4 days.

Bloody hell I hope not lol, realllly don’t need that at the moment!

Avo
23rd December 2018, 07:57 PM
Bloody hell I hope not lol, realllly don’t need that at the moment!

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkCome on AB... wheres ya sense of adventure

PeeBee
26th December 2018, 11:28 PM
Best wishes to all you 'Jaffa's', its sure to be a great trip. I will be thinking of you as I start into my elderly neighbours kitchen cupboards that need some love and mods and whilst replacing the rails on a perfectly good fence that have decided to rot out prematurely - both pigs of jobs, and nowhere near the fun you will all have.

MudRunnerTD
27th December 2018, 07:56 PM
Well we are here. Couple of stragglers still to arrive but this place, fair dinkum, is awesome. The sites are HUGE!! GRASSED.

Quick trip up the beach today to kingston for a shop. Going to be an awesome trip.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/12/431.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/12/432.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/12/433.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

PeeBee
27th December 2018, 08:19 PM
So, AB's rad held out in the heat? Watched the news tonight and there was a huge heat sink right thru that central Vic to SA region.

MudRunnerTD
27th December 2018, 08:41 PM
So, AB's rad held out in the heat? Watched the news tonight and there was a huge heat sink right thru that central Vic to SA region.

Hot!!! Damn Hot. Was 38 for most of the day. Dropped to 27 when we rolled into Cape Jaffa.

Long hot day.

MB
29th December 2018, 03:06 AM
Horrible trip, kids are hating shaking off Hills dust thanking you Daz & Top Team!
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/12/443.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/12/444.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/12/445.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/12/446.jpg

Hodge
29th December 2018, 08:58 AM
Looks amazing Mr. Mark MB .
Enjoy it folks, stay safe.

mudski
29th December 2018, 09:20 AM
Looks amazing Mr. Mark MB .
Enjoy it folks, stay safe.

Yeah fun day yesterday. Big mix of track types. Deep soft sand where you really had to be on the ball driving and on the loud pedal constantly, to hard packed beach runs and the dune drives. Loved it...

Today is relax day and hit the local wineries.

Hodge
29th December 2018, 09:24 AM
Excellent. I'm assuming your beast is all good , cooling and all ?
Yeah fun day yesterday. Big mix of track types. Deep soft sand where you really had to be on the ball driving and on the loud pedal constantly, to hard packed beach runs and the dune drives. Loved it...

Today is relax day and hit the local wineries.

PeeBee
29th December 2018, 10:29 AM
Yeah, looks like a rubbish trip, sun, blue skies, clean ocean, kids having a great time, great driving, glad I stayed at home NOT!!!

mudski
29th December 2018, 10:49 AM
Excellent. I'm assuming your beast is all good , cooling and all ?

No still shite. But I’m living with it as it’s not going to stuff my holiday. Mind you, a few others were running hot too. The deep sand really put a lot of stress on the motor. Coolant is not returning back into the rad too. Hoping it’s just the cap. I have borrowed AB’s spare new one to see. Hopefully it’s just that.

mudnut
29th December 2018, 03:02 PM
Brings back memories from our last trip there. If you haven't been there, put it on your bucket list!

MudRunnerTD
29th December 2018, 03:28 PM
16 sites booked for from 27th December 2020 to 11th January 2021.

Put it in your diaries. Lock in your leave. Sort it out.

TPC
29th December 2018, 03:38 PM
MudRunnerTD you still considering a drive to the mouth?

Rossco
29th December 2018, 04:11 PM
Just in Aspley going to stop in Naracourt for a shop but will be there soon . . .

MudRunnerTD
29th December 2018, 06:06 PM
MudRunnerTD you still considering a drive to the mouth?

Sorry Tony, meant to call you.

Heading tomorrow mate. Are you keen? Leaving CJ at 7:30am

TPC
29th December 2018, 06:17 PM
Yea still keen, have to figure out around what time you would get to Salt Creek. I might have a trip log from last time.

mudski
30th December 2018, 03:10 PM
Made it! 167klms on one beach to the mouth of the Mighty Murray!

mudnut
30th December 2018, 03:35 PM
What was the drive there like? would you do it by yourself or is the sand a bit treacherous in places?

TPC
30th December 2018, 07:40 PM
What was the drive there like? would you do it by yourself or is the sand a bit treacherous in places?

Definitely would not do it alone, some very soft sections and it continuously changes.

mudski
30th December 2018, 08:53 PM
Definitely would not do it alone, some very soft sections and it continuously changes.

Exactly. You can do it but if you get stuck where we were, no other people around, your on your own 100%.
But bloody hell! What an epic day! Having a drag race against Winnie on the sand and hitting 120kph plus was fun. Getting air born on woopdies is next level! I used a ship load of fuel, one tank, 95L saw me around 270k’s. So heavy on the juice that’s for sure.
I’m on such a high right now.

TPC
30th December 2018, 09:14 PM
I had an awesome time and was great catching up with all you guys. Thanks Darren for organizing it.

mudski
31st December 2018, 12:20 AM
I had an awesome time and was great catching up with all you guys. Thanks Darren for organizing it.

Yep! Hats off to this bloke who make shit happen every trip.

MB
31st December 2018, 07:51 AM
He’s not too bad of a bloke Young Daz, thanks heaps from our Feral Mob also mate!
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/12/453.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/12/454.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/12/455.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/12/456.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/12/457.jpg

MB
31st December 2018, 07:54 AM
Big Critters over this way!
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/12/458.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/12/459.jpg

MB
31st December 2018, 07:59 AM
Be weary of the 7 foot V8 Sand Monkeys!
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/12/460.jpg

JonnoD
31st December 2018, 08:15 AM
It was an awesome day on the beach. The whoppdidoos were stupid fun with Matt and Darren on the way back.http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/12/461.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/12/462.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/12/463.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/12/464.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/12/465.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/12/466.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/12/467.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/12/468.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/12/469.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/12/470.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/12/471.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/12/472.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/12/473.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/12/474.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/12/475.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/12/476.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/12/477.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/12/478.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

rusty_nail
31st December 2018, 08:58 AM
looks amazing guys! very jealous. as usual what a great turnout for numbers! looks like it would have been a beaut trip for numbers and attendees. I will definitely be there once Lacey travels a little better.

taslucas
31st December 2018, 10:49 AM
Very beautiful! Keep the pics coming. Happy new year to you all!
Hmmm... 2020 you say....

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Rossco
31st December 2018, 12:21 PM
Awsome trip, great variety of beach driving from smoother than highway 100kph runs to soft sections humps corrugations and everything inbetween . . .

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/12/479.jpg

Poor old diesel spent most the day trying to back one out . . .

Ocean was pretty wild and windy. . .

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Rossco
31st December 2018, 12:31 PM
Long haul but made it to the mouth for a swim & lunch. . .

Rossco
31st December 2018, 12:58 PM
What was the drive there like? would you do it by yourself or is the sand a bit treacherous in places?Big variety of sand, this was a pretty soft section, saw this one and another a bit further up with just a couple of the and leaf springs sticking up up side down out of the sand, ended up driving through the middle of it lol. . . Bit ofa reminder how quick things can turn sour. We're pretty lucky with the tides too, pretty low overall. . .

AB
31st December 2018, 01:51 PM
What an awesome place! Kids caught an octopus off the Jetty the other night, crazy little bugger squeezed through the planks of wood and escaped.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/12/480.jpg

TPC
31st December 2018, 01:53 PM
Have booked a cabin there for 2 nights, see you lot on the 2nd.

Softy
31st December 2018, 03:25 PM
Looks like your all having a ball and decent turn out!

Wish i could have tagged along.. Love it down there! Watch out swimming at the mouth.. Been a few big sharks about lately trying to get a feed of those bloody stinking seals!

Winnie
31st December 2018, 03:35 PM
Have booked a cabin there for 2 nights, see you lot on the 2nd.That's awesome mate, see you then

mudnut
31st December 2018, 03:39 PM
Anyone heading down my way on your way home?

TPC
31st December 2018, 04:16 PM

Wrong direction for me

MudRunnerTD
31st December 2018, 05:17 PM
What a killer day yesterday.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/12/481.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/12/482.jpg

Great bunch of people. Everyone had a ball.

Fuel usage Kingston to Kingston 340kms
Lights Ranger 91.5lts
Wayne's 200GXl 91lts liftlid 79series dualcab 107lts
MudRunnerTD GuIV TD42 109lts leading down the beach mattfew 2018 200 Sahara.........114lts

Bhahahahaha

Might have done a couple of drag races down the beach.... My TD well and truly held its own against the 200 Sahara. I missed 3rd damn it or i would have smashed him. Auto 200.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/12/483.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/12/484.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/12/485.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/12/486.jpg

MudRunnerTD
31st December 2018, 05:21 PM
So tonight will be a huge night at Cape Jaffa.

Happy New Year to you all
MB your a bloody legend mate

Cheers to you all. Gunna get messy

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/12/487.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/12/488.jpg

mudski
31st December 2018, 06:20 PM

Where’s your way Craig?

Plasnart
31st December 2018, 06:21 PM

Agave worms, now ya talkin!

mudnut
31st December 2018, 07:20 PM
Where’s your way Craig?

A bit outta Portland.

jay see
31st December 2018, 07:38 PM
Wow, that looks like mad fun. [emoji106][emoji106]

Best wishes for the new year to all.

Safe travels home gents.

MudRunnerTD
1st January 2019, 11:29 AM

Bhahahahaha it looked so neat! Take a close look folks! That is what a train wreck looks like before it crashes.

Huge night! HUGE NIGHT!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE.🍍🍓🍇🌶🍯🍻🍹🍹🍸🍹🤪🤪

PLJ
1st January 2019, 11:30 AM
Thanks for letting me tag along with Tony,
Had a great time, nice to meet all of you,
Some awesome drone shots at the mouth.
Cheers Paul

Softy
1st January 2019, 01:16 PM
Guess there wont be much movement around camp today...

Plasnart
1st January 2019, 06:22 PM
Only 1 poster from the group today! A few rough heads methinks from Daz's post.

Avo
1st January 2019, 09:05 PM
Only 1 poster from the group today! A few rough heads methinks from Daz's post.Apprentices

Plasnart
1st January 2019, 10:34 PM
Apprentices

First exposure to Agave Worms will do that. Purple elephants and all.

Rossco
1st January 2019, 10:54 PM
Yep, wow what a BIG night was wicked one of the best night's 4 sure was a LOT of alcohol consumed. MB you are a legend kept the bar running all night and Paul aka lights you are an animal. . . Today didn't feel too bad concidering but much resting took place lol . . .

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/1.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/2.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/3.jpg

AB
2nd January 2019, 07:39 AM
Waiting patiently for everyone to get up as its buggy park today!!!

WAKE UP!!!!

TPC
2nd January 2019, 02:52 PM
Waiting patiently for everyone to get up as its buggy park today!!!

WAKE UP!!!!

Like a kid on Christmas morning.

Winnie
2nd January 2019, 06:56 PM
We might have had some fun today.
I did not get any pics but the rest of the crew got plenty.

TPC
4th January 2019, 06:35 PM
Made it home ok but was a painful trip, with the lack of power I was 2nd gear doing 20kph up some hills.

Thanks again to everybody at Cape Jaffa, was great catching up with you all and having a bit of fun.
Thanks Darren for organizing things and for getting bogged so I wasn't the only one.

PeeBee
5th January 2019, 04:22 PM
Made it home ok but was a painful trip, with the lack of power I was 2nd gear doing 20kph up some hills.

Thanks again to everybody at Cape Jaffa, was great catching up with you all and having a bit of fun.
Thanks Darren for organizing things and for getting bogged so I wasn't the only one.

Why the power loss?

TPC
5th January 2019, 04:27 PM
Why the power loss?

Not sure yet.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?44269-Speedo-not-working-amp-lack-of-power
(http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?44269-Speedo-not-working-amp-lack-of-power)

AB
5th January 2019, 07:12 PM
What an awesome trip folks, one of our best, massive days driving home!!!

Winnie
5th January 2019, 07:42 PM
Unreal! Some of the best 4WDing I have done. Thanks to everyone for making it such an epic trip!

MB
5th January 2019, 07:48 PM
Yep, Awesome trip thanks heaps to all!
Larry made it home safely to his new freshwater dam in the hills[emoji106][emoji106]
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/14.jpg

AB
5th January 2019, 09:18 PM
Big day, I am buggered!

MB noticed a decent oil leak coming from Winnie's car on the way home. Turned out it was just the oil sender T piece but it ended up snapping in the block, thank god easy out got it out and back on the road within 30 minutes.

GQ is covered in salt, every nook and cranny has sand and salt, inside and out.

Sunday is major clean up day with degreaser and lots of scrubbing, but soooo worth it!

Winnie
5th January 2019, 09:23 PM
Got suuuuuuper lucky that we stopped and that MB noticed the oil leak.
I've had the lawn sprinkler under the GQ for the last hour or so and there is so much sand on the ground now... unreal! Next time I will be spraying with fish oil before we go.

MB
5th January 2019, 10:12 PM
Some other off-beach impressive regional sites that we were kindly guided via oneday by the team!
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/21.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/22.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/23.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/24.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/25.jpg

AB
5th January 2019, 10:31 PM
So I’m sitting down having a beer after driving 8 hours with stops and 3 hours unpacking and thought what a great trip, what photos did I take.

Turns out I took one photo and it’s of Darren snorting vap alcohol!!!!

I need a personal camera man on our trips as I am hopeless!

Anyways enjoy!!!

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/26.jpg

MB
5th January 2019, 10:58 PM
Correction...10hrs door to door on the knocker including SA 1/2 hr behind oldest mate!
I nearly lost my shit arriving back to the shed finding a float loaded to its inside roof with bales blocking the roller door.
Hay unload was a blokes first priority home apparently :-)
Still betterer than sorting out AB Jnr’s runny explosion half way back you poor buggers, go Super Dad, you are the best Bro !!

AB
5th January 2019, 11:18 PM
Correction...10hrs door to door on the knocker including SA 1/2 hr behind oldest mate!
I nearly lost my shit arriving back to the shed finding a float loaded to its inside roof with bales blocking the roller door.
Hay unload was a blokes first priority home apparently :-)
Still betterer than sorting out AB Jnr’s runny explosion half way back you poor buggers, go Super Dad, you are the best Bro !!

Poor little Lachy he was holding it at that town then bum wees all over his pants 5 seconds before I put his ass on the town public toilet!

Let’s not kid around we’ve all been there though at some stage in our lives lol

MB
5th January 2019, 11:22 PM
Trojans, the two of ya for sure good blokes!!

JonnoD
5th January 2019, 11:39 PM
Its was an awesome trip and a surprise to most I made it home with out an issue, even driving in 40 + degree weather. I spent some of today washing and scrubbing the truck and need to spend more time under it with the wire wheel and paint to get some of the surface rust off.
I ran in to a bloke that had a 4xr Iveco daily camper that looked pretty sweet and it gave me some expensive ideas

Thanks again Daz for getting the trip organized.http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/27.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/28.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/29.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/30.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/31.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/32.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/33.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/34.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/35.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/36.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/37.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/38.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/39.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/40.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/41.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/42.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/43.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/44.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/45.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/46.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/47.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/48.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/49.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/50.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/51.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/52.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/53.jpg

MB
5th January 2019, 11:48 PM
New mate Wayne kindly guided us out last night for a quick low tide last blast on the beach some 28mile up town of Kingston.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/54.jpg
We were all disgusted at the amount of Graffiti upon beach structures by similar named Legends :-)
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/55.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/56.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/57.jpg

MB
6th January 2019, 12:43 AM
Thanks for letting me tag along with Tony,
Had a great time, nice to meet all of you,
Some awesome drone shots at the mouth.
Cheers Paul

Great to meet you Paul mate, keep amongst it here and out there too good bloke [emoji106][emoji106]

MB
6th January 2019, 12:55 AM
Apprentices

Whilst the Adults were snoozing that first 2019 day, a few sugar bellied kids, including oneself kicked off a 6:00am NY breaky startup off the pier. Buggy Park on the 2nd day miss quite a different story :-(
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/58.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/59.jpg
Proud Tucker Littlens [emoji106][emoji106]
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/60.jpg

JonnoD
6th January 2019, 06:55 PM
I just spent the better part of 2hr under the cruiser with a wire wheel, rust converter and paint getting ride of the rust. Gotta use fish oil next timehttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/64.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/65.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/66.jpg

rusty_nail
6th January 2019, 07:06 PM
I just spent the better part of 2hr under the cruiser with a wire wheel, rust converter and paint getting ride of the rust. Gotta use fish oil next timehttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/64.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/65.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/66.jpg

but it looks so beautiful now!

MB
6th January 2019, 07:59 PM
Nice work Johnno mate!
Just spent all day too de-salting the poor old family wagon, its gotta be done for sure!
Sprinkler tip from the crew works a treat [emoji106]
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/67.jpg
Shoved the tankers hose in the chassis rails too, heaps came out, even a shell popped out of an underside rail hole (sitting on the exhaust pipe pictured below)
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/68.jpg
Truck wash blue and a heap of hot water hand scrubbing seemed the only way to get it of most areas.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/69.jpg
2 x 425g cans of WD40 throughout every nook & cranny, chassis rails inside and out too and that’s enough for today.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/70.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/71.jpg
Worth every minute I’m sure you’d agree, was a ripper trip, can’t wait for 20/21, thanks everyone again[emoji106][emoji106]
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/72.jpg

Winnie
6th January 2019, 08:02 PM
Yep I've just spent the better part of 4 hours scrubbing under and over the GQ and have not even started cleaning the inside yet.
Next time, fish oil!!

Winnie
6th January 2019, 08:04 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/73.jpg

Rossco
6th January 2019, 08:12 PM
Yep just been scrubb'n and emptied a few cans of WD40 over & under, bloody miracle stuff. . . Found a few very loose bolts in the rear barn doors lol. Might take the roof rack off tomorrow and clean roof & gutters. .

AB
6th January 2019, 08:24 PM
Bloody crazy that salt.

Emptied the car last night and had fountain sprinkler underneath for an hour.

Spent 5 hours today scrubbing and gerni, degreasing, wd40 ing. The wanker chrome grille still slightly stained lol.

MB
6th January 2019, 08:37 PM
What is that cleaner stuff you used above Winnie mate, looks like the go?

Winnie
6th January 2019, 09:00 PM
What is that cleaner stuff you used above Winnie mate, looks like the go?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIt's just CT18 truck wash/degreaser from supercheap but shot from a "snow foam" gun through the Karcher. Can't remember the brand I used, is the same as this but I did not pay that much.
https://snowfoam.com.au/collections/i-own-a-pressure-washer/products/snow-foam-premium-lances

I normally use the CT18 through that gun at a roughly 10:1 ratio with water but this time was 100% straight CT18

MudRunnerTD
6th January 2019, 10:23 PM
Just sat down after unpacking the car and half the trailer. Ill get into the cleaning tomorrow. Note on the Fish Oil, i used it before a trip a few years ago thinking it would be awesome! OMFG!! What a mess. So the fish oil "sets" on your chassis and underside. Looks sweet. Then you hit the beach with the fish oil waxy layer and it gets sand blasted and the sand embeds into the fish oil. It was a Train wreck to try and blow off with the pressure washer. Fish oil after for the win. Fish Oil penetrates the pours of the steel believe it or not and will work great on sand blasted surfaces.

Lanolin spray works great too. WD40 will be great too but now is the perfect time to wash, scrub and Paint with chassis Black or deadener. It will never be cleaner than straight after a Cape Jaffa Trip.

Thanks to All that came and made my time at Cape Jaffa so memorable. Was a Cracking trip.

Next trip booked from 27/12/2020 to 11/01/2021. 16 sites booked. Bring it.

Rossco
6th January 2019, 10:29 PM
Yeah have to agree used fish oil in WA but ended up just using WD in the end. Needs more regular application but do like it a bit better.

Winnie
8th January 2019, 09:21 AM
Patiently waiting for Rossco to upload his photos...
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/97.jpg

Rossco
8th January 2019, 10:05 AM
Patiently waiting for Rossco to upload his photos...
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/01/97.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using TapatalkHAHA, , , yeah getting there . . .

AB
8th January 2019, 06:07 PM
Building the suspense hey Wossco ;)

Rossco
8th January 2019, 06:18 PM
Just sorting photos as we speak. May take a while, got too many [emoji6] . . .

TPC
8th January 2019, 07:32 PM
Just sorting photos as we speak. May take a while, got too many [emoji6] . . .

You done yet?

You done yet?

You done yet?

mudski
8th January 2019, 08:14 PM
Yeah I’m pumped for 2020 already. Was the best crew to go away with.

Rossco
9th January 2019, 09:38 PM
After New Years once our heads had cleared, headed south though Nora Creina. . .

Bit of a fluke - 3 GQ's on the beach . . .

Rossco
9th January 2019, 09:47 PM
Then into the Buggy Park, man I felt like a kid sooo much fun. . .

. . .

Rossco
9th January 2019, 09:59 PM
. . .

Wayneo

. . .

Daz

Paul (Lights)

Rossco
9th January 2019, 10:10 PM
. . .

some more hoon'n . . .

"Up Here" . .

"Back down" . .

Bit of dig'n & push'n we got it back down . .

too much fun
. . .

Woof
9th January 2019, 10:18 PM
Great photos Rossco, well worth the wait mate

Rossco
9th January 2019, 10:28 PM
Back on the beach after lunch . .

Bit of a drop off, the 200 bottomed out a little bit . . .

GQ & highmount to the rescue . .

Bit of track building, then all good.

747 on the beach. .

Air up & quick swim at Beachport .

Winnie
9th January 2019, 10:33 PM
. . .

some more hoon'n . . .

"Up Here" . .

"Back down" . .

Bit of dig'n & push'n we got it back down . .

too much fun
. . .Pics looking awesome mate, this whole post of photos did not work though. Can't see any of them.

Rossco
9th January 2019, 10:41 PM
Next day continued south from Beachport, jumped in with MB for the day and had a blast . .

Only on the beach a few minutes till we hit some soft stuff. . TPC come to a bit of grief bit of digging and all good. .

Absolutely beautiful coastline . .

Then a short beach run, Daz headed off but came to a grief a fair way up and couldn't get out other end either. Bit of digging and Max tracks worked awsome then backed out the whole way . .

. . .

Rossco
9th January 2019, 10:52 PM
. . .

Back on the beach for a bit came across this doozey. With waves coming up to the bank no way worth risking gauntlet run with 8 cars so turned back to head into the dunes again . . .

Coming in off the beach AB was well on the boil made for a pretty impressive drive. .

Stopped for lunch on top of a massive dune looking both ways up the coast, far out what a wicked spot. .

Rossco
9th January 2019, 10:57 PM

Some more massive dunes overlooking lake Bonney

Rossco
9th January 2019, 11:04 PM
Pics looking awesome mate, this whole post of photos did not work though. Can't see any of them.

What's that on, desktop or tapa. On desktop they come up as an attachment then have to click on each one? Not sure why it's done that all others seem to be inline nicely. Seems to be working on tapa on my phone but maybe I'll redo that one.??

Rossco
9th January 2019, 11:11 PM

Disco near Carpenters Rocks that didn't quite make it out. . . Saw quite a lot of wrecks about.

Carpenters Rocks after another big day. Wicked trip thanks to everyone especially Daz for organizing and running it to perfection, had a blast. .