PDA

View Full Version : Safety Recall Y62 wheels 2013 - 2017

MudRunnerTD
25th May 2018, 04:55 PM
Found on face book. Can anyone confirm this??

"Recall on most 2013 - 2017 Patrol wheels. Released today. Apparently a possibility that the material wasn't cured properly coming out the mould. I have 5 new ones on the way after one cracked."

I have seen a few phots of cracked Y62 wheels over the last year. Keen to have this confirmed.

AB
25th May 2018, 06:38 PM
Nothing showing on recall sites mate...

the evil twin
26th May 2018, 11:18 AM
Recall or Service Campaign?
(Big difference and 95% of stuff is a service campaign)

Also it is Nissan and short of mandatory government intervention vis a vis the Air Bags they wouldn't admit a flaw or recall the Titanic for an extra couple of rudders... early ZD30's are a great motor eh.
Look how long it took them to do anything about the bubble dash issue, probably wanted to claim the bubbles were a factory 'easter egg' trim upgrade

MudRunnerTD
26th May 2018, 01:26 PM
Yeah im pretty skeptical giv3n the bubbling dash and the zd30 are both prime examples of Nissan Not owning anything.

8 have quizzed the bloke that posted it and he recjons it onlt happened yesterday. We will see.

nissannewby
3rd June 2018, 02:01 PM
Its a service campaign not a recall.

MudRunnerTD
3rd June 2018, 09:17 PM
nissannewby check your letterbox mate or call nissan and make sure your the listed owner with them.

Looks like Nissan have upped their game.http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/06/54.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

nissannewby
5th June 2018, 05:22 PM
Ours doesnt fall within the vin range.

Night Rider
26th June 2019, 02:50 PM
Hi Guys. I've just taken ownership of a 2013 Y62 Patrol. Just a little bit excited to say the least!! Just wanted to know how to identify if the VIN number of my vehicle has any recalls and in particular to this thread about the alloy wheels.
MudRunnerTD or anyone can you confirm VIN range of vehicles effected?

the evil twin
26th June 2019, 03:57 PM
Hi Guys. I've just taken ownership of a 2013 Y62 Patrol. Just a little bit excited to say the least!! Just wanted to know how to identify if the VIN number of my vehicle has any recalls and in particular to this thread about the alloy wheels.
MudRunnerTD or anyone can you confirm VIN range of vehicles effected?

Call your local Nissan dealer... they'll sort it over the phone in a coupla minutes and if you are in the range they'll be able tell you whether the rims have already been done on your vehicle or not