PDA

View Full Version : GU TD42T conversion to TD42Ti

Digger1953
29th April 2018, 01:04 PM
Hi all I have just purchased a 1999 GU patrol TD42T. I what to put a cross country intercooler with fan on it. I need to know what else I need for a factory conversion. I have a TD42TI injector pump with the throttle position sensor. I will need a replacement No. 1 injector that has the needle sensor, not sure were I can get one from as most are changeover and I only have the STD 0050 Injectors. I think I need other stuff like the ECU, air flow sensor and wiring harness. What else would I need from a GU TD42Ti Patrol. Has anyone done this before and can steer me in the right direction. A diagram of the fuel and electrical control systems would be very helpful. Regards Ken

nissannewby
29th April 2018, 03:11 PM
There is no need for the rest of it if you purely want to use the intercooler from a td42ti? Is that what you want to do? There is no real gain in "converting" it like you describe.

Digger1953
7th May 2018, 03:51 PM
Thanks for your reply. I now have a STD TD42T injector pump and reco injectors, so all good. I will put an intercooler on. I am now looking into a 3007 D-Force Electronic Boost Controller with EGT Sensor and a good tune up. I will let you how it goes. Regards Ken