PDA

View Full Version : Bent window slider

Warnie
13th May 2011, 09:26 AM
Hey guys my electric window does not go up the whole way without a bit of assistance. I have replaced the regulator (which wasn't the problem) and since found that it is actually the window slide is bent. Does anyone know how to fix a bent window slide???

Or where to buy a new one as I have looked around and cannot find one. Manually helping the window up past halfway is becoming both annoying and also dangerous when it starts raining and I am driving.

Cheers Adam

Bigrig
13th May 2011, 09:35 AM
Hey guys my electric window does not go up the whole way without a bit of assistance. I have replaced the regulator (which wasn't the problem) and since found that it is actually the window slide is bent. Does anyone know how to fix a bent window slide???

Or where to buy a new one as I have looked around and cannot find one. Manually helping the window up past halfway is becoming both annoying and also dangerous when it starts raining and I am driving.

Cheers Adam

Try Patrolapart in Melbourne mate - www.Patrolapart.com.au - they have heaps of new and second hand/reconditioned spares.

AB
13th May 2011, 09:39 AM
Yep or try http://hall4x4.com.au/ in Melbourne if they don't have any. Hall4x4 will charge more then Patrolapart though.

Might be worth doing this when you come down to sunny Melbourne mate. :)

Warnie
13th May 2011, 10:10 AM
Yeah I might just wait till I come to melbourne. Are you still keen to take me out for a day and show me the sights of toolangi??? Im no stranger to the kninglake general area (alot of family there), just haven't done any wheeling there.

AB
13th May 2011, 10:26 AM
Yeah I might just wait till I come to melbourne. Are you still keen to take me out for a day and show me the sights of toolangi??? Im no stranger to the kninglake general area (alot of family there), just haven't done any wheeling there.

For sure mate, lock it in!

Warnie
13th May 2011, 10:41 AM
Sweet!!! Let me know wen it suits you, but these are the days I am proposing, weekend days from sat 2/7 to sun 17/7.