PDA

View Full Version : patch697 advise please

dads tractor
11th May 2011, 10:40 PM
5th August 2010 10:12 AM#7

patch697

Super Moderator
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join Date: Jun 2010Location: The Wimmera Western VictoriaPosts: 4,597Thanks: 389Thanked 263 Times in 209 Posts

Originally Posted by dougydoug

been trying to fault find lights issue, seem s to be common prob. no tail lights/ park lights and dash . are these all connected into one relay?? or is the coomon denominator the stalk ?? though it does seem to be in order, any one have solution?? oh do the basics, cleaned tailer plug, all connectors, earths, bulb changes etc.....i knew i shoulda stayed out of those big puddles~! oh its a 96 gq st , sweet divorce gift...
This is common in Patrols & yes I would say its a 90% chance its your headlight switch (stork) but its not the stork itself its a switch in behind & its serviceable.

So what are you DIY skills like ie. could you fit your own car stereo? If the answer is yes than I can talk you through the rest.

Cheers
Paul

G,day Paul just registered tonight and have done a search and the above is thee problem to the tee but u didnt finish on the solution or this jumbie is behind in the puter stakes again any help would be appreciated thanks

Yendor
11th May 2011, 11:17 PM
Have you checked the fuse for the tail lights?, is it blown?

dads tractor
11th May 2011, 11:29 PM
Yeah mate and I believe were up the switch behind the stork as we have gone down the same path as doughydoug . I,m in the process of down loading the manwell and will start the looksee in the stork area tomorrow .

Yendor
11th May 2011, 11:52 PM
No worries mate, it is always good to start with the basics.

Yes the switch is a bit of a common problem.

Some people have reported great success with cleaning the contacts.

Let us know what you find.

Cheers Rodney

dads tractor
16th May 2011, 11:25 PM
up date problems found ;wire rubbed through on front park light circut shorting against guard and when the boys put the k/wood head unit in they piggybacked the dimmer wire for the face so it fed back . but all is beatifull again. thanks rodney

Yendor
18th May 2011, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the update dads tractor.

I glad you got it sorted.

There have been a few people that have come unstuck when fitting a replacement head unit and using the pink with a black trace wire as an earth.

Cheers Rodney