PDA

View Full Version : suggestions

WORTHOS6
10th May 2011, 08:36 PM
hi my fellow nissan owners its been a while but i have been reading rather than posting
the egr valve blocking thread has got me thinking quite a bit in regards to the logivity of my patrol engine
i am getting some oil spots on my intercooler & i have decided the only way i am going to get this engine to last is sort the heat issues out.
can anybody send me a pic on where the egr valve is on the 3.0ltr ddi engine oin the GU111V & some feed back on this set up i have in mind would be great
i am going down the path of blocking the valve, installing a catch can. 3" dump pipe, thermo fan on intercooler & a no limit chip. also later a 3" exhaust system
i think the only worry after this will be overboosting,your thoughts please guys

Bigrig
10th May 2011, 08:40 PM
hi my fellow nissan owners its been a while but i have been reading rather than posting
the egr valve blocking thread has got me thinking quite a bit in regards to the logivity of my patrol engine
i am getting some oil spots on my intercooler & i have decided the only way i am going to get this engine to last is sort the heat issues out.
can anybody send me a pic on where the egr valve is on the 3.0ltr ddi engine oin the GU111V & some feed back on this set up i have in mind would be great
i am going down the path of blocking the valve, installing a catch can. 3" dump pipe, thermo fan on intercooler & a no limit chip. also later a 3" exhaust system
i think the only worry after this will be overboosting,your thoughts please guys

Over to the diesel owners who've done this ...

YNOT
10th May 2011, 10:00 PM
Have you installed boost and exhaust temp gauges? If not, fit them before you do anything else.
If you do all those mods you will need a dawes and needle valve set up to control boost.

Tony

big_fletch
10th May 2011, 10:06 PM
Second Tonys post, fit the boost and pyro gauges before doing any mods so you know what the engine is doing and it will also help identify any issues

Fletcha

WORTHOS6
11th May 2011, 08:13 PM
Hi Tony thanks for the reply mate
i have not purchased the gauges as yet but yes it will be the fist thing i do hopefully in the next week
i am not 100% on the dawes & needle valve as iam not really up to date with them.
with these valves do you have to constaly monitor & adjust or does the valve sort out boost automaticly

WORTHOS6
11th May 2011, 08:19 PM
hi big Fletch
yeh mate everything i am reading in regards to this is to fit these before i do anything
as allways trying to find someone to do it is the big task these days
being a auto sparky would would you think this should cost just to fit

YNOT
11th May 2011, 09:23 PM
Hi Tony thanks for the reply mate
i have not purchased the gauges as yet but yes it will be the fist thing i do hopefully in the next week
i am not 100% on the dawes & needle valve as iam not really up to date with them.
with these valves do you have to constaly monitor & adjust or does the valve sort out boost automaticly

There is some mucking around getting the valves adjusted to get the right boost and spool rate but once it's set you just leave them.

Tony

WORTHOS6
12th May 2011, 05:42 PM
thanks again Tony