PDA

View Full Version : North QLD 4WD parks/tracks

Alexander Supertramp
30th January 2018, 02:08 PM
Hey guys.

Long time reader, first time poster haha.

Anyone know of a 4WD park or some awesome rough tracks around the Townsville area?

Just purchased a GQ shorty and haven't had a 4WD for quite a few years. Going to look for the old tracks only to find houses everywhere and tracks closed off etc.

Thanks.

Kevrana
30th January 2018, 06:12 PM
Hey mate, I don’t know of any tracks near Townsville but I too would be interested to know of some for next time we come down from Cairns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MB
30th January 2018, 06:59 PM
Welcome aboard Alexander mate!
Used to really enjoy barging to & fro across to Maggy Island for a fish across at West Point looking back. No doubt it’s all changed these days for 2WD every bloke and his dogs access mate?

garett
30th January 2018, 07:07 PM
i know a couple places around mackay..

Avo
30th January 2018, 11:10 PM
Hey mate, I don’t know of any tracks near Townsville but I too would be interested to know of some for next time we come down from Cairns.

my old car resides in cairns,,gq qith wa plates....if ya see it ytell out oi nic,,if he looks all weird thats my mate...(hopefully)lol....check out photo comp..pic there of car....

Hardyards
1st February 2018, 05:12 PM
Hey supertramp,.
You can go to Bluewater and head up Forestry rd, Road turned to dirt and heads uphill supposedly goes to Paluma. I think only motorbikes can make it that far, but you can get 50 km and a couple of creek crossing in. Another area is up Harvey’s range area, around keelbottom Creek. Some good tracks and camping in the area. Just stay out of the military training areas. Ollera creek ( in the dry), rougher track,washouts takes you to the beach. You can go beach driving at Cungulla and good fishing there.
There are a few 4wd clubs around to ask if your new to the area.
Enjoy