PDA

View Full Version : pete's patrol

pete's patrol
8th May 2011, 04:27 PM
HI someone must know the answer to this !
1989 GQ ST roled, 1993 TI body fitted with ST wiring loom, loom is configurd for electrick windows ,but the st only had wind up windows there is a plug in the r/h kick panel 3 wires in it yellow with red stripe , black , white with blue stripe and has a clear rubber boot over it , the plug is black and mail has spaces for 10 pins but only 3 are used , I need to know what is pluged in to this the yellow with red stripe is from pin 4 on the fuse box and is needed for windows can anyone help ?
Peter

Bigrig
8th May 2011, 04:35 PM
HI someone must know the answer to this !
1989 GQ ST roled, 1993 TI body fitted with ST wiring loom, loom is configurd for electrick windows ,but the st only had wind up windows there is a plug in the r/h kick panel 3 wires in it yellow with red stripe , black , white with blue stripe and has a clear rubber boot over it , the plug is black and mail has spaces for 10 pins but only 3 are used , I need to know what is pluged in to this the yellow with red stripe is from pin 4 on the fuse box and is needed for windows can anyone help ?
Peter

Hey mate

There's an auto sparky on the forum who'll no doubt be along at some stage and can assist - someone else may know in the meantime, but hang tight, it's been pretty quiet on here today ... people must be pampering their mums!!!! lol

Finly Owner
8th May 2011, 09:27 PM
I don't have a GQ manual or I would look for you.

Tim

Sir Roofy
8th May 2011, 10:40 PM
hi mate some one will be able to help you out
hang about and join in

Yendor
8th May 2011, 11:55 PM
Hi Peter and welcome to the forum.

It a bit hard to tell but if the yellow with red trace wire is coming from pin 4 from the fuse box then this should connect to the power window relay.

It also looks like you might be missing a white with red trace wire, which supplies battery powder to the power window relay via a circuit breaker and fusible link.

Also if you are running the st body wire harness you may also be missing the wires that connect the other 3 windows to the driver side window switch (if so then the other 3 window will not work).

Hope this helps.

Regards Rodney

pete's patrol
12th May 2011, 07:18 PM
did the 93 ti have a body controle module ?

Yendor
13th May 2011, 06:51 PM
did the 93 ti have a body controle module ?

For the electric windows?

They do have what Nissan call a power window amp, this is mounted in the driver side front door.

The wiring diagram that I have does not show a 10 pin plug, so I am a bit lost with that.

Do you have the power window relay and circuit breaker?, they are mounted in the LHS kick panel (I am guessing that the harness from these may plug into that 10 pin plug).

If you do have the power window relay you can try and supply power to the white with a black trace wire and an earth to the black wire and see if the driver side front window works.