PDA

View Full Version : Blue pools camp ground- Briagolong State Forest

Bacho86
11th January 2018, 02:42 PM
Hey guys has anyone visited or heard anything about Blue pools camp ground @ Briagolong State Forest?

Thinking about trying to get up there for a couple nights with the family in the next couple of months once I can drive again.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Winnie
11th January 2018, 02:51 PM
It gets real busy on public holidays mate but it's a really nice spot. It's accessible year round to any type of vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

happygu
11th January 2018, 04:22 PM
Blue Pool is a great swimming spot, but on a holiday weekend is very busy, as 2wd's can get there.

Camping is OK, as the grass gets trampled down/killed off a lot due to traffic and there are a lot of spots that are on a slight incline, but if it is not busy, then you can get the pick of the spots.

We normally don't camp there, as camping nose to tail is not my idea of a great spot, but it is definitely well worth a look, and if you are lucky enough to find it quiet it would be awesome

Bacho86
11th January 2018, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys, Makes sense it would be popular given its 2wd access.

happygu
12th January 2018, 08:37 AM
Bacho,

If you head in there and it is busy, there is an awesome camp spot a bit further in past Blue Pool where you need a 4wd to cross the creek ..... I think it is off Ridge Track. It drops off Freestone Creek Rd to the left on a bend ... you aren't right at the Pools, but it is much quieter, the camp area is level and we have camped there two Christmas's in a row whilst the Blue Pool was overflowing with tents and used it as a place to unwind for a day or two before heading up into the bush proper.

Bacho86
12th January 2018, 04:32 PM
Bacho,

If you head in there and it is busy, there is an awesome camp spot a bit further in past Blue Pool where you need a 4wd to cross the creek ..... I think it is off Ridge Track. It drops off Freestone Creek Rd to the left on a bend ... you aren't right at the Pools, but it is much quieter, the camp area is level and we have camped there two Christmas's in a row whilst the Blue Pool was overflowing with tents and used it as a place to unwind for a day or two before heading up into the bush proper.

Awesome thanks! Is it a dry camp or near a water source?

happygu
12th January 2018, 08:23 PM
Awesome thanks! Is it a dry camp or near a water source?

Water nearby in Freestone Creek, but not really swimming

lucus30
14th January 2018, 08:37 PM
Always packed when I've been but its a great swimming spot