PDA

View Full Version : Wanted to Buy - Fridge Cover

PeeBee
7th December 2017, 01:39 PM
I have an old 29L Engel fridge and am lending it to my daughter for a trip over Xmas. It will be in the back of a ute, so want a cheapish cover to protect it from the elements and provide a bit of insulation. Anyone got somethng or ideas how to resolve this? I don't need the cover after this trip as the fridge 'lives inside' so to speak.

MB
7th December 2017, 02:11 PM
We’ve got some leftover factory roof R4ish rated lining if you need mate! Its kind of like a flexible Corflute with reflective silver top side and white underneath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PeeBee
7th December 2017, 02:17 PM
We’ve got some leftover factory roof R4ish rated lining if you need mate! Its kind of like a flexible Corflute with reflective silver top side and white underneath.

Is it stiff-ish and could I cut and maybe fastener it together with cable ties on the corners to form the 4 sides and perhaps a lid as well? They can always put an okkie strap over the top to secure perhaps? Do you have a photo of what it looks like - will it absorb water?

MB
7th December 2017, 02:27 PM
All good for all the above! We have double sided velcro tape too back there.

PeeBee
7th December 2017, 03:06 PM
OK, I will get some more details about how/where they are going to store the fridge and come back to you. Thanks Mark.