PDA

View Full Version : Tasmania 4wd

Cuppa
25th November 2017, 01:52 PM
A request to any of the Tassie members or anyone else with knowledge of the place.

I'm looking for recommendations for info/maps which will help MrsTea & I to explore Tassie's 'off the beaten' tracks. Not looking for the real hard hardcore' challenges, but rather tracks which we can drag the Tvan along to some of less frequented spots, to camp, watch wildlife & soak up the views & the serenity.

We will be touring around Tassie, from December through to mid March, and are open to any 'must not miss' recommendations, as well as being particularly keen on finding some of the less busy spots during the January holiday period.

If you have any suggestions for somewhere to camp over Christmas within walking distance of a pub that does a Christmas lunch that would be the icing on the cake! :)

Thanks
Cuppa

jay see
25th November 2017, 08:45 PM
Hey Cuppa

I would recommend this while on your travels.
http://www.thewalltasmania.com/

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

pearcey
25th November 2017, 08:57 PM

Gps tracking of my 3.5 months there, June to Oct this year.
Draged my van on all but about 3, on the west coast.
Not all tracks on there, but Tassie will be very easy with your set up.
Good book to get is 4 WD track in Tas by Chris Boden.

Must see " the Wall" at Derwent Bridge
Lunch at Richardsons Harley Davidson Launceston.
50`s cafe in Deloraine
It will be crowed down there at that time of year but there are plenty of free camps all over the island
Hope you guys have a great time.

Cuppa
26th November 2017, 08:14 AM
Thanks jaysee, without exception, everyone we've spoken to has told us the Wallis a must see, sounds pretty special & we're looking forward to checking it out.

Thanks Pearcey, looks like you covered the place pretty comprehensively, dunno if we'll match you, but we may give it a try ..... unless we find ourselves relaxing too much! Will definitely get the book, but will have to look for it once we get over there now as we've left it too late to buy online.