PDA

View Full Version : Blowing Hoses off the intercooler.

Nizzo
16th July 2010, 05:08 PM
Hi All,

My GU 3lt is just constantly blowing the hoses off the intercooler on both sides (in and outlets).

I have noticed my power dropping off a bit too lately does anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

Not sure what other information I can give you guys.

If you need more info then please just yell out.

Thanks for any help!

patch697
16th July 2010, 08:16 PM
G/day mate can you tell us what you've tried to do to stop it so far?

Saves us all hashing over old chit

Cheers
Paul

Nizzo
16th July 2010, 08:39 PM
nothing I'm afraid, I'm not the greatest problem solver and I'll be honest, not even sure where to start,,,haha

I was just hoping someone on here as experienced this before and had an idea why it was happening or possibly a solution.

Thanks mate.

YNOT
16th July 2010, 08:48 PM
If it's only just started happening, it could be caused by over boosting. I would be getting boost and pyro gauges fitted as soon as possible-they won't fix the problem, but they will give you an idea of what is going on and make it a lot easier for us to help you.

Tony

Nizzo
16th July 2010, 08:55 PM
If it's only just started happening, it could be caused by over boosting. I would be getting boost and pyro gauges fitted as soon as possible-they won't fix the problem, but they will give you an idea of what is going on and make it a lot easier for us to help you.

Tony

Very good call, thanks Tony and yes it's only starting happening recently, last couple of weeks.

Ill get on to it and let you guys know.

Cheers

Ducks
11th August 2010, 05:37 AM
Hi guys as per a pevious post,
I would probably look at checking your MAF Sensor just in case its gone faulty and remove it and clean with CRC Maf sensor cleaner.
When you reinstall it you will need to disconnect your battery for an hour so the ECU can relearn the Maf settings.

When they get build up on them they can give you all sorts of problems ,1 being loss of power and causing over boost spikes with the dreaded limp mode fault.
At the very worst you could be overfueling your engine and risk doing damage if you continue to drive it hard.

Give it a clean and hopefully It should drive like new again....
cheers

Pootrazza
28th September 2010, 06:56 PM
blowing off turbo pipes is a sign she might be about to blowww, install dawes and needles valves and get that boost down

TOECUTTER
29th September 2010, 07:32 PM
Hi guys as per a pevious post,
I would probably look at checking your MAF Sensor just in case its gone faulty and remove it and clean with CRC Maf sensor cleaner.
When you reinstall it you will need to disconnect your battery for an hour so the ECU can relearn the Maf settings.

When they get build up on them they can give you all sorts of problems ,1 being loss of power and causing over boost spikes with the dreaded limp mode fault.
At the very worst you could be overfueling your engine and risk doing damage if you continue to drive it hard.

Give it a clean and hopefully It should drive like new again....
cheers

X2 on this one. I had my IC pipe blow off about three years ago. Did a little research and replaced the MAF...viola fixed the problem of over boost etc. You can try and clean the MAF, which is mostly successful, but for the dollars I would buy a new one and clean and keep the old one as a spare.

I would definitely not let this go one for too long.

As far as the Dawes Valve is concerned, this may fix the overboost problem, but there is a far more important issue involved here that needs to be rectified first. You will be suprised how much difference replacing the MAF will make.

NIZZBITS
5th October 2010, 10:09 PM
Nissan did have a production modification where they changed the clamps on the hoses to a different type at one stage but I have heard of this where the vehicle is producing constant boost (no regulation) or large boost spikes.
Could be something like a MAF (check voltages) or even the vacuum plumbing being buggered up. Often happens when people fit a snorkel or dual battery and get the vac lines plumbed wrong. Need a boost guage really to see what boost is doing and if it is what is making them blow off.

maysy1
10th October 2010, 01:27 PM
Overboost mate. Fix by
1 clean maf with the correct maf cleaner available at reputable auto shops
2 fit boost and pyro gauges
3 install dawes valve and limit boost to no more than 10psi at 2000rpms and 15-16psi at fulltilt or 3600 rpms
4 fit catch can to provide protection to maf filthing up again
5 enjoy your new truck as she willdrive like new again, especially if you block the egr and fit a larger dumppipe and free flow exhaust.

OVER.THE.HILL
14th October 2010, 07:44 PM
As above and while your at it remove intercooler and give it a cleanout,
rinse it out with turps.
you may need to rinse 3 or 4 times to remove all the gunge from inside it ,when it is clean flush with water, fresh not bore.
then dry out compleatly before re-installing, a ladies hair dryer is good.
do the hoses to.
ps. take care not to damage the outside fins.

Neesmo31
28th October 2010, 10:25 AM
If its not any other problem, nice good quality Tbolt clamps, get the pipe seamed on the end, or roll grooved.