PDA

View Full Version : Windscreen Camera Holder

Clunk
5th May 2011, 04:02 PM
Just found this, look like it may do the trick for all you guys who like to take pics and vids on the move.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/CAR-WINDSHIELD-WINDOW-SUCTION-VIDEO-CAMERA-MOUNT-HOLDER-/160474280509?pt=AU_Video_Cam_Accessories&hash=item255d03323d

Bigrig
5th May 2011, 04:17 PM
Good idea, but you have to wonder how much it would vibrate when on the move ... look like that old video of Bigfoot!!!! LOL

Bob
5th May 2011, 04:18 PM
Cool Thanks for the Link

Clunk
5th May 2011, 04:20 PM
Good idea, but you have to wonder how much it would vibrate when on the move ... look like that old video of Bigfoot!!!! LOL

can't be any worse than me holding the camera hahahahahahaha. But I think for $25 inc postage it might be worth a go.

AB
5th May 2011, 04:29 PM
I reckon that will shake around a bit mate...My brother has a similar mechanism and it's horrible.

You need less moving parts and be one with the car...lol

You almost need just an L bracket mounted off the dash with a phone holder on the bracket only....no parts and other elbows, joins, etc to vibrate.

Clunk
5th May 2011, 04:33 PM
I reckon that will shake around a bit mate...My brother has a similar mechanism and it's horrible.

You almost need just an L bracket mounted off the dash with a phone holder on the bracket only....no parts and other elbows, joins, etc to vibrate.

ahhh nuts.............. just thought it might be a good idea, what with the quick release window sucker, would have made life easier that having to unscrew the camera from a more solid attachment on the dash. Can definitely see where you're coming from though mate, cheers.

Bob
5th May 2011, 04:36 PM

It is not that expensive and I will buy one and test it out. Wont be a Drama if it does not Work. Can see where you are all coming from though.

AB
5th May 2011, 04:39 PM
It is not that expensive and I will buy one and test it out. Wont be a Drama if it does not Work. Can see where you are all coming from though.

Water proof video camera with a base mount that is screwed into your bullbar using nutserts would be awesome!!!

Bob
5th May 2011, 04:40 PM
Water proof video camera with a base mount that is screwed into your bullbar using nutserts would be awesome!!!

That would produce some bloody good Vids LOL

Bigrig
5th May 2011, 04:59 PM
can't be any worse than me holding the camera hahahahahahaha. But I think for $25 inc postage it might be worth a go.

Too right - price is good ... I might pick one up to use at Landcruiser - that would be a bloody good test!!!

Bigrig
5th May 2011, 05:01 PM

I still have that bloody camera sitting in the garage - might be the weekend for fitting this week me thinks!! If not, I'll look into the holder as stated.

Clunk
5th May 2011, 05:20 PM
yeah I'm gonna take the plunge, can't seem to find anything else at the mo.

Clunk
5th May 2011, 05:23 PM
I still have that bloody camera sitting in the garage - might be the weekend for fitting this week me thinks!! If not, I'll look into the holder as stated.

was that that little reversing camera thingy, that you were gonna see if it would connect to a drive of some sort????

Bigrig
5th May 2011, 05:25 PM
was that that little reversing camera thingy, that you were gonna see if it would connect to a drive of some sort????

That's the one boss ...

Clunk
5th May 2011, 05:40 PM
That's the one boss ...

I totally forgot to hound you about that!!!!!!!! hahahahahahah.......................... is it done yet????? pml

Bigrig
5th May 2011, 05:56 PM
I totally forgot to hound you about that!!!!!!!! hahahahahahah.......................... is it done yet????? pml

Nearly done - well, the hardest part anyway ... deciding to do it!!! LOL!!

Clunk
5th May 2011, 05:58 PM
Nearly done - well, the hardest part anyway ... deciding to do it!!! LOL!!

aye that's gotta be even harder with out a beer!!!! lol

nowoolies
6th May 2011, 01:06 AM
have to get Mike xlr8 to put up a pic of his camera holder up here
he nicked some meccano off his son and what a job
holds the camera great
about $2.00 worth of meccano
p:s ......sorry bout bobbing you in Mike , hahahahaha

Clunk
6th May 2011, 01:12 AM
have to get Mike xlr8 to put up a pic of his camera holder up here
he nicked some meccano off his son and what a job
holds the camera great
about $2.00 worth of meccano
p:s ......sorry bout bobbing you in Mike , hahahahaha

aye that was a cracking idea but it was more of a permanent fixture if i remember rightly. Might have to try a cross between this suction unit and Mikes meccano.

frenzy
7th May 2011, 07:17 PM
My windscreen mounted iphone holder was vibrating and carrying on so I adjusted superglued all of the joints. She's solid now!

That mount looks good. Let us know how you go.

Cheers,

Steve

Nissan Kid
7th May 2011, 09:47 PM
Just go with a GO Pro.......Youll never look back :)

Clunk
7th May 2011, 10:04 PM
Just go with a GO Pro.......Youll never look back :)

yep I like that idea but it's a little bit pricier than $26 lol

http://gopro.com/cameras/hd-motorsports-hero-camera/

jman69
30th June 2012, 08:16 PM
If you could place the holder down low on the wind screen the camera could be held in place with the mount, but rest the camera itself on the dash it would keep any vibrations to a minimum. Just a thought?

threedogs
30th June 2012, 08:30 PM
I have one of those sd card video recorders that sticks to the windscreen ,no vibration at all, pixels could be higher though

Trolatron
30th June 2012, 11:05 PM
I made a stainless steel brecket which is almost just 2 flat plates one screws to the top of my dash pod the other fixes to the camera then one slides into the other and nipped down with a fancy nut.
I put the camera in sports mode which helps make it a smooth shot almost to smooth sometimes it does not show just how rough the track realy is.

Oh and you gota keep that windscreen clean or it focuses on the dust on the screen

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk121/Bendero7/RAY%204X4/IMAG0012.jpg

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk121/Bendero7/RAY%204X4/IMAG0011.jpg

davesnissanpatrol
7th July 2012, 12:34 PM
Looks like a top idea Clunk, I am one of those people who likes to take pics and videos on the move, at the moment I am using a camera which does both, though not as good quality as your average camera it does what I need

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Road-Eye-Car-Vehical-Camera-Video-Recorder-monitor-/300608645165?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item45fdabe82d

under $40 and works great, I have had it for about 12 months now, just had to but an SD card for it, I use a 4 Gig one and it turns on as soon as you put power to the cig lighter and records video for 1 hour on the 4gig card, then it starts to record over the video, it takes them in 5 to 15 minute sizes and records over the oldest one first.

davesnissanpatrol
7th July 2012, 12:40 PM
Yep have one too, I use it on road as well, great for looking back over if anything nasty happens

threedogs
7th July 2012, 12:42 PM
Yeah mines the same, 5 min sections,then records over the oldest one, its also has night vision and pir, meaning anyone walks near my truck it activates and records, but great for recording tracks

gunning1987
25th February 2013, 05:59 PM
Why not just buy a go pro?

MudRunnerTD
25th February 2013, 06:23 PM

This thread is 2 years old and the GoPro was not very common. Amazing what Six months does! Wish I owned GoPro after the revolution of this last year.

GoPro have boomed in recent times and were on 4 week back order at Christmas.

threedogs
25th February 2013, 06:36 PM
I'm happy with my DVR, Gropro will come down in price soon I hope
Read somewhere Krogan do a cheaper version, whatever floats your boat

Clunk
25th February 2013, 08:37 PM

Wow old thread.............

Big difference between the cost of a holder and a gopro

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....