PDA

View Full Version : AC Vent control !!

Tip12345
23rd October 2017, 01:51 PM
well what a right bugger of a thing !!!
I have removed the radio and Console !
removed the screws in the knob unit But cant get it out from the dash
What am I missing ? I can see the cable that need some attention .but cant persuade the dam thing to come out .
I am not enjoying the patrol experience ... GU 2005 4.2 turbo job . please Help !!!

Tip12345
27th October 2017, 03:40 PM
well there has to be someone who has had one out somewhere surely

Hodge
27th October 2017, 04:02 PM
It should just come out mate.
Remove radio surround and fascia .
Remove the trim plastic from around the gear stick and i think its 2 screws from there it slides out.

I may have photos from when i done mine. But im 12 hours from home and my car so ... cant help yet.

Sent from Note 5 using TapaPro

Tip12345
27th October 2017, 11:39 PM
Thanks I will have another go . I have a control board for the transfer pump I think . I need to disconnect . I can't get the plug to work .... I can see a bent cable at the control end . I thought that after the clutch replacement it would be easy .. will have another go and get some pictures . Thanks to all

Tip12345
1st February 2018, 10:18 PM
bump still stuck!!

Avo
1st February 2018, 11:00 PM
smash it with a fucking big hammer...you are one patient person i'll give ya that..

Tip12345
2nd February 2018, 08:59 AM
Yes I can see the dam bent cable but can I get the bugger of a thing out !!!
I have done heaps of work on the beast from hell And this has to be the most frustrating thing so far .
I cant get the electrical connection apart on the Tank relay box . and cant get the control out from behind the dash its loose . I am thinking of taking the glove box out next ...
I am taking time off and fitting the 3" exhaust and new intercooler . I do all my own maintenance and the factory piece of crap has to go . After some time on the dyno with some temp sensors.
I found it was just better than useless ! so in with an out front cooler . I just about have all the bits made .

the evil twin
2nd February 2018, 11:18 AM
I almost always drop the glove box out when working up in that area... a few screws and 2 minutes and a lot less angst.

The eleccy connector on the Sub Tank Computer is a PIA if you don't squeeze it in the right place to 'release' the lock.

The vent controller is just a PIA