PDA

View Full Version : Kings Canyon to Palm Valley

snicko
4th May 2011, 05:34 PM
Hi, some pictures from when we last went tour camping. JUNE 2010. The dirt (mud) road was the loop from Kings Canyon to Palm Valley. (NT) We asked at the Kios before we left what the road condition was and they said just watch out for the pot holes.........OMG... (Pot holes would have been good) that stretch of road took us 5 hours to do!! We jack knived the camper 4 times.. lucky we have electric brakes on the camper as each time it tried to kiss the car the passanger activated the camper brakes. (we both drove) The driver was too busy keeping the truck on the road. The friends we went with ended up slipping off the road into a ditch but got out by themselves!!! We both had to top our washer bottles up twice!! We found another brand of car bogged in the Finke which we snatched out!!! Go the Patrol. Gave our rig a Finke under body car wash. The camping was excellent, a great time had by all. We are still finding red mud every time we wash the truck but it was all worth it. My favourate saying is "If I did'nt want to get it dirty/scratched than I would have bought a Commodore!!. (I love V8's)

growler2058
4th May 2011, 05:37 PM
That looks heaps of fun

katwoman
4th May 2011, 05:37 PM
Nice pics, but I'd cry getting Katrol that dirty !! Hope it was dry where you camped.

Bigrig
4th May 2011, 05:44 PM
Snicko, you're fast becoming the forum Tour Guide ... LOL ... seriously great pictures yet again, and what a ball it would have been.

snicko
4th May 2011, 05:44 PM
Nice pics, but I'd cry getting Katrol that dirty !! Hope it was dry where you camped.

The inside of the camper was dry................... can't say that about the rest of us!!!!!!!!

stevsr31
4th May 2011, 05:53 PM
Hi great shots a lot wetter than when I did the same run looks like fun :) as you can see from my shot it was dusty

snicko
4th May 2011, 05:59 PM
Hi great shots a lot wetter than when I did the same run looks like fun :) as you can see from my shot it was dusty

Yeah we have to now go back and get some pics of the dust!!!

GUtsy ute
4th May 2011, 06:08 PM
It's seeing shots like these that make me want to go bush again and again.
Keep them coming Snicko, they are great!!
Cheers

snicko
4th May 2011, 06:20 PM
It's seeing shots like these that make me want to go bush again and again.
Keep them coming Snicko, they are great!!
Cheers
I have a few more but wont hog the photo section.

growler2058
4th May 2011, 06:25 PM

Chuck em up mate

katwoman
4th May 2011, 06:28 PM

Be a hog. Be a hog. At least I get to see what GU's can do !!

Bigrig
4th May 2011, 06:28 PM

Hog away mate - that's what it's there for!!

GUtsy ute
4th May 2011, 06:29 PM

Snicko, it's your thread, post as many as you want!!

snicko
4th May 2011, 06:48 PM
4bee at the beach..........

Bob
4th May 2011, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the pics mate. put up as many as you like as we love our pics.

snicko
4th May 2011, 07:38 PM
4bee Playing in the sand.

Training day with 4WD Club at Pt Gibbon 2010.

AB
4th May 2011, 08:32 PM
Great pics mate, brings back some memories!!!

Sir Roofy
4th May 2011, 08:55 PM
excellent more please kat loves,m so do the rest of them

nowoolies
6th May 2011, 01:10 AM
more the merrier
get em up so far the pic`s are great

Clunk
6th May 2011, 01:19 AM
great pics snicko, keep em coming

Silver
6th May 2011, 01:25 AM
nice work!

Lift Um Foot :-)

MudRunnerTD
7th May 2011, 03:05 PM
He mate, nice pics, i did the same trip in September 2010. It was not much better than when you went. Infact we were the first cars through that loop in over a month when we went through. So much water.

Water was up over the bonnet getting into Palm Valley and we could not get into Boggy Hole as it had been closed for more than a month, went to the cop shop in Hermansburg and they called in to Boggy Hole store but they said there was no joy.

The road fromChambers Pillar into Mt Dare was a slog too. LOOOONG sections of just water and ruts. power on, suck it and see. GU IV did great.

http://nissanpatrol.com.au/images/GU%20IV/62125_436108629925_544284925_5373034_6153796_n.jpg

snicko
7th May 2011, 05:00 PM
He mate, nice pics, i did the same trip in September 2010. It was not much better than when you went. Infact we were the first cars through that loop in over a month when we went through. So much water.

Water was up over the bonnet getting into Palm Valley and we could not get into Boggy Hole as it had been closed for more than a month, went to the cop shop in Hermansburg and they called in to Boggy Hole store but they said there was no joy.

The road fromChambers Pillar into Mt Dare was a slog too. LOOOONG sections of just water and ruts. power on, suck it and see. GU IV did great.

http://nissanpatrol.com.au/images/GU%20IV/62125_436108629925_544284925_5373034_6153796_n.jpg

My 4bee has a twin........!!!!
So the mud lasted for ages then as we went through in June and you did it in Sept!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Palm Valley was the same, water over the bonnet, (great fun!) we stayed two nights and we heard two days after we left they closed Palm Valley!!!
We did'nt go any further as we had to come home.
Great to hear from some who was there!! GU's rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!