PDA

View Full Version : plastic welding

hekarewe
4th May 2011, 12:49 PM
this for those of us who have the factory flares on our sexy GU's,,,,, whats the first casualty of 4wding for us yup the plastic flares!!!

some good news i have located a guy who not only does plastic welding,,,,, but also does it on site. he will be around tomorrow morning to fix my boo boo on my flare, so will give you the verdict on his work tomorrow. quoted me over the phone to weld the bracket back onto the inside of the flare $50.00 woo hoo.

in the mean time here is his business name and mobil number TRIM TECH 0401 186 155 just incase you are looking for one of these.:icon_victory:

patch697
4th May 2011, 12:52 PM
Cheers Bloke & I'll look forward to your job report.

AB
4th May 2011, 12:53 PM
Great price!!!

hekarewe
4th May 2011, 01:14 PM
your there bloke great price cant wait to see his work,,

Bigrig
4th May 2011, 02:13 PM
Definitely let us know how this goes - I've just put my drivers side rear flare back on after tearing it off at Ripley!! And it's sure to be as high quality as this guy!!!! LOL ... Not!!!

patch697
4th May 2011, 02:30 PM
Definitely let us know how this goes - I've just put my drivers side rear flare back on after tearing it off at Ripley!! And it's sure to be as high quality as this guy!!!! LOL ... Not!!!

Have more faith brother, beside.....You'll only rip it off again......... lol

Bigrig
4th May 2011, 02:40 PM
Have more faith brother, beside.....You'll only rip it off again......... lol

Correct sir!!! lol

hekarewe
5th May 2011, 10:59 AM
ok guys here it is the verdict on mr trim tech's work by the way his name is drew,,,,,, he was late but did give me a curtisie call before he was due so i was not left tapping my foot and he did turn up on his second eta

as we all know this is common injury for patrols so he has done a lot of them. He said that because it was the flare and out of sight he go for strienght rather then beauty and built up the bases of the brackets inside the flare and repaired the 2 broken ones. and quote "now when you hit your flare it wont tear the flare of it will tear of the whole door" :bananarock: the work he did was quick and solid stuck by his quote! i would deffenatly recomend him!!!

he also does professional photographie off cars etc and show me a proof sheet of the shoot he did the other night a couple of ute looked very flash and stylish.

his details again are

Drew

trim tech

0401 186 155

hope he can help someone on here out,,,

Bigrig
5th May 2011, 11:02 AM
Glad its sorted mate ...

hekarewe
5th May 2011, 11:06 AM
so am i just ordered clip set on line ex patrolaparts so when they and the lights and the egr blocking plate arr it will be a working b on the troll and then beers!!!! oooops dam water for me :(

patch697
5th May 2011, 11:08 AM
Makes me think I should be in QLD??????............. Nah its bad enough you lot have to put up with me here.................lol

frenzy
6th May 2011, 12:15 AM
Broken tail light and a flare ripped off..... sounds like a good weekend!

hekarewe
6th May 2011, 08:54 AM
Broken tail light and a flare ripped off..... sounds like a good weekend!

just a day trip!!!!! you dont want to know what do for a weekend!!!!