PDA

View Full Version : broken blank tail light lens

hekarewe
4th May 2011, 12:43 PM
had a wee mishap on a recent trip to the glass house mountians and had a broken lens on the back of the gu. after not having much in the way of luck find a lens for it i rang nissan who then told me they only sell them in kit form (lens and body) for $225.00 plus Get Stuffed Tax and over night ex melbourn!!!

found this group on the sun shine coast call carsrus http://www.carsrus.com.au/ for under $140.00 i can get both left and right light bodies with globes (3 in each) and the wiring harness!!!!!! told the nissan deeler this and got a DILLIGAF response from them. am i supprised NO pissed off YES!!!

so will be ordering with free delivery from carsrus.com.au now for the next problem when i do this i have to fit it myself :animierte-smilies-f the prob with that is when i touch electrics sh&(%^t burns down,,,,, no not joking so is there anyone handy who would be able to give me a hand with this so that i dont burn my car...

patch697
4th May 2011, 12:50 PM
I can't help ya mate im from Vic but thanks for the like, im sure it will come in handy.

hekarewe
4th May 2011, 01:13 PM
Thanks anyways patch697

YNOT
4th May 2011, 01:43 PM
I may be able to help.

Tony

hekarewe
4th May 2011, 06:40 PM
I may be able to help.

Tony

i will hold you to it tony soon as it gets here LOL rego is coming so needs to be done asap LOL nothing like leaving it to the last moment... LOL

YNOT
4th May 2011, 07:12 PM
You don't need a roadworthy to renew rego in QLD but let me know when you're ready. I'm going to be out of town for a few days next week.

Tony

Yendor
4th May 2011, 07:20 PM
hekarewe,

I am just around the corner from you and I am more then happy to help.

Rodney

Finly Owner
4th May 2011, 11:00 PM
I too can help you if the others are not available at the time.

Tim

hekarewe
5th May 2011, 08:41 AM
You don't need a roadworthy to renew rego in QLD but let me know when you're ready. I'm going to be out of town for a few days next week.

Tony

you do need a road worthy when changing from NSW rego to QLD,,,,,, or did you forget i am one of the invaiding southerners LOL

Bigrig
5th May 2011, 09:54 AM
you do need a road worthy when changing from NSW rego to QLD,,,,,, or did you forget i am one of the invaiding southerners LOL

How could we forget!! LOL!!

hekarewe
5th May 2011, 10:37 AM
How could we forget!! LOL!!

well some one did!!!! roflmao

MudRunnerTD
5th May 2011, 06:44 PM
Bloody Queenslanders looking out for each other!!!! Fair Dinkum guys.....it's just not cricket!.

Nah good job there. nice work.

frenzy
5th May 2011, 11:39 PM
I feel your pain! I broke my rear bumper LH tail light lens over Easter as well. $170 odd quote from Nissan! I need to more careful when doing 3 point turns in the bush. Am looking for something from a wreckers now...

Thanks for the link. I was looking at wiring up my "claytons" tail lights sometime.

There's a good how to thread on this here:
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?2452-GU-Christmas-Tree&p=54635#post54635

Cheers,

Steve

brettj64
6th May 2011, 01:47 AM
Hey mate if you get stuck I am in Booval not far away I am actually a tradesman electrician & have built various custom wiring looms for show harleys & cars. Also modified various comodore wiring for aftermarket ecu computer etc been doing auto wiring for about 20 yrs.
let me know if you need the help if you don't mind a land cruiser owner working on it lol

hekarewe
6th May 2011, 09:12 AM
Bloody Queenslanders looking out for each other!!!! Fair Dinkum guys.....it's just not cricket!.

just like kissing cousens we are always watching each others backs :)

cheek to cheek back to back with our backs against the wall ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:animierte-smilies-f

Nah good job there. nice work.:animierte-smilies-f:animierte-smilies-f:animierte-smilies-f:animierte-smilies-f

MudRunnerTD
6th May 2011, 10:16 AM
^^^^^ LMAO ^^^^^

A bit of creative writing happening in the "Quote" i reckon ;)

Just not MY Creative Writing ;)

hekarewe
7th May 2011, 12:28 PM
^^^^^ LMAO ^^^^^

A bit of creative writing happening in the "Quote" i reckon ;)

Just not MY Creative Writing ;)

yup that was clever i wish i knew how the hell i did that because i have no idea didnt even know i had until you pointed it out LOL

hekarewe
7th May 2011, 12:34 PM
well now just a wee up date,,,, ordered the light kits on thursday the 5/5/11 had a card from aust post to pick the box on friday 6/5/11 (was not expecting it till some time next week) nice supprise so raced up to the post office this morning,,, sorry my wife did i was asleep worked last night and they look great cant wait to fit them. happily recomend this mob to anyone

www.carsrus.com.au

Carsrus
1/11 Kelly crt
Maroochydore QLD 4558
07 5443 544

there it is guys use it as you will and hope your as happy as i am with them.

Clunk
7th May 2011, 02:06 PM
nice one mate, some usefull little bits n pieces on that site

hekarewe
11th May 2011, 03:10 PM
pup date on the lights,,,, went over to bretts this morning and with a bit of very professional wiring i now have 5 bnrake lights 4 tail lights 4 indecators and 2 reversing lights!!!!!! looks like a chrissy tree when she is lit up ROFLMAO

hauge thanks to brett for his help and time greatly apprecated. will try and post photos when i get them done

Bigrig
11th May 2011, 03:43 PM
pup date on the lights,,,, went over to bretts this morning and with a bit of very professional wiring i now have 5 bnrake lights 4 tail lights 4 indecators and 2 reversing lights!!!!!! looks like a chrissy tree when she is lit up ROFLMAO

hauge thanks to brett for his help and time greatly apprecated. will try and post photos when i get them done

Good stuff mate!!

the evil twin
11th May 2011, 04:29 PM

Next in line for an Alternator upgrade?... ROFL

Certainly changes the looks doesn't it

hekarewe
12th May 2011, 03:45 AM
Next in line for an Alternator upgrade?... ROFL

Certainly changes the looks doesn't it

alternator upgrade???? hell LED's and a big ass extention cord ROFLMAO

hekarewe
12th May 2011, 08:47 PM
a few photos of what the new lights look like

Chappa
12th May 2011, 10:13 PM
Looks good definitely gotta do this

hekarewe
12th May 2011, 10:18 PM
Looks good definitely gotta do this

the web site you want is www.carsrus.com.au al their details are in one of my earlier post

Clunk
13th May 2011, 12:05 AM
a few photos of what the new lights look like

Well if anyone hit's you up the a*rse, they can never turn round and say they didn't see ya!!!!! lmao................ I like it thought mate, very much

hekarewe
13th May 2011, 07:28 AM
Well if anyone hit's you up the a*rse, they can never turn round and say they didn't see ya!!!!! lmao................ I like it thought mate, very much

and they disappeared under the rear they were heard to be singing "blinded by the light.............."

Clunk
13th May 2011, 11:51 PM
and they disappeared under the rear they were heard to be singing "blinded by the light.............."

hahahahaha ya bloody clown

hekarewe
16th May 2011, 12:20 PM
just a quick closing note on these lights after yesterdays trip up the lockyer,,,,,, standard comment was very easy to see through the dust and could not miss the brake or indecators through the dust...:icon_victory:

GUtsy ute
16th May 2011, 12:32 PM
Nice result all round hekarewe!

Bigrig
16th May 2011, 12:33 PM
Good stuff mate - pick up a new set of tail light assemblies this afternoon and will try to wire them up tonight - hopefully they'll be as bright also!

hekarewe
17th May 2011, 08:48 AM
Good stuff mate - pick up a new set of tail light assemblies this afternoon and will try to wire them up tonight - hopefully they'll be as bright also!

if yours is plug n play as almost was you may need to run some wires across from the left side i took mine under the carpet as there is a crease in the floor panel that runs across near the back door.

brettj64
18th May 2011, 11:15 PM
Hello people just a note to any interested in what we did there is only 2 wires that are in the plug for the D S tail light they are the indicator & the brake light, to add the other wires (reverse parker & the earth) we just conected into the wires on the PS & ran wires across under the carpet to the DS we did this to keep it waterproof as there was no channels running across the vehicle that I could see & get access to & did not want to wire to the lights in the bumper bar for the same reason didn't want to pot holes in the rubber gromets. I didn't write the colours down so I can't tell you which wires were used but it is simple to use a test light to identify the right 1's . To make them fit into the original plug I actually recycled some wiring from another wiring loom that went into a plug that was almost the same & removed the connector ends out of that plug so they could be placed into the original nissan plug so in future it is simple to replace the light & wiring if need be.

Sir Roofy
18th May 2011, 11:45 PM
thanks for that mate