PDA

View Full Version : Oil Pressure Sensor Fit with T Adaptor-Bracket Mod

Bidja
23rd August 2017, 10:35 AM
Info to some. Recently fitted VDO oil pressure "T" adaptor and sender unit in oil sensor port (LHS motor looking from eng front) above starter motor on GU IV. Fitted orig sensor in the end of "T" adaptor and for install needed to modify the cable securing bracket that is positioned at top starter motor fixing bolt.

For those yet to do this mod attached is a couple of pics of the bracket mod that may help.

corbags
22nd June 2019, 01:19 AM
Did you use a mechanical or electronic gauge? Thinking of going this same route but don't know if i want a oil line going into the cab

Bidja
25th June 2019, 07:29 PM
Did you use a mechanical or electronic gauge? Thinking of going this same route but don't know if i want a oil line going into the cab

Used a VDO 12V 1000 kpa Electric 52mm oil pressure gauge and sender, all good 2 yrs now, just need to provide protection (sleeve or split conduit).

The following link may be of use re: install method I adopted to install VDO Tee adaptor and senders.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?40683-GU-CRD-Access-to-Oil-Sensor-(Drivers-Side)-to-install-VDO-quot-T-quot