PDA

View Full Version : Boost Guage Illumination

Zoc
22nd August 2017, 11:03 PM
Ive just installed a Prosport Evo Boost Guage in to my 98 Gu and havent been able to find a place to piggy back a 12v illumination wire from so the colour will change when i put my headlights on. Has anyone used the 12v illumination wire from the stereo as its the only one i havent tried yet due to the large task of removing the facia and stuff.

I tried using the dimmer switch but this created a problem where the guage would work now but i wouldnt have any dash lights. My last resort is to run my own wire from the headlights to act as my own illumination wire. Does anyone have any advice or experience with this?

Deano2506
22nd August 2017, 11:08 PM
I always use ashtray light wires for that... usualy easy to get to

the evil twin
23rd August 2017, 12:00 PM
Don't forget that the Dimmer works by raising earth not reducing the 12 volts supplied to the dash lighting IE the 12 volt supply to the dash lights is constant and as you adjust the dimmer unit it raises earth so the effective voltage across the lights lowers and they therefore dim.

Zoc
23rd August 2017, 07:26 PM
Don't forget that the Dimmer works by raising earth not reducing the 12 volts supplied to the dash lighting IE the 12 volt supply to the dash lights is constant and as you adjust the dimmer unit it raises earth so the effective voltage across the lights lowers and they therefore dim.Oh yes that would make more sense to why it wasn't working

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Zoc
23rd August 2017, 07:35 PM
I always use ashtray light wires for that... usualy easy to get toDidn't even notice the ash tray light as mine doesn't work, I'll have to take a look with the multimeter and see what's the problem, hopefully the positive is in take and that will do perfectly.

Zoc
25th August 2017, 01:44 PM
Had a look at the ash tray light today with a multimeter and there doesn't seem to be any power coming to the plug, is there a fuse or something linked to this?http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/08/234.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/08/235.jpg