PDA

View Full Version : rd 2.8 tdi head

spurty05
2nd May 2011, 11:37 PM
Hi all,does anyone know where to buy a head for a gu 2.8 tdi, new or second hand and do you know what price they are going for,as i have not priced any yet .thanks

colegate98
2nd May 2011, 11:44 PM
hey mate im from perth and i priced one up just 2 weeks ago and i got quoted $1850 new that was i drop my old head off they swap everything over like valves and cam and re set everything and i pick up the new one. the gasket was close to $450 and head bolts around $80, dont know if there would be any difference from here to over east.

hope it helps
ash

the ferret
2nd May 2011, 11:51 PM
How can a friggn head gasket cost $450, that's all I want to know, yeah it's only the profit that makes it expensive, I know.

spurty05
2nd May 2011, 11:53 PM
Hey mate thanks for the reply,do you know if the head is a genuine head or not

colegate98
2nd May 2011, 11:57 PM
i dont think its genuine but the guy i was talking to said hes done alot of the 2.8 head and after that as long as they kept up with the servicing and coolant changes they last a very long time..

ash

Warthog
3rd May 2011, 06:57 AM
If you sign into the international part of ebay, (or just try www.ebay.co.uk) there are 2 guys selling 2.8 heads who will post worldwide, one posts from London (I bought one of these and will be buying another just now.... long story but not the fault of the head, just the D%*KHEAD who was taking it somewhere for me....) the other from UAE or Dubai, they are about GBP400-500 plus shipping, there are head gasket sets on there as well, one cheaper, one more expensive, but they are the same gasket set!
Only thing I am not sure of is the customs costs, so look into it as it might be cheaper after customs have got hold of it to get it locally!!

spurty05
3rd May 2011, 08:03 AM
Hi warthog,i did see the one in uk,but how long did it take to get here,and is the head chinese or genuine.Thanks

Benno7
3rd May 2011, 04:30 PM
hey spurty05, I have a 2.8 head (still on the block) was running good till it did a big end bearing so head should be fine still.
PM me if you are interested.

Warthog
4th May 2011, 03:58 AM
Hi warthog,i did see the one in uk,but how long did it take to get here,and is the head chinese or genuine.Thanks

Not sure how long it would take to get to OZ, took overnight to where I needed it! It was a genuine bare head though and the guy threw in the gaskets.

Major Black
10th May 2011, 08:10 PM
I had to replace the head in my 2.8 earlyer this year. I got a new head, head gasket, VRS kit (good to get as well it has all your other gaskets etc.), new glow plugs, cleaned & tested injectors, new thermostat, every thing swaped over to the new head for around the $2600 mark.