PDA

View Full Version : Playtime (Brisbane southside)

04OFF
2nd May 2011, 10:46 AM
Anyone keen to go for a little play this avo ? (2/5/11)

Nothing to serious , so stocko's are welcome ,thinking about out at Ripley, but open to any suggestions ?

Planning to head off about lunch time.

Bigrig
2nd May 2011, 10:55 AM
Anyone keen to go for a little play this avo ? (2/5/11)

Nothing to serious , so stocko's are welcome ,thinking about out at Ripley, but open to any suggestions ?

Planning to head off about lunch time.

Never been to Ripley - hmmmm ... I'm keen, however one moment please whilst I confer with the minister for finance!

Bigrig
2nd May 2011, 11:05 AM
We're in - me and the missus (she's bringing her Rubicon as she just got a 2.5" lift and wants to test it out). I'll be in Tank of course!!! lol

Never been there so where is it? Or just meet at Ripley town centre and go from there?

jaxt
2nd May 2011, 12:38 PM
what about glider forest?

YNOT
2nd May 2011, 01:12 PM
what about glider forest?

I thought it was fenced off?

Tony

Bigrig
2nd May 2011, 05:13 PM
we had an awesome time - what a great play area!! I'll post up photos and videos tonight!!

Thanks to Steve for suggesting - bloody top bloke and we all had a ball!!

Bigrig
2nd May 2011, 08:31 PM
Just a short video as we were only out there a couple of hours - top spot so close by and I can't wait to get back there and explore around some more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD0nyYP8Umo

growler2058
2nd May 2011, 08:44 PM
Mate that looks like a cool spot did ya play with ur locker and gears

Cadbury
2nd May 2011, 08:45 PM
It looks like a great day out. Where is this place?
Thanks for the video Scotty
Cheers
Tim

Bigrig
2nd May 2011, 08:48 PM
Mate that looks like a cool spot did ya play with ur locker and gears

Gears got used a few times mate - awesome ... only used the locker once when the diff pumpkin got stuck on a hump [in the video]. Stoked with the gears - they make downhill runs like that last one a piece of the proverbial - that hill was bloody steep and I was barely on the brake ...

Bigrig
2nd May 2011, 08:49 PM
It looks like a great day out. Where is this place?
Thanks for the video Scotty
Cheers
Tim

Hey mate

just outside of Ripley on Ripley Road - you turn onto Binnies Road and follow that ... top playground spot and bigger than I thought ...

growler2058
2nd May 2011, 08:50 PM
Gears got used a few times mate - awesome ... only used the locker once when the diff pumpkin got stuck on a hump [in the video]. Stoked with the gears - they make downhill runs like that last one a piece of the proverbial - that hill was bloody steep and I was barely on the brake ...

It did look very smooth and controlled mate

kingy
2nd May 2011, 08:50 PM
Cool vid man looks like you guys and gals had a ball...

Sir Roofy
2nd May 2011, 08:53 PM
well done sunshine those crawlers did the job
thanks for the vid

AB
2nd May 2011, 09:01 PM
Good little sneaky spot guys, great video!

Your loving the video editing arn't you...lol...Getting pretty good at it now!

Bigrig
2nd May 2011, 09:02 PM
Good little sneaky spot guys, great video!

Your loving the video editing arn't you...lol...Getting pretty good at it now!

Haha - don't know about good, but getting quicker at it ...

Bigrig
2nd May 2011, 09:04 PM
It did look very smooth and controlled mate

Yeah - a bit if a slide towards the bottom as it was seriously about 65-70 degrees! Other than that, those gears have been one of, if not the best toys I've put on Tank ... they are simply that good - I'd recommend this as a must to anyone prior to lockers, winches etc as you'll use them far more often, and it makes the job that much easier ... and less scary!!

Cadbury
2nd May 2011, 09:08 PM
Scotty,
What do a set of gear cost?
Cheers
Tim

Dhuck
2nd May 2011, 09:19 PM
Wish I had of come out, but sh!t happens. Next time. Your truck looks as if it handled it alot better and good to see Sandra tackling things now with the lift. Ruby is looking good.

Bigrig
2nd May 2011, 09:22 PM
Scotty,
What do a set of gear cost?
Cheers
Tim

$2000 on the knocker fitted for a set of 85% reduction gears (that included freight).

Bigrig
2nd May 2011, 09:25 PM
Wish I had of come out, but sh!t happens. Next time. Your truck looks as if it handled it alot better and good to see Sandra tackling things now with the lift. Ruby is looking good.

Mate - you would get off the leash out there in your rig - we must've said that about 20 times!!! Some of the hills are absolutely, without a doubt dual lockers, reduction gears ONLY ... We definitely need another day run out there in the coming weeks!!

Sandra did really well - the most extreme she's done to date, and speaking of dates, I reckon she'll be pulling sheepskin fur out of hers for a while to come!! She was well and truly puckered up!!!! LMFAO!!!

growler2058
2nd May 2011, 09:30 PM
Sandra did really well - the most extreme she's done to date, and speaking of dates, I reckon she'll be pulling sheepskin fur out of hers for a while to come!! She was well and truly puckered up!!!! LMFAO!!!

HAHAHHAHHAAHAHAHAAH half the fun is gettin the sphinctometer pinging

Bigrig
2nd May 2011, 09:39 PM
HAHAHHAHHAAHAHAHAAH half the fun is gettin the sphinctometer pinging

It was at about 9.5 on the sphinctometer for her today!!! LOL!! That said, those bloody jeeps are seriously impressive ... crap motors, expensive to own/maintain, terrible visibility all round, but by gees, by jingoes, by crikey, they are capable off road!!!

growler2058
2nd May 2011, 09:54 PM
It was at about 9.5 on the sphinctometer for her today!!! LOL!! That said, those bloody jeeps are seriously impressive ... crap motors, expensive to own/maintain, terrible visibility all round, but by gees, by jingoes, by crikey, they are capable off road!!!

Got a mate with a pretty worked over TJ and came within a whisker of buying a unlimited Rubicon but they dont do it in a diesel and a bit small with all kids and dog woulda been a bit tight

Bigrig
2nd May 2011, 09:57 PM
Got a mate with a pretty worked over TJ and came within a whisker of buying a unlimited Rubicon but they dont do it in a diesel and a bit small with all kids and dog woulda been a bit tight

The missus' is the unlimited Rubicon as it turns out - she has dual lockers, and electronic swaybar disconnects as standard and she hasn't even used them yet!!

hekarewe
3rd May 2011, 01:26 AM
I thought it was fenced off?

Tony

i work right next to it it is fenced of but there are ways into it if you can afford the $3000.00 fine posted on the keep the f&^k out notices around the place,,,,,,, could not help myself had to have a look from what i saw in there you not missing anything

Finly Owner
3rd May 2011, 01:31 AM
They have also dumped piles of dirt in front of Logan Village power lines to close track, it's not working though.

Tim

And i also heard that some of Ormeau is a Gazetted Rd. So unless it has road closed signs itshould be useable as long as you stay to the road. Side tracks are not a Gazetted Rd.

Tim

Bigrig
3rd May 2011, 07:38 AM
You're both talking about Glider Forest I assume?? I'd never even heard of it!! That said, Ripley is open slather, but my concern is the same as below - so many d!ckheads dumping rubbish in there that it will eventually be closed off also - damn shame if it does!

04OFF
3rd May 2011, 10:29 AM
Great Video Scotty !

Thanks for coming out for a play, great to meet you all, i think everyone had fun :p

Bigrig
3rd May 2011, 10:33 AM
Great Video Scotty !

Thanks for coming out for a play, great to meet you all, i think everyone had fun :p

Thanks to you mate for organizing. We all had a ball and just disappointed we couldn't get out for longer!! Definitely heading back out there for some further exploration!!

When will you know if you are able to come to LCMP on the 28th??

04OFF
3rd May 2011, 01:10 PM
When will you know if you are able to come to LCMP on the 28th??

Should be OK Scotty, am pretty keen, just if work pops up i may have to take it thats all.

Bigrig
3rd May 2011, 01:41 PM
Should be OK Scotty, am pretty keen, just if work pops up i may have to take it thats all.

Fully understood mate, but obviously would be great to see you up there!!

Ben-e-boy
6th May 2011, 07:16 PM
They have also dumped piles of dirt in front of Logan Village power lines to close track, it's not working though.

Tim

And i also heard that some of Ormeau is a Gazetted Rd. So unless it has road closed signs itshould be useable as long as you stay to the road. Side tracks are not a Gazetted Rd.

Tim

Correct the track that goes from the water towers all the way to upper ormeau road ( the perimeter loop I call it) is a public road. The tea cup and area 51 which are down in the valley is a no go zone according to the plod

Ben-e-boy
6th May 2011, 07:19 PM
I'll be in beenleigh sunday and I'm keen for a play never been there before if anyone is keen for a couple of hours let me know

Bigrig
6th May 2011, 07:30 PM
I'll be in beenleigh sunday and I'm keen for a play never been there before if anyone is keen for a couple of hours let me know

We should be right, but I'll let you know.

Finly Owner
6th May 2011, 10:17 PM
Guys I'm working, but can I suggest you head to Ormeau from Cedar Ck side, and go up Shaws Pocket Rd, when the bitumen stops, keep going straight forward onto track that leads up beside house, and keep following your nose. It's up and down dale and around some bens and creek crosing(shallow as), and takes you through to meet Upper Ormeau Rd. This is a Gazetted Rd.

Tim

Bigrig
6th May 2011, 10:23 PM
Guys I'm working, but can I suggest you head to Ormeau from Cedar Ck side, and go up Shaws Pocket Rd, when the bitumen stops, keep going straight forward onto track that leads up beside house, and keep following your nose. It's up and down dale and around some bens and creek crosing(shallow as), and takes you through to meet Upper Ormeau Rd. This is a Gazetted Rd.

Tim

Thanks mate - if I'm going I'll probably get Benny to come back up to the Logan motorway and head straight out on the Centenery highway ...

Bigrig
6th May 2011, 10:26 PM
Bump for bigG ... video is in this one mate

Finly Owner
6th May 2011, 10:28 PM
Thanks mate - if I'm going I'll probably get Benny to come back up to the Logan motorway and head straight out on the Centenery highway ...
And follow to LCMP

Bigrig
6th May 2011, 10:34 PM
And follow to LCMP

Not with you boss?

04OFF
7th May 2011, 05:05 PM
So is there a plan for sunday yet ? time/place etc.

Anyone going on a night run tonight by any chance ? :smilie_bett:

Bigrig
7th May 2011, 05:46 PM
So is there a plan for sunday yet ? time/place etc.

Anyone going on a night run tonight by any chance ? :smilie_bett:

Hey mate - limited phone service where I am - if this message gets through, we are probably heading out in the arvo, so up for a night run!!

04OFF
7th May 2011, 06:17 PM
Cool !

Just let me know Scotty:smiley_thumbs_up: