PDA

View Full Version : A question regarding the function of my LSD

Ben-e-boy
2nd May 2011, 10:01 AM
Hi everyone.

When I am offroading trying to tackle a hill or a rut my rear diff has a habit of open wheeling when im flexing.
When I am on the road it will chirp on tar at most intersections. I dont understand why. it there "too much" torque for the clutch plates to handle preventing it locking when flexing or is this a sign of worn clutch plates?

BTW servicimg isnt an issue.I've put 25k on the clock since buying and the diff oil has been changed 6 times

Cheers
Benny

YNOT
2nd May 2011, 10:32 AM
Differentials will always send torque down the path of least resistance, even with a fully functioning very tight limited slip the you can only expect to get a maximum of 40% torque transfer to the wheel with good traction. If you want better than that your only choice is a locker of some description.

Tony

Ben-e-boy
2nd May 2011, 10:52 AM
Differentials will always send torque down the path of least resistance, even with a fully functioning very tight limited slip the you can only expect to get a maximum of 40% torque transfer to the wheel with good traction. If you want better than that your only choice is a locker of some description.

Tony

Cheers tony

I have just bought a .7mm shim for the lsd and a lockrite for the front. that should sort the traction issue

Cheers
Benny

Bigrig
2nd May 2011, 10:53 AM
Cheers tony

I have just bought a .7mm shim for the lsd and a lockrite for the front. that should sort the traction issue

Cheers
Benny

Too right!!! lol

YNOT
2nd May 2011, 11:07 AM
Ben, you need to get a sticker made up for the back of your ute, "you can follow me but it's gunna hurt!"

Tony

Bigrig
2nd May 2011, 11:09 AM
Ben, you need to get a sticker made up for the back of your ute, "you can follow me but it's gunna hurt!"

Tony

Classic! I reckon it's spot on the mark though!!

Ben-e-boy
2nd May 2011, 03:25 PM

Tony
I think I might have too

Classic! I reckon it's spot on the mark though!!

We will go to the same signwriter and you can get "If you can read this HELP...I've just spilt my beer" for the new belly protectioin plate hahaha

patch697
2nd May 2011, 03:32 PM
I think I might have too

We will go to the same signwriter and you can get "If you can read this HELP...I've just spilt my beer" for the new belly protectioin plate hahaha

ROFLMAO............... Thats bloody GOLD