PDA

View Full Version : Dargo river Inn

chester
1st May 2011, 04:56 PM
Just got home after spending the night at the Dargo River Inn,can highly recomend it Great food,nice cold beer and friendly staff.Camping on the pub grounds or rent a cabin.Next time your at dargo drop in and check it out.I had a great night there.

Clunk
1st May 2011, 05:00 PM
got any pics??????

Bob
1st May 2011, 05:02 PM
Thanks for that nect time i am up that way will check it out

speedway
1st May 2011, 05:08 PM
Is this the old Dargo Pub? I've had many great nights there, in the 60's we used to camp on the other side of the river and spend many late nights/early mornings in the bar, the publican would go to bed around midnight and leave the bar open on the honour system.
Keith.

chester
1st May 2011, 07:39 PM
Sorry clunk71 i don't have any pic's,They are on facebook with pic's.
Plasnart and speedway,no its not the pub on the main rd it's on the lower dargo rd.Coming from the bairnsdale direction as you come into dargo turn right into lower dargo rd and then about 150 metres turn left.
The dargo hotel across the road from the store is still open aswell.

Clunk
1st May 2011, 09:22 PM
Sorry clunk71 i don't have any pic's,They are on facebook with pic's.
Plasnart and speedway,no its not the pub on the main rd it's on the lower dargo rd.Coming from the bairnsdale direction as you come into dargo turn right into lower dargo rd and then about 150 metres turn left.
The dargo hotel across the road from the store is still open aswell.

no worries Chester, just thought i'd ask as you're probably aware we like our piccies here roflmao

Finly Owner
1st May 2011, 10:34 PM
pics pics pics pics

maphew
18th August 2011, 09:26 PM
What a great joint, for anybody who hasn't been to the River in to see Suzy and Matt get there!
Great times, was up there a few weeks back. You will spend a few beers just looking around at all the business cards!!!

Bobby Dazzler
19th August 2011, 08:06 AM
Matt & suzie have had it for quite a few years now.... and is always a great place to stay.
the cottages refered to are the old mill cottages from way back in the early days that have been refurbished. ( Used to live in one way back )

cheers

macca
19th August 2011, 09:58 AM
Thanks Chester, we are heading to the High Country for 2 weeks in March next year, will put that to the trip leader as a place to camp
Macca