PDA

View Full Version : help wheel spacers

taurus35
1st May 2011, 02:17 PM
hi i have just gone from 16" rims to 15" wide they seamed to fit so put some good tyres on the boss paid for them great put them on look great off to play in the mud but going noware the rims just touch the break calliper by about 2mm i was told to get some wheel spacers are the any good or what should i do thanks

growler2058
1st May 2011, 02:19 PM
hi i have just gone from 16" rims to 15" wide they seamed to fit so put some good tyres on the boss paid for them great put them on look great off to play in the mud but going noware the rims just touch the break calliper by about 2mm i was told to get some wheel spacers are the any good or what should i do thanks

They will do the trick just not sure on the legality of spacers

Bigrig
1st May 2011, 03:16 PM
Spacers will sort it - superior engineering and a bunch of others do a 6mm plate. Not sure on the legalities where you are, but by the same token, have not heard that spacers are illegal either ... good luck with it mate

the evil twin
1st May 2011, 06:15 PM
Illegal on road in Oz... dunno bout NZ

Finly Owner
1st May 2011, 11:02 PM
Other alternative is to find correct off set in 15" rims. Although toyota fit nissan, they are not the same off set. So if you bought them from someone second hand there's your problem.

Spacers are illegal here as ET beat me to saying but are available on Trade Me

Tim