PDA

View Full Version : Cross Country Coolers

Dark 1
29th April 2011, 10:47 PM
Looking at putting a cross country ultimate intercooler into the gu, looking for opinions on there products.

Woore
30th April 2011, 11:50 PM
Hi, I put one on my truck before chrissy due to the old one dying, that was caused by the rubber boot on top wearing through it.

The cross country is top quality gear, well worth the money and twice the size, as for hp gains i couldnt really tell.

Install was fairly straight forward, just be carefull, it turns out that there is a bolt that has to be removed from the manifold, it will burn out the fan below if not taken out, you are not told this you're meant to work it out by some stupid foto, which i didnt, so my fan died!

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Wayne

Dark 1
2nd May 2011, 10:54 PM
Thanks for your reply definately think it will be a good addition to my rig as my model didn't come with one as standard. Going to match it with a garrett roller bearing turbo, can't wait.

Bigrig
3rd May 2011, 11:13 AM
Thanks for your reply definately think it will be a good addition to my rig as my model didn't come with one as standard. Going to match it with a garrett roller bearing turbo, can't wait.

Are you running out of things to out into that rig yet?? LOL - one of the best examples of a compromise off road v tourer I have seen ...

Dark 1
3rd May 2011, 10:06 PM
Are you running out of things to out into that rig yet?? LOL - one of the best examples of a compromise off road v tourer I have seen ...

Come on Scotty, you never finish modding your truck. Really can't wait to sell our house & start the new chapter of our life. With the house gone it will free up some cash & i can go nuts on the ride [new turbo, intercooler & scoop, scrub bars, some suspension bits & a few other titbits]

Bigrig
3rd May 2011, 10:18 PM
Come on Scotty, you never finish modding your truck. Really can't wait to sell our house & start the new chapter of our life. With the house gone it will free up some cash & i can go nuts on the ride [new turbo, intercooler & scoop, scrub bars, some suspension bits & a few other titbits]

Yep, and it's still a long way to go to have the goodies you have on board!! Can't wait for the build thread updates as that gear goes on - it will be a weapon!!

YNOT
3rd May 2011, 10:19 PM

If you're selling the house to free up funds then go a few steps further. Sell the TD42T to me and fit a Duramax 6.6l V8 turbo diesel - you'll have to keep checking your mirrors to see if the vans keeping up!

Tony

Bigrig
3rd May 2011, 10:32 PM
If you're selling the house to free up funds then go a few steps further. Sell the TD42T to me and fit a Duramax 6.6l V8 turbo diesel - you'll have to keep checking your mirrors to see if the vans keeping up!

Tony

Kind hearted bloke you are sorting that problem for him Tony!! And no benefit to yourself of course!! LOL

Dark 1
3rd May 2011, 11:55 PM
Duramax would be lovely but just can't justify that sort of money when i've got so many other things i want to do & have already done.

Skegbudley
4th May 2011, 07:32 PM
The Cross country intercoolers are very good value for money. The construction of them is solid with quality welds. Top quality cores are used in the construction.
Ive had mine on for over a year now and still love it. Dropped my EGTs by 75-100c. :)

scotty83
29th May 2011, 08:02 PM
do these intercoolers come with a boost gauge connection port?

Skegbudley
12th June 2011, 02:25 PM
do these intercoolers come with a boost gauge connection port?

They come with 2.