PDA

View Full Version : Side steps with rear AC

Chubba
17th May 2017, 10:37 PM
Has anyone had steel side steps or rock sliders installed where they have had a rear air con?
ARB say on their website that the AC pipe work along the chassis rail prevent them from being installed. Anybody have experience with this?

MB
17th May 2017, 10:58 PM
G'day Chubba, I'd imagine they are worried about the 'clamp' over chassis type mounting systems. I'm sure they could flex out the lines but may still rub back hard afterwards. My new Millweld sliders are outer side chassis tapped plate and welded on as per Mill's fitting pick below: http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/05/136.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clunk
18th May 2017, 08:46 PM
G'day Chubba, I'd imagine they are worried about the 'clamp' over chassis type mounting systems. I'm sure they could flex out the lines but may still rub back hard afterwards. My new Millweld sliders are outer side chassis tapped plate and welded on as per Mill's fitting pick below: http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/05/136.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are they actually legal, didnt think you could weld then bolt to the chassis

Winnie
19th May 2017, 12:51 AM
Are they actually legal, didnt think you could weld then bolt to the chassis
Technically no. It's not legal to modify the chassis at all.
Mine is the same as MB's and is the strongest way you can mount the sliders.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

MB
19th May 2017, 03:59 AM
Hmmmmm......thanks guys, best I find a really nice engineer quick smart then :-( Mind you these slider welds look ten times better than the trucks 'certified' Chev conversion welds ;-)

Fwdpatrol
19th May 2017, 08:57 AM
Has anyone had steel side steps or rock sliders installed where they have had a rear air con?
ARB say on their website that the AC pipe work along the chassis rail prevent them from being installed. Anybody have experience with this?

Yes mate sure have
Mob at yatalla qld have the
Very good quality and good prices