PDA

View Full Version : How Often Do You Go.

Patrolling
14th July 2010, 09:12 PM
After reading the new 2010 Patrol reviews about how little 4x4 owners use their rigs "offroad" which is why they designed the new troll for city folks.

I am now curious to see how often you guys actually use them for what they are intended for.

How often do you go 4wding.

Once a week, once a fortnight, once a month, once a quater, once a year?

We'll tally it up after a month or so and see what the results are..

Honestly, I'm probably once a quater these days.

Chambo Off to Work We Go
14th July 2010, 09:16 PM
In summer every weekend on the beach - at the Surf Lifesaving Club
Usually every Saturday and about 6 Sundays.

In winter maybe 4 or 5 times.

patch697
14th July 2010, 09:18 PM
Once a week on average for me

Cheers
Paul

DX grunt
14th July 2010, 09:20 PM
Every time I go on a gravel road, I lock the hubs and put it in H4.

Does that count? If it does, twice a week.

heyhey_guess_who
14th July 2010, 09:35 PM
I get out and in 4L and get dirty just about every weekend and multiple times each weekend.

Maxhead
14th July 2010, 09:37 PM
As often as working family life allows, and thats just about every weekend

Woof
14th July 2010, 09:48 PM
Someone had to be first to put "whats a 4x4":icon_victory:
I get out whenever finance's allow me too, which is not enough, but I do make up for it in the http://westernpatrolclub.com/ as being Vice President.

CrazyDave
15th July 2010, 06:31 PM
I was about to say "There's always one in a crowd but after reading some of the threads you guys are funny bastards so i better keep my mouth shut!:1087:

Woof
15th July 2010, 09:05 PM
I was about to say "There's always one in a crowd but after reading some of the threads you guys are funny bastards so i better keep my mouth shut!:1087:

No, you are correct Dave, but I was sure that there was a "few others in this crowd" so I got in first mate:bigthumbup:

Timbo
28th July 2010, 11:57 AM
Unfortunately, all my mates sold their 4wd's so my off roading experience suffered. I'd be lucky to go 4 times a year now. Other things stop me from getting out there too but, main reason was all my mates stopped until they get their houses sorted out. Hopefully it'll pick up again when everyone has settled down.

Pitbull
1st August 2010, 06:15 PM
Due to work commitments i do 4 major trips a year with possibly 4 minor ones thrown in

Butty
9th August 2010, 04:52 PM
My wife Judy and myself joined a caravan club and go away once a month. We always end up driving off road some where on these trips.

RustyNails
13th August 2010, 10:31 PM
When my children let me :).

(I play taxi running them around to basketball games every weekend)

Paul

Thunda
14th August 2010, 07:25 AM
No where near as often as i would like.
Usually a day or weekend trip every few months.
Planning on a month long trip every other year from now on.
Cape, kimberly, simmo etc.

89GQ
14th August 2010, 01:09 PM
With kids, not as much as i would like,My good wife lets me take off once a month on my own for a few days, normally go to Yourke's or salt creek, set up camp,fish,eat like a king. Love it its the best medicine to unwind. I mostly love salt creek as the beach can be easy,hard,near impossible at certain times of the year and the GQ has yet to let me down!! Love it!!!!!

DX grunt
14th August 2010, 02:59 PM
How often do I go?
Regular as clockwork. lol

patch697
14th August 2010, 11:23 PM
How often do I go?
Regular as clockwork. lol

Not bad for a bloke your age..............lolololololol

Finly Owner
5th October 2010, 10:34 PM
I have an uneven dirt driveway. That's off road , Right?

Mav
10th October 2010, 11:23 AM
I've almost forgotten what a 4WD is

Chops
11th October 2010, 02:08 AM
Every time I go on a gravel road, I lock the hubs and put it in H4.

Does that count? If it does, twice a week.

Sorry your driveway doesn't count :D

tariadamar
27th October 2010, 04:55 PM
i would use my car off road every week if not more weather it be hunting just for the fun of it or to colect fire wood. when i think about it i would be lost without my 4wd.

sarge1950au
22nd December 2010, 05:21 PM
Has been around once a quarter, but now retired want to go more!!!!

gec
22nd December 2010, 05:29 PM
In my mind I go every day but in reality only once a month if I'm lucky due to lack of funding

Bigrig
22nd December 2010, 08:25 PM
I've had Tank for just over 6 months now (June 17th I bought it) and have done Moreton Island twice, Bribie Island twice, Beerburrum State Forest/Glasshouse Region three times, Stradbroke Island once, and Janowen Hills 4WD park once - 9 planned trips in 6 months .. wish I could do more!!! We are truly blessed in South East Queensland with a vast choice of beach or bush within a few hours in any direction ...

Woof
22nd December 2010, 08:42 PM
I've had Tank for just over 6 months now (June 17th I bought it) and have done Moreton Island twice, Bribie Island twice, Beerburrum State Forest/Glasshouse Region three times, Stradbroke Island once, and Janowen Hills 4WD park once - 9 planned trips in 6 months .. wish I could do more!!! We are truly blessed in South East Queensland with a vast choice of beach or bush within a few hours in any direction ...

Thanks for that Scotty, just checked how long since I have been off road......................204 DAYS........now whats that little stick forhttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/

Bigrig
22nd December 2010, 08:50 PM
Thanks for that Scotty, just checked how long since I have been off road......................204 DAYS........now whats that little stick forhttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/

I'd love nothing more than to take the piss, but fact is, I genuinely feel for you mate ... that's like a prison sentence!!! lol ... with all due respect mate, time to start planning a trip - even a day trip - get the tyres dirty and have some fun!!!

Clunk
23rd December 2010, 01:49 AM
Twice so far in the month I've had the bus, just day jaunts up the power line. Learning the do's and donts and what nots.

Bigrig
23rd December 2010, 07:52 AM
Twice so far in the month I've had the bus, just day jaunts up the power line. Learning the do's and donts and what nots.

Any trip where you get to lock in the hubs is a good one mate!!

patch697
23rd December 2010, 09:16 AM
I have been in Melbourne for the last 4 months & haven't been out at all............... The only time the hubs have been locked in was when the Mav got bogged in the front yard from all the rain........lololol

From Dimboola to this is almost heart breaking I can tell you.

Can't wait to get back to the bush

Bigrig
23rd December 2010, 10:31 AM
Hahaha ... I feel your pain mate - only time I actually got 'bogged' on the weekend was in the mates yard after airing up the tyres - absolute slop beside his shed. Had to be recovered by the Rubicon - how embarrassment!! lol ... could have aired the tyres back up, but thought I'd give the missus a thrill by letting her pull me out (only thrill I seem to be able to give these days!!! lmfao) ...

Bigrig
23rd December 2010, 10:32 AM
Aired the tyres back down I meant .. der ...

JimboGQ
24th December 2010, 08:22 PM
Can we add "no where near enough" to the poll? Hey Doggie heading out to Brunswick on Boxing day for an overnighter if your interested, there has been some (not much, but enough) rain down there.

Woof
24th December 2010, 09:13 PM
Can we add "no where near enough" to the poll? Hey Doggie heading out to Brunswick on Boxing day for an overnighter if your interested, there has been some (not much, but enough) rain down there.

Thanks for the offer mate but got stuff happening with my 2 sons, have a great trip and don't forget some photos.

JimboGQ
24th December 2010, 09:17 PM
Will do, hopefully the mud hasn't vanished...LOL

nedoleboy
29th December 2010, 07:32 PM
one weekend on one weekend off.hook the floaty thing on and away you go.

ecrusty
7th January 2011, 12:25 PM
I used to go every weekend when I was single and younger. Now I have the family and the wife hates to camp, it seems to be a couple of times a year. The young bloke is getting to the age where we can go by ourselves so I may be able to get out a bit more with a bit of luck.

MS29431
4th February 2011, 05:56 PM
Being an keen shooter i like to get out as much as i can so i averaged it out to say at least once a month
I could'nt go half the places i go without a 4wd

KINGRAT502
5th February 2011, 11:38 AM
hey there
ive never done any off roading yet
but want to lean
so i,m a total new at this,,wish i did it years ago

damianovdd
11th February 2011, 03:31 AM
I had no chance to ever drive a real off-road.
Also a little worried to do it because the troll has no improvements.
Of course, I must mention that I have it from only 3 months, and here is winter time.
I hope when we travel to have the opportunity to do it.

Bob
11th February 2011, 07:32 AM
I had no chance to ever drive a real off-road.
Also a little worried to do it because the troll has no improvements.
Of course, I must mention that I have it from only 3 months, and here is winter time.
I hope when we travel to have the opportunity to do it.

You will find that your Patrol will handle some quite difficult conditions without any Mods. I would reconmend that you go with another vehicle.

Sir Roofy
11th February 2011, 07:54 AM
Being an keen shooter i like to get out as much as i can so i averaged it out to say at least once a month
I could'nt go half the places i go without a 4wd
they make life easy in the bush

Bigrig
11th February 2011, 09:13 AM
hey there
ive never done any off roading yet
but want to lean
so i,m a total new at this,,wish i did it years ago

Hey mate - where are you based?

growler2058
23rd February 2011, 06:16 PM
Nowhere often enough once a qtr but soon as newest addition to the family is a lil bit older we'll step it up a bit

GUte
23rd February 2011, 06:52 PM
Im driving on building sites every day and sometimes have to lock the hubs if I get bogged but I dont count this a 4wding.
Easily once a fortnight either beach, local tracks or up in the hills somewhere.

And most of my mates with trolls are the same

red92gq
23rd February 2011, 10:41 PM
Damn i really hate living in the bush.

hurtinit
15th March 2011, 05:22 PM
Finished a 8 month drive from London ro east russia
went through mongolia, kazakstan, krygstan etc

best 4x4 trip ever.. just dont take a toyota!!!

ute351
29th March 2011, 12:38 PM
We've had our first fourbie 5 months now and only taken it out once. Tends to be hard with work and family to get out, and being able to go the same time as mates (we'd never go alone based on the amount of "recoveries" the first time). In the past month, we've made a few mods to the car to make it more off-road capable, so based on that hopefully we can get out more.

Bob
29th March 2011, 12:41 PM
finished a 8 month drive from london ro east russia
went through mongolia, kazakstan, krygstan etc

best 4x4 trip ever.. Just dont take a toyota!!!

that would have been a fantastic trip. Any pictures

speedway
16th April 2011, 02:49 PM
Where I live I am surrounded by National and State Parks and the local reserve 500m away has a lot of tracks, with my photography hobby I am always going somewhere to photograph birds, wildlife, old farmhouses and landscapes so it gets used every day. The only reason the hubs are not permanently locked is the front tailshaft spline is worn and causes vibration at road speeds.
Keith.

moo_r32
27th April 2011, 09:31 PM
cant get enuff of it!! lol for a while there, a few of my mates sold theri 4wd's.. but we have a few of us now which is good..

Rustyboner81
21st August 2012, 04:04 PM
FIFO 2 weeks on 1 week off, try to get out on that week off but not happy with maintenance yet,
A bit more work and i'll get out more, dont wanna have any problems out on a track

taslucas
21st August 2012, 04:16 PM
Nearly every weekend and sometimes through the week I'll take a forestry track home and lock the hubs in:-). It's so good here, tracks everywhere. Months of driving all within a tanks range of my back door:-)

This is last Saturday. No pics of the track as I was using both hands lol

Rustyboner81
21st August 2012, 04:19 PM
you lucky ba**ard, thats awesome

Winnie
21st August 2012, 05:05 PM
Usually once a fortnight. There are so many good fourby areas around me, I am lucky! Also only am hour and a half from Walhalla!

Tappa tappa

threedogs
21st August 2012, 05:13 PM
Should go every weekend, but waiting for an Op at the moment, so dont want to give surgeon extra work.
Sometimes we go bush [1hr away] just to sit around the fire and have a vent session.
Pretty lucky living Nth of Melb no far to find some decent tracks.

Bulbous
24th August 2012, 08:08 AM
I've got to get out there every week, twice if I'm lucky.

oncedisturbed
28th August 2012, 08:20 PM
haven't been out for 2 months so far, no rig, but still don't get out enough or as much as i would like being a shift worker

taslucas
28th August 2012, 08:48 PM
haven't been out for 2 months so far, no rig, but still don't get out enough or as much as i would like being a shift worker

So ya haven't been able to get a loan patrol from the stealership?

Tap, crackle, pop

oncedisturbed
6th September 2012, 02:11 PM
I forgot about this thread, Nope of the loan troll unless I paid for it but have mine back now which is all good

choppie
11th November 2012, 01:35 PM
Only been out a couple of times but have got the bug now, need some one on Sunny Coast area to go with, any takers

Rustyboner81
25th November 2012, 01:50 AM

204.. Get out there
When im home i like to get out at least twice a week. And hope i dont break anything

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

Barndillo
30th November 2013, 02:29 PM
Let me just say, I'm pretty regular...