PDA

View Full Version : Wiring ELocker to replace factory rear locker with ESC & turning off overspeed alarm

Yendor
8th April 2017, 01:32 PM
I replaced my factory fitted rear locker with an E-locker. I wanted to use the factory locker switch to operate the E-locker so the ABS and ESC will disable when the locker is turn on.

I also wanted the rear diff lock to work in 4H and 4L and to disconnect the buzzer that sounds when vehicle speed goes above 30Km/h when the rear locker was on. Both of these mods can be done to the factory vacuum operated rear locker.

The diff lock control module is located below the radio on the RHS. Remove the glove box, trim above brake pedal, centre console, trim around the radio and then remove the remaining trim below the radio. The diff lock control module is the black rectangle plastic box shown in the below picture.

I used two relays. Relay one tricks the factory diff lock control unit into thinking the rear diff lock is engaged and relay two supplies power to the E-Locker.

Relay one wiring,

Cut the Green wire with a Red trace (pin 9) at the diff lock control unit. Connect the control unit side of the wire to terminal 87. Just tape up the other half of the Green/Red wire.
86 connects to the Blue wire (pin 3) at the diff lock control unit.
85 connects to earth
30 connects to earth

Relay two wiring,

87 connects to the E-locker,
86 connects to the Blue wire (pin3) Same as 86 on relay one.
85 connects to earth,
30 connects to B+ via fuse

Yendor
8th April 2017, 01:34 PM
To stop the chime from sounding when the diff lock is engaged and the vehicle speed goes above 30Km/h, just cut the Blue wire with an Orange trace (pin 7) and tape up both ends.

Warning, I can not guarantee that damage won’t occur to the factory rear locker if operated at high speeds.

Yendor
8th April 2017, 01:36 PM
If you also want the factory locker to work in 2 high and 4 high. The Yellow wire with a Black trace (pin 6) is switched to earth when low range is selected. By cutting this wire and connecting the diff lock control module side of the wire to earth (black wire two to the left of the Y/B wire) enables the locker to be switch on in 2 high, 4 high and low range.

When the locker is turned on in either 2H or 4H the ABS and ESC both turn off and the warning lights come on in the dash as well as the diff lock warning light. It does appear that a fault is detected in the ESC and the second waring light comes on but this goes out once the diff lock switch is turned off. In low range it still works as per factory, no change in warning light operation.

BigRAWesty
9th April 2017, 09:28 AM
Good write up mate.

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk