PDA

View Full Version : GU ST factory alloys missing centre caps

BearGUST
28th April 2011, 02:53 PM
G'day all,
I've just bought a GUIII ST which is missing all centre caps, I've noticed that a lot around seem to be the same - Do they have a habit of falling off?
I wouldn't mind getting some new ones but not too keen if they'll just fall off again.

AB
28th April 2011, 06:19 PM
Not sure about the GU's but the GQ's would struggle to fall off "generally" but they can pop off at some stage.

A lot of my friends GU caps have been stolen over time and he refuses to buy any more.

Very easy to pinch, twist and pull...Done!

MudRunnerTD
4th May 2011, 08:56 AM
Not sure about the GU's but the GQ's would struggle to fall off "generally" but they can pop off at some stage.

A lot of my friends GU caps have been stolen over time and he refuses to buy any more.

Very easy to pinch, twist and pull...Done!

^^^ what he said mate^^^

Twist and pull. 2 seconds and its over.

I reckon they look great but really easy to steel. If some arrrse has lost his then he knows how easy they are to take in a carpark somewhere. he could nearlly do it with you sitting in the car and you would not know.

Look on ebay mate, i picked some up for my GU for $30 the pair for the back and dont run anything on the front, dont see the point.Had them on for 18months and not lots them yet.

BearGUST
5th May 2011, 06:20 PM
I just missed out on a set on ebay after being tipped off on a set... Bugger!
It just looks a bit crappy without them - especially the rears. Hopefully another set pop up soon.

Bigrig
5th May 2011, 07:02 PM
I just missed out on a set on ebay after being tipped off on a set... Bugger!
It just looks a bit crappy without them - especially the rears. Hopefully another set pop up soon.

I've got centre caps on mine and intend on swapping the wheels and tyres in a month or two - if you can wait there yours (tyres and wheels spoken for however!).