PDA

View Full Version : Switching Front Locker Independently of Rear Locker - DIY

MudRunnerTD
28th April 2011, 10:53 AM
Hey guys,

I just posted this elsewhere and thought you might be interested also

Dont you hate it that you have to engage you rear Locker to also run your front Locker???

There is plenty of times i just want the front locker on for tight stuff and being able to switch it independently has save some serious body damage a couple of times.

Well the mod takes 10 minutes and ANYONE CAN DO IT!!!

--------------------

On the ARB switches terminal 2 switches 3, 6 is dash lights and 7 & 8 are earth.

so in the ARB wiring loom terminal 2 is switched in sequence.

Turn the compressor on = 2 switches 3, and 3 send power to the compressor and also powers 2 on the rear locker switch ready for engagement and so on.

Turn on the Rear locker = 2 switches 3 and 3 send power to the rear locker solenoid and also powers 2 on the front locker switch ready for engagement.

Then the front Locker switch terminal 2 has a supply circuit ready.

Pull your 2 locker switches out and run a bridge wire from the rear locker terminal 2 to the front locker terminal 2 and then you can engage at will any locker you like... 10 minutes well spent.

Hope that helps someone. I would not have mine setup any other way.

Ghost
28th April 2011, 02:57 PM
honestly some idiot at ARB designed it like that!!! I hardly ever use my rear locker and most of the time i only need the front one, glad i wired it myself.

MudRunnerTD
28th April 2011, 03:37 PM
honestly some idiot at ARB designed it like that!!! I hardly ever use my rear locker and most of the time i only need the front one, glad i wired it myself.

Yeah go figure. just silly. And the instructions with the wiring loom when the installers put in the lockers it is all numbered and it is a plug and play setup so that is what you get. Just Dumb.

I have got a Kick Butt LSD in the GU IV and will not be ripping that out for a locker any time soon but will happily put in a Locker into the front and have a great setup.

I hope the advice above helps others though.

YNOT
29th April 2011, 11:35 PM
Remove the wire marked with the red "X" from the switch, fit the bridge wire marked in blue.

Tony