PDA

View Full Version : GU series 2 dash removal

Tip12345
14th March 2017, 02:39 PM
Hi all It looks like i will have to remove the dash ... To get at the tacho would someone give me the heads up on removing the panel .
after having a swim there is a few things that are not working ! have dried the ECU out and all the relays I could find . I am also looking for a description on how the glow plug circuit works . I cant find a timer for the glowplug relay . Is this done by the ECU ? I have had no luck downloading the Manual . But will try again when my new Computer turns up .. with my new phone . These things also dont swim well . thanks to all this is not how I would like to find out how it all works !!!! :1087::1087::1087::1087::1087:

threedogs
14th March 2017, 02:49 PM
mudski is your go to man on this one

No good with sinking,,, trust you went down with the Ship/patrol????

Tip12345
14th March 2017, 04:51 PM
yes sort of .. well the water was cold . no one lost there life . but words were said ! and I got very wet

Tip12345
14th March 2017, 04:55 PM
Tried to send mudski A message but dont think its working

threedogs
14th March 2017, 04:59 PM
Tried to send mudski A message but dont think its working

He wont be long, the guys had a bit on lately what with buying a another house

Yendor
14th March 2017, 07:47 PM
Is your vehicle a factory TD42TDI? If so the ECU controls the tacho, glow plugs and your A/C. I would say your ECU is more then likely stuffed, unless the water level was high enough to get into the instrument cluster.

Have you checked all fuses?

Tip12345
15th March 2017, 08:28 AM
yes done the easy things fuses all ok oh well looks like its time for a new ECU not sure how far the water came as the creek went up and down very fast . I would like to get it out and check it out . the part that is going to be hard to replace is the door card on the drivers side . thanks to all . I hope to have it going soon