PDA

View Full Version : Front seat head rests loose

FNqGu04
1st January 2017, 05:32 PM
Hi guys
I have a 2004 ST-l GU patrol with the lovely leather seats .
The head rests on the front seats are loose { passenger one fell off today }.
I'm just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and how they fixed 0it ??
Looks like the two steel posts have a thread to screw into the bottom of the headrest ,but they don't want to
stay tight .

Help please
Craig

threedogs
2nd January 2017, 12:38 PM
Could I suggest some super glue [thick] on the threads and leave to set

FNqGu04
3rd January 2017, 07:56 AM
Hi John
That might work the prob is ,there are DVD players in them so wires coming through the metal poles .
Can't really take them off to fix .Could I use the headrests out of another Gu instead ? don't use them myself .

Craig

michaelgreeny
3rd January 2017, 10:39 AM
G'day FNqGu04 I've had the exact problem, had my '09 GU for 12 months now and have had to reattach the DVD headrest twice, once including having to remove the back of the seat to get the pole. I've just screwed them back in and hoped for the best. I don't really have an answer for you sorry, mostly just replying so that I can keep track of any solutions!

FNqGu04
6th January 2017, 08:42 PM
Hi guys n gals
Success ...I have a friend ,who is a dab hand at fixing things have a look at my head rests .
Well he managed to push n pull the posts n uncover the thread on the end n screw it in nice n tight , so it's all good atm .
We will see how long it lasts , fingers crossed lol .
I might take them out again and do as threedogs suggested and put some kind of glue on them to really keep them in place .

craig

threedogs
7th January 2017, 12:12 PM
Hi guys n gals
Success ...I have a friend ,who is a dab hand at fixing things have a look at my head rests .
Well he managed to push n pull the posts n uncover the thread on the end n screw it in nice n tight , so it's all good atm .
We will see how long it lasts , fingers crossed lol .
I might take them out again and do as threedogs suggested and put some kind of glue on them to really keep them in place .

craig

If you type in Thick CA glue on Ebay you should find what you're after.
I use thick CA when I make a knife,,,,lol

FNqGu04
7th January 2017, 10:16 PM
Thanks threedogs
I will have to get hold of some n give it a try