PDA

View Full Version : DavesStuff Tuturial Video's posted on Youtube

PeeBee
27th December 2016, 11:56 PM
Hi all,
Yes, it took me a while, but there are now 4 video's on youtube under davesstuff that give a bit of info regards unpacking and set-up, plus the oven in action cooking Pizza's. Unfortnately, got hungry and ate the pizza before thinking I needed the proof it works - just have to imagine what it turned out like!
There are also the video's MB posted directly on the website as well.

Enjoy.

Clunk
28th December 2016, 12:52 AM
Hope you don't mind Phil but I'll post them up on here too.

Part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn3fX0qQATE

Clunk
28th December 2016, 12:53 AM
Part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHCONye41tE

Clunk
28th December 2016, 12:54 AM
Part 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-E-pHmlxNc

Clunk
28th December 2016, 12:55 AM
Part 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIWj3J_6RZE

PeeBee
28th December 2016, 07:45 AM
Many thanks Clunk.

PeeBee
10th March 2017, 08:28 PM
Ok guys and ladies, I have 6 oven packages left from the first batch (13 sold since release). Once these run out it will be 3 months before the next lot are ready for sale. So, if you want one, PM me and lets see if we can do a deal.

threedogs
11th March 2017, 01:54 PM
Just wondering if anyone is taking one of these to the "DONK" meet up to showcase.
Bit out of my range but love the whole concept of it two thumbs up thats for sure,,lol

PeeBee
11th March 2017, 02:06 PM
Just wondering if anyone is taking one of these to the "DONK" meet up to showcase.
Bit out of my range but love the whole concept of it two thumbs up thats for sure,,lol

John, I will be taking a couple and will put on a 'few' pizzas for either after dinner or pre dinner nibblies on at least one of the nights. i am unsure of how many nights I am around at this stage.

threedogs
11th March 2017, 05:04 PM
John, I will be taking a couple and will put on a 'few' pizzas for either after dinner or pre dinner nibblies on at least one of the nights. i am unsure of how many nights I am around at this stage.

one of the better camp ideas going since ,,,,well sliced bread
hope it takes off like the PIG,,lol
Got to be up there with the PIG and Auspit imo

PeeBee
11th March 2017, 08:55 PM
Thanks TD. Well, one oven sold today to a forum member, so 5 remain!!!!

PeeBee
7th April 2017, 11:32 AM
OK, another sold. 4 left in first batch. I will bring a spare oven package to the weekend if 'someone just has to have one', will be a demo oven up for sale, brand new one only in use for this weekend, at a 'special' attendee only price', below cost. Price disclosed at the weekend.

AB
7th April 2017, 11:51 AM
OK, another sold. 4 left in first batch. I will bring a spare oven package to the weekend if 'someone just has to have one', will be a demo oven up for sale, brand new one only in use for this weekend, at a 'special' attendee only price', below cost. Price disclosed at the weekend.

Clever marketing strategy!

Get us drunk, cooks a mouth watering pizza....Sold!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PeeBee
7th April 2017, 12:15 PM
Clever marketing strategy!

Get us drunk, cooks a mouth watering pizza....Sold!

I suspect you will independently look after yourself in the drinking department without any assistance from me! As to mouth watering, well lets see how my interpretations of the venison cooking methods translate into my oven. Pizzas are a dead cert.

Clunk
7th April 2017, 07:40 PM
Yep, I have to say, they're pretty damn good. Only done pizzas in it so far, using heat beads. So takes a bit longer to get the heat up inside but lasts quite a while. Managed to do 6 pizzas with enough heat to do more. I can't say how many more because I was stuffed and didn't even have enough room for another beer

MB
7th April 2017, 09:30 PM
Good work Clunk mate, I thought you too might end up getting one, happy days hey :-) !

Clunk
7th April 2017, 09:45 PM
Good work Clunk mate, I thought you too might end up getting one, happy days hey :-) !
Yeah mate, definitely a top bit of kit. Going to try charcoal next and see how quickly it heats up and for how long. I can only assume that it would be much like using hot coals from a camp fire

MB
7th April 2017, 10:00 PM
For sure, top idea charcoal for that extra heat mate, will try that definitely! When I first tested mine with elcheapo heatbeads at home I ended up stacking a small piece of redgum sleeper on top of the top beads. Really did seem to force the beads heat downwards and lasted many hours for a ripping pork crackle top :-)

Clunk
7th April 2017, 10:32 PM
For sure, top idea charcoal for that extra heat mate, will try that definitely! When I first tested mine with elcheapo heatbeads at home I ended up stacking a small piece of redgum sleeper on top of the top beads. Really did seem to force the beads heat downwards and lasted many hours for a ripping pork crackle top :-)
One thing I must do though and that's get a thermometer

MB
7th April 2017, 11:23 PM
For sure mate! I like to cook with 2 x thermometers. First (the greasy looking one pictured) for inside the oven and second is my favourite little digital spike probe one for quick door open drouling stab checks :-) http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/04/59.jpg

MB
7th April 2017, 11:42 PM
May I also recommend these little ripper cast iron additions to your tucker arsenal in Phil's oven mate! http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/04/60.jpg The iron crock pots hold a single serve Osso Buco slow cook stew cut and the mini frypans can do leg ham & egg cupcakes with tobasco/parmesan topping for breaky, delicious:-)!!

PeeBee
8th April 2017, 09:59 AM
May I also recommend these little ripper cast iron additions to your tucker arsenal in Phil's oven mate! http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/04/60.jpg The iron crock pots hold a single serve Osso Buco slow cook stew cut and the mini frypans can do leg ham & egg cupcakes with tobasco/parmesan topping for breaky, delicious:-)!!

These look great, excellent ideas. Regards the temp probes I initially discounted their use as I used IR probe, however I still need to open the oven door to do the reading. I thought about putting a 6mm hole in the oven box so a probe could be slid in to contact the pot or just measure the oven temp, but was unsure on how much smoke I would lose. Might be time to start playing around again and get a probe integrated. My hesitation with the greasy probe scenario is purely if the glass breaks and shatters, and you don't pick that up - could end up with glass in pizza - not a good thing.

PeeBee
8th April 2017, 10:02 AM

How do you get the charcoal 'started'? Are heat bead lighter blocks sufficient? Who sell Charcoal as opposed to heat beads - can't say I have seen it domestically?

threedogs
8th April 2017, 10:07 AM
I have a heap of those cast enamel pots from Aldi great size for a single serve Garlic prawns
Think I only paid $6 each

threedogs
8th April 2017, 10:09 AM
How do you get the charcoal 'started'? Are heat bead lighter blocks sufficient? Who sell Charcoal as opposed to heat beads - can't say I have seen it domestically?

I can get charcoal from local chicken place @ $30 a bag.
A mob in Richmond sells it buy the bag, I use it to blacksmith stuff

PeeBee
8th April 2017, 10:11 AM
I can get charcoal from local chicken place @ $30 a bag.
A mob in Richmond sells it buy the bag, I use it to blacksmith stuff

How do you get it started? Does it need a lot of forced air as such or does it burn 'in ambient conditions'?

Clunk
8th April 2017, 11:28 AM
How do you get it started? Does it need a lot of forced air as such or does it burn 'in ambient conditions'?

fire lighters get it started, and just ambient conditions do the job.

Back in the UK, we pretty much only had charcoal for bbqs, heat beads weren't common and gas was way to expensive for the common folk. It was quite an eye opener here to see a gas bbq cheaper than a kettle bbq when I first came over here.

This is an old friend of mines business, extremely passionate about what he does....... http://www.theoxfordcharcoalcompany.co.uk/ , also found on facebook

PeeBee
8th April 2017, 12:34 PM
fire lighters get it started, and just ambient conditions do the job.

Back in the UK, we pretty much only had charcoal for bbqs, heat beads weren't common and gas was way to expensive for the common folk. It was quite an eye opener here to see a gas bbq cheaper than a kettle bbq when I first came over here.

This is an old friend of mines business, extremely passionate about what he does....... http://www.theoxfordcharcoalcompany.co.uk/ , also found on facebook

There you go, learnt something today! I will hunt some down and give it a go.

threedogs
8th April 2017, 12:44 PM
Blacksmith coke is way too expensive and very hard to source

Clunk
8th April 2017, 01:11 PM
Oh I meant to say, you can get charcoal from Bunnings, no idea what it's like though

PeeBee
9th April 2017, 05:36 PM
Oh I meant to say, you can get charcoal from Bunnings, no idea what it's like though

Picked up a carton of eucalypt charcoal today from Bunnings. Going to give it a try this week in preparation for the venison camp roast dishes. Daughters boyfriend donated some meat from a recent hunt, so going to be interesting - new meat and different heat source.

Clunk
9th April 2017, 06:18 PM
Picked up a carton of eucalypt charcoal today from Bunnings. Going to give it a try this week in preparation for the venison camp roast dishes. Daughters boyfriend donated some meat from a recent hunt, so going to be interesting - new meat and different heat source.

should get a nice aroma from that charcoal

PeeBee
9th April 2017, 06:50 PM
should get a nice aroma from that charcoal

Any thoughts then on whether the smoker should be used or not?

Clunk
9th April 2017, 07:32 PM
Any thoughts then on whether the smoker should be used or not?
Not Really sure how else you could get the Eucalipt aroma on the meat without it. Seeing as the bottom of the oven is sealed

Clunk
9th April 2017, 07:33 PM
Not Really sure how else you could get the Eucalipt aroma on the meat without it. Seeing as the bottom of the oven is sealed
Maybe MB could add his thoughts

PeeBee
9th April 2017, 09:45 PM
Yes your initial comment confused me to be honest. The smoke infusion can only occur from the smoker tray. The charcoal is a 'volatile free fuel' meaning the liquids have been driven out of the timber, which by definition would include the oils. I have had a bit to do with pyrolysis systems for bio energy systems and the process generates combustible vapor and medical grade charcoal, that is both a fuel and a filter media, so I am going to doubt if there would be any detectable eucalyptus odour at this stage, but should know soon enough!!

Clunk
9th April 2017, 10:18 PM
my only previous dealings with charcoal have been with open bbqs, so obviously easier to smoke the meat

MB
10th April 2017, 07:12 AM
Maybe MB could add his thoughts
Drooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuulllllllll.........Pizza Please :-)

Clunk
10th April 2017, 07:41 PM
What if you were to place the charcoal on the smoker tray?

Clunk
10th April 2017, 07:41 PM
Drooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuulllllllll.........Pizza Please :-)
Well you're a lot of help hey hahahahahaha......... That's my job

PeeBee
10th April 2017, 08:15 PM
What if you were to place the charcoal on the smoker tray?

The unburnt wood chips have oils and volatiles that are given off as the degrade from the heat of the coals on the top tray. the charcoal has already lost these elements, so I think they will get hot but not to the point of smouldering, plus they have nothing left to evaporate, so suspect they won't deliver anything. I might try it for a laugh but right now! Thanks for the thought though.

Clunk
10th April 2017, 10:35 PM
The unburnt wood chips have oils and volatiles that are given off as the degrade from the heat of the coals on the top tray. the charcoal has already lost these elements, so I think they will get hot but not to the point of smouldering, plus they have nothing left to evaporate, so suspect they won't deliver anything. I might try it for a laugh but right now! Thanks for the thought though.
If the charcoal has been done properly you should still get the flavour/scent from the lump wood, but yeah, getting that into the oven is the challenge

MB
11th April 2017, 07:29 AM
I guess it would be possible to 35mm holesaw each corner on the base to house a welch plug when super crazy heat is not needed. Can only imagine how bloody hot it would get inside cooking charcoal fired pizzas with them removed :-) It's ok Phil, I won't try that yet as may void my warranty, lol, we love em as is mate :-)

PeeBee
11th April 2017, 10:16 AM
KISS is my goal. Long as it works, leave it alone.

MB
11th April 2017, 06:53 PM
Agreed and will do mate! Keep It Simple, and stop calling me Shirley :-)

PeeBee
11th April 2017, 07:51 PM
Showing your age 'Old fella'

MB
11th April 2017, 08:02 PM
We're much younger than the Buck bagged for your tough competition needs Phil :-) We can't let you win the donk party cook off with new technology yet simplistic awesome design;-)

PeeBee
11th April 2017, 08:23 PM
I can hardly breath as the air is so thin on top of this pedestal you have put me on. As long as its edible and tastes good, i will be happy.

PeeBee
4th June 2017, 10:43 PM
OK Forum group I have 1 oven avail in the first batch and I will sell this to the first responder via PM by time stamp. The price is $500. Over to you, and this price is never going to be this low, 1 oven only. Direct deposit or cash only, excludes shipping. I am setting a sunset on this offer at Midnight Sunday June 11.

Clunk
4th June 2017, 11:23 PM
Another pizza night, first time making our own bases ans eve had a go at making gluten free bases, kids did the toppings.....

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/06/31.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/06/32.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/06/33.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/06/34.jpg

PeeBee
4th June 2017, 11:29 PM
Looks like the kids were having a good time. Love seeing the glow top and bottom of that 'box', really good Clunk

Clunk
4th June 2017, 11:55 PM
Looks like the kids were having a good time. Love seeing the glow top and bottom of that 'box', really good Clunk
Was bloody good mate, had the usual ham n cheese, pepperoni, then some tandoori chicken, then tandoori chicken with pepperoni, mushrooms, onions, ham, capsicum and pineapple

A veritable feast of mix n match toppings..... Washed down with plenty of cider

PeeBee
1st October 2017, 07:08 PM
Daughter and son-in-law heading over to trek to Everest Base camp, leaving tonight so took my mind off the departure and cranked up the oven for a last pizza meal before we take them to the airport tonight. One vego and 2 pepperoni and veges. Smell great, now off to watch the STORM smash the COWGIRLS.733347333573336

PeeBee
3rd January 2018, 06:29 PM
OK NP Forum readers, I am now listing the Gwendolyn Camp Oven System on ebay. There are 5 units avail, the first 3 come with the all weather SS tray. The price on ebay is to cover the listing charges. You can still get one at $450 if you are a financial sponsor of the NP Forum website, by buying direct from me, so leave it with you.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/222780349916?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

AB
3rd January 2018, 06:38 PM
OK NP Forum readers, I am now listing the Gwendolyn Camp Oven System on ebay. There are 5 units avail, the first 3 come with the all weather SS tray. The price on ebay is to cover the listing charges. You can still get one at $450 if you are a financial sponsor of the NP Forum website, by buying direct from me, so leave it with you.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/222780349916?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649 (http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/705-53470-19255-0/1?campid=5336709507&toolid=10001&mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fitm%2F2227803 49916%3FssPageName%3DSTRK%3AMESELX%3AIT%26amp%3B_t rksid%3Dp3984.m1555.l2649)

Bloody criminal how much Ebay charge!

PeeBee
11th February 2018, 12:16 PM
Tried out PECAN smoker chips this last trip on roast beef and pizza. Strong flavour, turns the pizza orange very quickly, mostly the cheese topping. Needs a lot of heat on the top tray though to start breaking down to smoke.7441374414

PeeBee
17th June 2018, 07:10 PM
OK NP Forum, winter is upon us again and time to start enjoying the camp ovens and outdoor feasts. I have 2 off Gwendolyn Oven kits, complete with wet weather cooking pans (normally $50 extra) for $450 each plus postage. You are welcome to pick-up or if reasonable distance from Knox in Victoria I would consider delivery at no cost. Remember these even work in the snow!!
There are number of members getting great results from these beauties, so if you have the need and the coin, pls drop me a PM. Thanks Phil

PeeBee
7th September 2018, 07:46 PM
Run-out Special

I am clearing my stock of existing ovens at below cost to fund another product development and also some more toys, so I am selling 5 ovens I have for $375 each. The first two sold will come with the SS all weather base. These are the full Gwendolyn kit. Get in quick guys. I won't be making any more all weather bases as the cost is prohibitive.
PM me if interested.

OK, If I sell 6 ovens, the $ for that oven (no. 6) go directly back to the Forum to aid running costs.

Winnie
7th September 2018, 07:55 PM
Run-out Special

I am clearing my stock of existing ovens at below cost to fund another product development and also some more toys, so I am selling 5 ovens I have for $375 each. The first two sold will come with the SS all weather base. These are the full Gwendolyn kit. Get in quick guys. I won't be making any more all weather bases as the cost is prohibitive.Bargain!! Anybody on the fence should pick this up. Maxhead

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

MB
7th September 2018, 08:29 PM
Ditto...Really great ovens, absolutely love ours, thanks mate!

seanthodges
30th September 2018, 09:10 PM
Wow, very steep ovens. The food looks delicious!

PeeBee
1st October 2018, 11:13 AM
Wow, very steep ovens. The food looks delicious!

Glad you like them. A number of the guys on this forum have taken the plunge and bought one and are getting great results from them. Unsure what you mean by 'very steep' though?

MB
1st October 2018, 06:58 PM
Can only speak for our oven purchase good tucker fu@ker folks!
With a little bit of know how and correct heat versus quality meat cuts these boxes are unbeatable!

PeeBee
1st December 2018, 07:10 PM
OK folks, its nearing Xmas time and Santa is looking to fill your sack???? I have sent two more ovens off to new homes today. PM me for a GREAT deal if interested. Remember, this is a purchase for a lifetime and it will probably outlast you to be honest!

AB
1st December 2018, 10:15 PM
Bad Santa!!!!

PeeBee
31st December 2018, 07:16 PM
Happy New Year to you all from Daves Stuff, especially those who have made the investment in the Gwendolyn Cooking System. I decided to throw a chook into Gwendolyn this arvo, a big 2.7kg monster, a handful of chunky veges, and 1hr 40 mins later, dinner is ready. No turning or prodding the coals or checking every 15 minutes if its burning or the coals are too cold etc etc, just light the heat beads, 10 minutes later whack the pot on and sit back and take in the wafts of deliciouness!!!

Plasnart
31st December 2018, 07:35 PM
Happy New Year to you all from Daves Stuff, especially those who have made the investment in the Gwendolyn Cooking System. I decided to throw a chook into Gwendolyn this arvo, a big 2.7kg monster, a handful of chunky veges, and 1hr 40 mins later, dinner is ready. No turning or prodding the coals or checking every 15 minutes if its burning or the coals are too cold etc etc, just light the heat beads, 10 minutes later whack the pot on and sit back and take in the wafts of deliciouness!!!

Looks beaut Phil, I'm starvin' now! A good chef should clean the rim of the plate before serving though :D

PeeBee
31st December 2018, 07:58 PM
I know, I was hungry and was sure you could get past the indisgression!

Plasnart
31st December 2018, 08:04 PM
I know, I was hungry and was sure you could get past the indisgression!

Did you put stock in there? How much? How many beads top and bottom? Haha help out a gwenny owner with not much experience! :D

PeeBee
31st December 2018, 08:20 PM
OK, here is the info. 8 beads on top, 16 beads below, 10 mins to flame out.
2.7kg pre marinated from Woolies chicken, 1 potato, 1 sweet potato, 2 carrot, 1 onion, a tablespoon of olive oil, i can of unsweetened coconut cream, i cup of water, 1 tablespoon of quality aussie bush herbs. I reckon it would easily feed 4 adults as we had half a chook left over and half the vegees. I monitored the internal temp of the chook and it hit terminal temp on the gauge at 1hr, 40 min, then spiked over and it was pulled off. There was enough residual heat left in the bottom coals to throw a pastry tart in the oven for a warm desert. The residual stock was amazing and saved the chicken and stock for tomorrows meal.

Ya just need to start playing around with it Plassy, you can't destroy anything in it, except maybe a pizza if you leave it too long on high heat - but thats a 'learnin' thing! At Licola 2 years ago we were smashing out basic pizzas in around 6 minutes.

Plasnart
31st December 2018, 08:25 PM
2.7kg pre marinated from Woolies chicken, 1 potato, 1 sweet potato, 2 carrot, 1 onion, a tablespoon of olive oil, i can of unsweetened coconut cream, i cup of water, 1 tablespoon of quality aussie bush herbs. I reckon it would easily feed 4 adults as we had half a chook left over and half the vegees. I monitored the internal temp of the chook and it hit terminal temp on the gauge at 1hr, 40 min, then spiked over and it was pulled off. There was enough residual heat left in the bottom coals to throw a pastry tart in the oven for a warm desert. The residual stock was amazing and saved the chicken and stock for tomorrows meal.

Ya just need to start playing around with it Plassy, you can't destroy anything in it, except maybe a pizza if you leave it too long on high heat - but thats a 'learnin' thing! At Licola 2 years ago we were smashing out basic pizzas in around 6 minutes.

Thanks mate. Yeah I know experience is the key. First use I stuffed a pizza but second use cooked great crispy pork belly. Just need confidence but as you say just need to play with it. Thanks for the input Phil.

mudnut
26th March 2022, 01:29 PM

Phil, your Davesstuff link isn't working.

PeeBee
26th March 2022, 03:16 PM
Phil, your Davesstuff link isn't working.

Muddy, I have ceased manufacture of the oven system and shut down the website. I still have 4 complete kits avail which I am clearing at $300 each, $150 a kit less than what it cost to manufacture. Unfortunately its at the higher end of the camping oven/pizza oven options, but thats just the way it goes I guess. I did look at bulk manufacture both here and o/seas but massive cost involved.