PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping Bag Storage

NissanGQ4.2
24th December 2016, 09:36 AM
How does everyone store their sleeping bags when not in use???

I have about 8 bags and use to store them in a big cardboard box out in the garage, but I get paranoid that the rats will get into them. Don't really have the room 2 keep them in the house.

Cheers

Toddie

Bob
24th December 2016, 09:38 AM
How does everyone store their sleeping bags when not in use???

I have about 8 bags and use to store them in a big cardboard box out in the garage, but I get paranoid that the rats will get into them. Don't really have the room 2 keep them in the house.

Cheers

Toddie

You can Buy Plastic Bins with Sealed Lids to Store them in.

Hodge
24th December 2016, 09:39 AM
Do you have room to hang them in bags of some sort, quilt bags for example. Like this.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=70367&stc=1

Hodge
24th December 2016, 09:40 AM
You can Buy Plastic Bins with Sealed Lids to Store them in.

Or this! Great idea. Those plastic bins cost peanuts from Bunnings.

NissanGQ4.2
24th December 2016, 10:04 AM
Thanks Bob, yeh thought about plastic bins and think this might be the way 2 go.

You a hoarder Hodge is that an old laptop sitting in the garage? *L*

Hodge
24th December 2016, 11:19 AM
Thanks @Bob (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/member.php?u=846), yeh thought about plastic bins and think this might be the way 2 go.

You a hoarder @Hodge (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/member.php?u=15680) is that an old laptop sitting in the garage? *L*

haha that photo was a random google image mate. I only own one sleeping bag and is always rolled up inside together with the swag.

Also for putting sleeping bags in the plastic tubs. I'd drill a bunch of small holes around the tubs for venting purposes. Sleeping bags tend to develop an odor if in airtight spaces for prolonged periods, no matter how much you've aired them out prior to storing.

Clunk
24th December 2016, 12:27 PM
Vacuum sealed laundry bags..... saves space and you get no odours

sooty_10
24th December 2016, 02:11 PM
Quality down sleeping bags should never be stored in their stuff sacks. They need to expand and allow the down to "fill" out and uncompress. If stored compressed they will shorten their life and effectiveness. As for a large plastic tub or oversized bag definitely better than the stuff bag / vacuum bag. Synthetic bags are not as prone to this as they don't rely on natural fibers and are generally denser to start with, still not advised to store compressed though.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

sooty_10
24th December 2016, 02:13 PM
I have stored them flat under my bed or hanging in a spare wardrobe before. Even a tall locker / cupboard in the shed / garage would work well to store them in.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

threedogs
24th December 2016, 02:17 PM
Vacuum sealed laundry bags..... saves space and you get no odours

Dont think this would be any good, ideally they need to be stored out of the bag
and fluffed up a bit so the air circulate .
Ideal for space saving though as you mentioned

Clunk
24th December 2016, 04:32 PM
Dont think this would be any good, ideally they need to be stored out of the bag
and fluffed up a bit so the air circulate .
Ideal for space saving though as you mentioned
Yeah but Todd is looking for a way to store them with out getting damaged...... just take them out a couple of days before they're needed, they'll soon fluff up again