PDA

View Full Version : Coolant leak TB42

chester
24th April 2011, 10:09 PM
There is a plate located on the RHS rear of the block just below the head,it leads in to a water jacket.It looks like you need to pull the inlet manifold off to get to all the bolts.I found the easy way is to pull the starter motor off and you do it from underneath.
Not sure if this helpful for anyone,but it took me a few beers and thinking time to work it out.

Bigrig
25th April 2011, 09:08 AM
There is a plate located on the RHS rear of the block just below the head,it leads in to a water jacket.It looks like you need to pull the inlet manifold off to get to all the bolts.I found the easy way is to pull the starter motor off and you do it from underneath.
Not sure if this helpful for anyone,but it took me a few beers and thinking time to work it out.

Thanks mate - top tip!!

Parksy
3rd March 2013, 11:54 AM
Sorry to pump an old thread, but I've just discovered green coolant stains on the right hand side of the block and cannot find where it's coming from, so I'm thinking this plate could be the culprit. What do people usually do when they remove this plate? Is there a seal on it or do people just use silicone?

Cheers

chester
9th March 2013, 08:12 PM
Sorry to pump an old thread, but I've just discovered green coolant stains on the right hand side of the block and cannot find where it's coming from, so I'm thinking this plate could be the culprit. What do people usually do when they remove this plate? Is there a seal on it or do people just use silicone?

CheersAll i did mate was gave it a good clean and ran over it with a light sandpaper and just used silicone.
Just make sure the plate isnt pitted.

Bloodyaussie
9th March 2013, 08:15 PM
All i did mate was gave it a good clean and ran over it with a light sandpaper and just used silicone.
Just make sure the plate isnt pitted.

You would not know what a TB42 looks like anymore would you Chester?????

chester
9th March 2013, 08:18 PM
You would not know what a TB42 looks like anymore would you Chester?????Hahahahahaha BA, not really is that the big bulky thing that drinks heaps and makes stuff all power under the bonnet.
Dont really want to remember to be honest LOL.

Bloodyaussie
9th March 2013, 08:43 PM
Hahahahahaha BA, not really is that the big bulky thing that drinks heaps and makes stuff all power under the bonnet.
Dont really want to remember to be honest LOL.

You make me want to cry?????????

chester
9th March 2013, 08:55 PM
You make me want to cry?????????I used to be like that, then i seen the light.

Parksy
9th March 2013, 09:04 PM
Cheers Chester! Appreciated!

I've got a ba xr8 ute and I must admit I much prefer my 20 year old patrol. It drinks less too!

chester
9th March 2013, 09:15 PM
I put a holden 5L in mine it's better on fuel and power.

threedogs
9th March 2013, 09:17 PM
Its never the plate on top thats easy as to get to is it.