PDA

View Full Version : Advise on South East WA

Rip'n'Shred
7th December 2016, 01:01 PM
After some help/advise on trip planning for the Perth and south east WA leg of our big lap around into South Oz. Currently on road along Ningaloo coastline.

Looking for a list of must do and must stay places. Would prefer camping but happy to do some caravan parks if we can even get in being school holidays and peak season. We're self sufficient in a well equipped Patrol and off road camper trailer with kids (don't need water, shower, toilet)

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Avo
7th December 2016, 01:46 PM
are you coming to the sth wst?not to familular in the sth eat of perth...and hope your catching some nice fish up there...lovely part of OZ that is

Stropp
8th December 2016, 11:59 AM
After some help/advise on trip planning for the Perth and south east WA leg of our big lap around into South Oz. Currently on road along Ningaloo coastline.

Looking for a list of must do and must stay places. Would prefer camping but happy to do some caravan parks if we can even get in being school holidays and peak season. We're self sufficient in a well equipped Patrol and off road camper trailer with kids (don't need water, shower, toilet)

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

when will you be in perth mate, i can organise a club run with the western patrol club if im free but there are some good places like dwellingup, powerlines track whitehills beach, a run through the dams down south and along the blackwood rver, i have tracks if you need them and know how to take them off my ipad. i also have a 6 bed house that you are welcome to stay at in Perth mate as i am currently living by myself.

Stropp
8th December 2016, 12:06 PM
i will be away at xmas if you are here then, you will have the house to yourself :)

4bye4
8th December 2016, 12:58 PM
Thre is a lot of south east WA. depends on how long you want to spend in each area, and when you will be where, if that makes sense. You should take a look at Menzies and Lake Ballard IMHO.

mark89
8th December 2016, 01:56 PM
If you get a chance head to albany (my home town) massive amounts of coastal scenery alot of history beautiful town and endless 4 wheel driving (beaches)

4bye4
8th December 2016, 02:21 PM
If you get a chance head to albany (my home town) massive amounts of coastal scenery alot of history beautiful town and endless 4 wheel driving (beaches)

Take him to West Cape Howe

gubigfish
8th December 2016, 02:41 PM
Hopetoun, Esperance and east of esperance aroud Cape Le Grande and Cape Arid are worth a look

mark89
8th December 2016, 05:36 PM
Take him to West Cape Howe

I love it out there great fishing too unfortunately im heading to perth tonight for a few days

4bye4
8th December 2016, 05:41 PM
I love it out there great fishing too unfortunately im heading to perth tonight for a few days

Yes I'm from down that way originally and spent the early part of this year planning a trip to W C H for our club at Easter. When we finally got there the firebugs had been and we wear not allowed in. Did a run on the beach near Muttonbird instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rip'n'Shred
9th December 2016, 10:57 PM
Thanks heaps for the replies and info. I did mean south west as well as south and south east. Still getting used to directions here in WA lol.

Stropp that is a very generous offer of you. Will definitely get back to you about it.

Basically looking at Margaret River area for xmas and the around into SA January. We're at Mokey Mia now.

Thanks again.

Kimbo63
9th December 2016, 11:20 PM
Thanks heaps for the replies and info. I did mean south west as well as south and south east. Still getting used to directions here in WA lol.

Stropp that is a very generous offer of you. Will definitely get back to you about it.

Basically looking at Margaret River area for xmas and the around into SA January. We're at Mokey Mia now.

Thanks again.
Margaret river is a very nice spot look out touring people have called in there and are still there 20 years later

Avo
9th December 2016, 11:38 PM

Thanks again.
these place will be hard to get a spot mate,especially around that time...look at Conto's campground,Boranup campground for margaret river area....from magaret river to coming towards pemberton there is a nice spot called Alaxander bridge...also towards nannup there's a spot called canebreak campground..now Pemberton theres a little gem of a spot called Drafty's camp..on heartbreak trail.....and i know another special spot out here on the farm....you'd be more than welcome..

Avo
9th December 2016, 11:46 PM
from pemberton not to far away is a place called Sid's camp in Northcliffe.... gooing towards Walpole there is fernhook falls campground...,then not far from that is broke inlet..after that towards Walpole..there is another gem of a spot called Banskia camp...this place is awesome scenery and fishing...Albany way it will get hard again as to the holiday season,but lots of spots..if you want to know some look up DPAW campgrounds...esperance cape le grand as mentioned before is also very nice
hope all this helps

Rip'n'Shred
10th December 2016, 01:59 AM
Wow Avo, thanks very much for the very generous offer. Will let you know once we set some plans up

Stropp
10th December 2016, 02:06 AM

Thanks again.

Just message me mate, I will also be down Denmark over Xmas and I'm staying at a mates with 30 acres and just a hay shed converted to a weekender so you should be right to stay a few days while I'm there too!