PDA

View Full Version : heat exchang

moonie
2nd December 2016, 02:43 PM
hi all I have a 4;2 gu and when I PUT A REAL intercool on I removed all the pollution stuff as well as the heat exchanger is this a problem or not every thing seems to be ok goes a lot better and made room for getting to the oil filters anyone removed the same.

MudRunnerTD
2nd December 2016, 05:51 PM
Hi mate, that is all the EGR gear and is for anti pollution. I have removed it years ago. Enjoy.

mudski
2nd December 2016, 10:25 PM
Hi mate, that is all the EGR gear and is for anti pollution. I have removed it years ago. Enjoy.

Just hope the EPA don't find its gone. Just as Hodge what the feeling is like when they pull you over and first thing they look for is the EGR and you have removed it.

nissannewby
3rd December 2016, 12:07 AM
Just hope the EPA don't find its gone. Just as Hodge what the feeling is like when they pull you over and first thing they look for is the EGR and you have removed it.

Pretty hard to detect on a td42. Its such a basic system you wouldnt know if someone had removed it or not. The earlier motors all have the same ports on the engine for cooling etc so they tend to look like any other td42.

moonie
9th December 2016, 01:37 PM
thanks everyone was worred about the epa mob but as all 4.2 look alike