PDA

View Full Version : Barra Turbo (XR6 TURBO CONVERSION) GU PATROL

Baby Daddy
22nd November 2016, 01:25 PM
Hi Guys,
Just picked up the engine on the weekend,
Comes with full engine (170xxx) turbo, manifold, thermo's, ecu, loom, ac, starter, power steering pump etc… Basically everything but the ford auto.

Using my GU 4.5 Petrol Auto…. My biggest hurdle so far will be finding a way to ensure the Auto works as per normal as I don't want to shift it like a manual every time I drive it (kinda irritating).

Today i am also purchasing the bell housing from Dellow.

Soon we will have a word back from engineer and how we are going to tackle the Auto tranny issue as Wholesale automatics quoted me 2295 for the module that controls the Auto (What a rip)

Keep you guys posted as I go !

Baby Daddy
22nd November 2016, 09:05 PM
Purchased the bell housing for the xr6 turbo barra engine to gu patrol 4.5 petrol auto tranny today.

Also did some research on these engines and must say was massively impressed.

With boost, tune, cooler, injectors these thing are known to pump out 300 to 325rwkw.

Now that this is sorted my next step is to contact a place in south Australia in regards to working out how to use the auto gu tranny with the engine.

I will also be looking at my engineering requirements.
Keep you all posted.

Baby Daddy
22nd November 2016, 09:27 PM

The donor engine from a 10/06 build BF xr6turbo

Baby Daddy
22nd November 2016, 09:29 PM

Thermo fans from the xr6 will also be used

Baby Daddy
22nd November 2016, 09:30 PM

Ecu and loom

jff45
22nd November 2016, 09:53 PM
Your current TB45E TCU will correctly control the auto if you leave the ECU in place. You'll just need to adapt a TPS somewhere.
I have my original TB45E auto trans working well behind a TD42T conversion. I used a ZD30 TPS on the accelerator pedal.

Baby Daddy
22nd November 2016, 10:05 PM
Hi John, cheers for the advice, out of curiosity have you used the original ecu and the ecu for the new engine too?
So in other words have both installed?

Also do you have to manually shift up and down with the auto lever or can you use it as though it was before?

Cheers
Bd

jff45
22nd November 2016, 10:23 PM
The new engine is a TD42T and doesn't have any electronic control. The original ECU is just left where it was and is only used to run the trans. If the ECU is removed, the trans goes into limp mode - stays in 3rd gear.
My trans works exactly as before, I stick it in D and go..
I just removed any EFI related wiring that was no longer needed.
It won't interfere in any way with the Ford ECU.

jff45
22nd November 2016, 11:45 PM
Another advantage of keeping the TB45E TCU/ECU combo is that you can still do full auto trans diagnostics with an Ecutalk cable and OBD Scantech software.
I kept my Ecutalk LCD screen because it still shows engine temps, volts, speed & TPS.

Baby Daddy
23rd November 2016, 03:14 PM
Thanks John
I will forward this info to my work shop so he is aware of this. Thank you.

Baby Daddy
23rd November 2016, 11:19 PM
Hi John
A friend of mine sènt me this.
Today i forwarded your responses to my workshop via email so just waiting on a response.

Another friemd sent me this link

.heard of this?
Im wondering if it'd work also?

http://www.latentsolutions.com/suprastickuv.html

jff45
24th November 2016, 09:25 AM
There are several solutions for controlling the auto trans depending on your budget but I've never looked into any of them.
I find the original setup works well for me and it cost nothing as it was all in place anyway.

If it were me, I'd spend the money on getting the trans beefed up before spending up on fancy controllers..

Baby Daddy
30th November 2016, 11:04 PM
So, a bit of an update on where I'm at, at the moment with the engine conversion, I was speaking to a friend of mine who asked an engineer in regards to what I am doing and he has come back with the following info, If any of you are thinking of doing a conversion (regardless of engine) refer to this below.

So , if your new engine weighs less than the original you won't need a swerve test as it will not affect the weight of the vehicle due to the barra turbo engine weighing in less than the original 4.5 petrol donk. Its not the power , speed is speed, its how quickly you can stop the speed you're going, and if your new engine is heavier than the original you have a problem.

Also since that is cleared that I won't be needing a swerve test, I also don't need a torsion test, Apparently torsion test is a test used to see if the chassis can handle the extra power slash torque, So to know if your new engine that you're planning to use in your conversion passes this you use the below info.
Make and model of car: find the highest torque output engine that was placed in these vehicles (in my case the TB4.8 which produced 420nm of torque from factory, add 20% and if the new engine you're using is producing less torque than that figure then you're laughing.
So 4.8 patrol 420nm x20% = 504nm
BF 480nm which means I am within my requirements.
This way now I just gotta worry about the other engineering things like engine mounts etc and if all is honky dory then engineering shouldn't be a problem.
No news yet on the bell housing either… I guess Im currently a sitting duck!

Baby Daddy
30th November 2016, 11:07 PM
Hi John , Yeah I told my tune shop thats doing the conversion that i will look into strengthening the auto down the track when it blows, his response to me was "What, on the third dyne run?" ;)

Baby Daddy
6th May 2017, 12:16 AM
Update on this in point form cos 1 hand is in plaster

Engine is at workshop
Fellow bell housing has arrived
Tranny has been sent to be fully rebuilt
Will be fully manualised auto with bm ratchet pro shifter
When's auto comes back buying 1000cc injectors
Plenum chamber
300x600x76mm cooler
Now expecting 350rwkw to 380rwkw

I can't wait!

mudnut
6th May 2017, 12:24 AM
Sweet as. How much has it cost so far?

Baby Daddy
6th June 2017, 02:07 AM
3500 on engine , ecu , loom , thermos
3000 for full rebuilt re4 auto
1200 for upgraded converter
750 dellow bell housing

Then got cooler injectors, Labour, custom input shaft,
Cooler piping,
Custom loom
Engine mounts, tune, install , custom fab work for air box and snorkel,
Custom exhaust engineering etc..
Looking at about 20k

Baby Daddy
13th August 2017, 08:19 PM
Hi guys , been a while since I've posted here as I have been documenting the build on 4x4 earth.
I Am going to try and attempt to keep the posts here more frequent in the hope that some may find the input useful.

So at the moment my RE4 tranny has been extensively modified and fully rebuilt from the ground up.
It was built to the same spec as one he sent off to NSW for an xr6 turbo (yes they use them in xr6's too as an upgrade so they must be good). That tranny is currently pulling 9.90s consistently down the quarter so I should be ok running it in my patrol...

We are now waiting for the torque converter to be built which would be done some time this week.

Once that's done it's will be married with the tranny , vellhousings etc and sent back off to my tune shop...

Here are some photos of the tranny being built

Baby Daddy
13th August 2017, 08:40 PM
Tranny rebuild 72836

Baby Daddy
13th August 2017, 08:41 PM
72837 pulled apart

Baby Daddy
13th August 2017, 08:42 PM
72838 re4 pulled apart

Baby Daddy
13th August 2017, 08:42 PM
72839 re4 tranny

Baby Daddy
13th August 2017, 08:47 PM
72840 re4 tranny

Baby Daddy
13th August 2017, 08:49 PM
72841 re4 tranny

Baby Daddy
13th August 2017, 08:50 PM
72842 re4 tranny

Baby Daddy
13th August 2017, 08:50 PM
72843 re4 tranny

Baby Daddy
13th August 2017, 08:51 PM
72844 input shaft (flex plate to tranny adapter )

Baby Daddy
13th August 2017, 08:52 PM
72845 flex plate adapter

Baby Daddy
13th August 2017, 08:59 PM
So considering the barra turbo is going to have billet oil pump gears, head studs, and upgraded valve springs we are looking for the 400rwkw region with around 1000 to 1300nm of torque.

My plan is for this vehicle to be what I have dubbed an APP (All purpose vehicle)
My plan is to create something that will be able to head out onto some of the countries hardest tracks by day then be able to mix it up with the quarter mile boys on the strip by night...

We are making a fully documented build that will be put together by a friend of mine with all the photos and videos of the build process not only showing the build but the vehicle tackling killer tracks.... then the plan is straight after to head to Calder park, and attempt to run some decent times, all whilst still in full street form.

Given this, I have managed to acquire a full set of race slicks which include custom rims to suit the patrol with full slicks on the rear and a set of front runners for the two front tyres...
Here are the slicks

Baby Daddy
13th August 2017, 09:00 PM
72846 race slicks and front runners

Baby Daddy
13th August 2017, 09:01 PM
72847 race slicks and front runners

Baby Daddy
13th August 2017, 09:02 PM
These should allow me to out the power to the ground adequately to ensure I maximise the full use of my built fully manualised auto

Baby Daddy
13th August 2017, 09:03 PM
72848 next up I purchased my bm stealth pro ratchet shifter...

Baby Daddy
13th August 2017, 09:05 PM
72849 Whilst all this was happening I got a call from the tranny builder to pop past and check out the complete set up minus the torque converter... here are some pics showing the whole thing assembled

Baby Daddy
13th August 2017, 09:06 PM
72850 assembled re4 tranny

Baby Daddy
13th August 2017, 09:07 PM
72851 assembled re4 tranny

Baby Daddy
13th August 2017, 09:07 PM
72852 zoomed in pic of the torque lock up wire

Baby Daddy
13th August 2017, 09:11 PM
That's pretty much it at this stage. Apologies for the photo dumps above but just thought I would get my build process up to date here...

As mentioned before torque converter should be done this week and am also arranging for the boys at JPC to start putting in the billet oil pump gears, valve springs and head studs...
Also this week I will be sourcing a cooler for it.

After that's all done we are pretty much at the point where the car goes in to get the old 4.5 petrol out to start with the install...

Hoping to get it all done by Australia day robe beechport trip that I will be heading to with the fellas.

Hope you're all well!
Peace
BD

Baby Daddy
15th August 2017, 11:38 PM
Purchased the 1000cc injectors today.
So this week injectors , billet oil pump gears , valve springs and arp head stud bolts go in.
Tranny still looking as froday being the completion date

Things are gaining momentum

Baby Daddy
21st August 2017, 08:11 PM
Just*a little bit of progress todsy fella's

Today I managed to pick up my torque converter from Torque Converter Engineering in Ringwood.

For those of you that don't know this place they are well known in the torque converter industry for building some*of Australia's most bad arse high powered drag and or race cars torque converters.

Don't really know the ins and outs of what exactly is done with the converter but I just know it's now built to spec for what we are chasing plus more.
I also managed to purchase the new 600x300x76 pro flow intercooler... It's not a plazmaman but it will aparently do the job*for the 400rwkw range we are after...
And considering things come in 3's my race slicks finally got down here*after a 3 week waitfrom Sydney....

I now pretty much have everything ready that could of been bought for the car and is all sitting at JPC.

It's is now almost time for me to send it to the work shop for the hear transplant.

Exciting times ahead*!

Watch this space !!!

Baby Daddy
21st August 2017, 08:12 PM
72929 torque converter engineering ringwood

Baby Daddy
21st August 2017, 08:13 PM
72930 torque converter bf xr6 turbo/nissan patrol

Baby Daddy
21st August 2017, 08:14 PM
72931 600x300x76 pro flow intercooler

Baby Daddy
21st August 2017, 08:16 PM
72932 slicks are here

Baby Daddy
19th May 2018, 01:03 AM
Probably should say this engine conversion is complete now.

And i absolutely love it!

PeeBee
19th May 2018, 07:13 AM
How did you get on with 'engineering certification'? Did you end up going that path - who did you use and any major obstacles struck?

Baby Daddy
21st September 2018, 07:38 PM
Hi Pee bee,
Glad to say the vehicle has been engineered (finally)

The engineer wasnt happy with the way the guys that did the conversion ran my pipework so i had to pay someone else 3k to redo it all again which i wasnt happy about.

Above all it is now running a base map tune of 10psi and 250rwkw on 35s.

I have been zipping around town with prodominantly stock tyres and find it bloody quick.
I remember one day i was on a "private road" and had a run with new golf r wolfzburg edition and he got me by half a car length...

I went home that night to find that they pull a 13.3 second 0-400 so i was thoroughly impressed concidering i am driving around a 3tonne 4wd.

I have to keep reminding myself that its not a sports car and that it is a 3 tonne truck as it blows my mind how quick it is.

Given i have changed all the pipework that was also restricting more power i have now contacted stix from quick bitz to retune it to 18-20psi on pump 98....

In the mean time i know it ran a 20.86 with the stock tb...

I now want to run it with 10psi...

Then run it with 18-20psi

Then when money permits next plan is to upgrade the turbo to 67mm wheels , install the hatec race dash and ecu and run a flex fuel system for track meets with e85...

Once i do that i shpuld be easily achieving 500rwkw.

I just wanna pull a 10 or 11second pass for shits n gigs and i will be happy.

After i achieve that i will be happy to just leave it on its normal street tune of 18-20psi on 98 and even 10psi like it is now for off road and i will be happy...

So over all i want to be able to choose between

10psi
20psi
E85 fullboost

Anyway heres some pics

Baby Daddy
21st September 2018, 07:40 PM

Stainless snorkel

Baby Daddy
21st September 2018, 07:44 PM

New 4" air intake
New custom airbox with 79series panel filter
New cooler pipework

Baby Daddy
13th February 2019, 11:32 PM
So its been a while since inhave posted on here but just thought I would give you all a quick update.
The rig has been performing flawlessly around town on daddy duties , as a grocery getter, as a sleeper, and as an off road vehicle.

That was up until i decided to go to the high country a couple months back and i had to get the thing towed home.
It turned out to be a bad connection and wiring from ecu to the bf pedal and i had to get the thing rewired again because the way the original mob that did the conversion did it was kak.

Since then though its been running perfectly with no dramas.

So over all for those of you that arent aware, the purpose of this build was to build a tough af off roader that incould hit up some hardcore tracks by day, go home slap on the slicks and go mix it up with the boys on the strip by night.

I mean, why not right? They are known as being one of the greatest 4wds off road and these days are also known as the go to 4wd if you are wanting to run big hp in them.
Just look at our amazing brothers over in dubai and you will evidently see what they are doing with these rigs.

So given that was my goal, i have been happy with where we are but now its time to go for some serious hp.

Recently i have been doing my head in with who to tune the rig. You speak to one mob and they sound wonderful, you speak to another then they sound better. Over all i have managed to speak to 4 different joint (yes i have done extensive research) as barras are a well known engine so theres many people available for tuning them who know them well.

In the end i have opted to take it to Independent motorsports in Morwell, who are currently home to the worlds fastest ford territory with 1000hp and 9 second quarter mile...

I have been doing my head in trying to figure out what i am going to do tune wise as there are so many options.

Go pump 98 as hard as we can till we hit the limit and be ok but not that fast.

Spend a shit load on 2200cc injector, new 2x fuel pumps, flex fuel system, surge tank, and tune for e85?

Problem with doing the above to options leaves me unhappy with either of them. The pump 98 is never gunna be enough to make me happy and the e85 though expensive and awesome just isnt practical enough when i own a 4wd that visits the high country and goes touring etc. With e85 being up to 35 % more thirsty than pump 98 i was stuck at a cross road until now...

Enter Water to Methanol Injection. Damn, after doing some serious research all i was left with was where have you been all my life ???
The beauty of water methanol injection is that its 50/50 ratio which is stored in its own resevoir on board in your vehicle and it is squirted (direct port entry) to each cylinder along with an extra injector after the cooler on the manifold.

The idea of meth injection is to creat lower intake temps which then allows the engine to be wound up more thus endingnup with more power.

What i find absolutey extroadinary with this is i am still able to run 98 with heaps better economy, my current 1000cc injectors and also my curent walbro 460 in tank pump.

We are also in the process of getting a new turbo built by the boys at procharge in sunbury but can not spill the beans too much with sizes yet.

The set up i am currently going has ran a 9.30et at calder with around 600rwkw on an xr6 turbo

Given the engine is in a big gu and has to go through my driveline and the built re4 i will be lucky to see 500rwkw but either way this is more than enough for me to be happy with it as its peak performance.

The entire process will be getting documented by the a4s media boys for there youtube channel so soon enough you will most probably see it on line.

Eventually when its done i will slap on the slicks and head to calder.

Looking forward to the next couple months

Baby Daddy
17th April 2019, 09:21 PM
Been a bit slack with the updates on the build lately but at the moment we are full steam ahead.

We took the existing turbo off the car and had procharge turbochargers in sunbury build the new turbo for us.
The new Procharge 67mm turbo has been known to run up to mid 600rwkw on some set ups as of late so to find a turbo that sits on the original ford manifold that produces that much power with very little effects of big lag is astonishing.*
The procharge 67 is litreally based off the factory garret but they have an ar70 housing thats been macined both front and rear housings to fit the 67mm wheels on fromt and back...

Here are some photos of it

Baby Daddy
17th April 2019, 09:23 PM

Procharge 67mm turbo

Baby Daddy
17th April 2019, 09:23 PM
Next up in order to do all this both manifolds were stripped off the car and had to buy a 10mm spacer for the turbo not to foul up against the exhaust manifold as the turbo is obviously bigger than factory.
With this spacer it allows us to place the turbo in its exact same location but lifts it up slightly as it was just touching the manifold.

The cold side inlet plenum/manifold has also been removed so i can drill into it for the direct port water to methanol injection system.

Baby Daddy
17th April 2019, 09:26 PM

Dummy up of manifold to see where injectors will go

Baby Daddy
17th April 2019, 10:07 PM
So with the turbo sitting back with the car and getting ready for re installation i had taken the manifold home last night so i can drill out the manifold for the direct port injection system.

Once the kids and wife were in bed and my daddy duties were over i jumped into the man cave , slapped on the tunes, grabbed a beer (or two) and began.

Drilling inti the intake manifold isnt something i felt conpletely comfortable with unless i had asked the 100's of questions that i had in my mind answered.*
We found that there was a flat circle section on the manifold that was there for casting purposes from factory which seemed to be the perfect place for them...

I marked out all the spots and pre-drilled then with a pilot hold first then worked my way up to the 8.5.. drill bit that we needed to use for the correct fitment of the injector adapters.

Baby Daddy
17th April 2019, 10:11 PM
Manifold preping

Baby Daddy
17th April 2019, 10:53 PM
After this was done i carefully began to insert the tap into the holes using most probably more cutting compound than i needed to as paranoia starts to creep in.

I found that this was the most intricate part of the process as i had to ensure i was not going in on any funny angles and had to also ensure the 1/8 npt tap was being turned with the same amount of firmness each time i went further in whilst it was tapping out the holes... (if you're ever going to do this into aluminum i found that its much easier than steel but the second you feel more resistance than normal just give it a bit more of a spray with the cutting compound and it will continue to turn easier).

Baby Daddy
17th April 2019, 10:56 PM
Manifold tapping

Baby Daddy
18th April 2019, 08:06 AM
After this was done i cleaned out the shards of aluminium and then began to install the injector adapters. The aquamist water to methanol injection system comes with the brass inserts that you install into the manifold which have an internal thread for the injectors to be fixed to, or if you ever need to , they also provide brass plugs which we have to install for now as the rest of the system has not been installed yet.

I've just dry fitted the adapter plugs into the manifold for now to see how they sat and if there was any resistance but from what i got told from Orlando from Cool Runnings Engineering (the authorised seller of Aquamist in Australia) is that they are to be done hand tight with loctite and no excessive force.

I found that this wont be the case for me as finger tight only got me on a couple threads so i had to touch base with him and send him pics to show where they were sitting and then was advised to nip them up a touch with a 13mm spanner but dont go ape sh*t with it.*
I have to say i really do love buying products from a company who provide you with phenomenal after sales service.*
To put things into perspective for you guys this bloke has gone above and beyond with answerring any questions i may have, late night phone calls, early morning questions and his services have superceded any of my expectations.

Here are some pics of the injector adapters being dry fitted into the manifold.
This morning i will loctite them in.

Baby Daddy
18th April 2019, 08:10 AM
Manifold injector adapter install

0-TJ-0
18th April 2019, 01:13 PM
Keep it coming mate. Interesting to follow.

Baby Daddy
19th April 2019, 08:27 AM
Keep it coming mate. Interesting to follow.

Thanks TJ
Been long process ,
The its all being put back together next week then I'll be towing it to the tune shop!
Starting to get a little bit excited now.
Interested to really see how the water meth set up works out for me!
Ive checked a few forums and struggle tonfind good info for water meth set ups so hoping to elaborate on it as much as possible!

Baby Daddy
8th October 2019, 11:13 PM
The waiting game....

Thought i woukd make an update of where i currently am with the rig.
I seem to post a lot more on instagram these dsys picture wise but in regards to info you guys pretty much get all the inside goss amd planning prior to it getting onto the gram as i try to keep this thread more detailed as part of the build process.

CHASSING THE ILLUSIVE 500+RWK MARK.

This has been a bit of a battle. The last tune attempt left me somewhat dissatisfied due to the cooler and exhaust being the limiting factors of the hp we were trying to achieve. As mentioned previously we found the coolers limits of 470rwhp (350rwkw) mark so we wound it back so it was running safe to 420rwhp and left it there till we thought out the next process...

I have currently purchased the new 600x300x100mm cooler from plazmaman and am waiting for delivery which i think is going to be this week.
I have been down to the exhaust shop had them look over the car and quated me on the new exhaust which i paid for up front prior to works being done because i know the bloke and i think it may be getting trailered there and back so that made life a bit easier.

With the new cooler and 4 inch exhaust it will then be ready for a retune so after that all gets done its fingers crossed. This is pretty much my final part as far as i want to go power wise with the rig. If i achieve the figure i want i will not push it further.

I have some serious plans coming up for the rig which i really cant give too much info away as of just yet. The purpose of the build will most probably be revealedin the not so distance future but i think it should all make sense eventually what im planning on doing with it...

Baby Daddy
8th October 2019, 11:17 PM
The above was posted on another build thread i have on 4x4 earth but update is i currently have the new plazmaman 300x600x100 1450hp rated cooler.

We are installing it this weekend

Goes in for the 4 inch exhaust next week

Goes in for retune october 23rd...

I think im being a little too optimistic expecting 500rwkw on pump98 and an auto but fingers crossed

Baby Daddy
8th October 2019, 11:26 PM

MB
8th October 2019, 11:29 PM
Ballistic awesome numbers BD mate!
Very keen to gauge your thoughts on Plazmaman W2A overall quality of their Aussie tradesman’s found efforts too[emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10G
9th October 2019, 01:50 PM
Great build. Is the truck still going to be shown by the a4s fellas? I'd love to see it.

Baby Daddy
10th October 2019, 09:48 PM
Great build. Is the truck still going to be shown by the a4s fellas? I'd love to see it.

Hey mate,
Short answer is no.

I decided i did not want A4s to showcase the rig in the end for numerous reasons and am now giving it to my mate Damo (defender 90 orkney) on YouTube and instagram to do a feature with it.

A4s would of been great with definite maximum exposure but i just didnt really like what the page has become of late and kinda targets a particular audience that i didnt really wish for my rig to be exposed to.

Saying this, my episode with 4wdaction is coming up soon and so is the feature or rig run down on damos channel

Baby Daddy
14th October 2019, 08:13 PM
Managed to get the cooler on over a few beers with a couple mates.

Its a good thing we got access to a factory and a forklift as taking the front bar off with heaps of space and a fork lift is godsent.

The only problem we ran into is because the new cooler is thicker, we are now struggling for room as the power steering amd tranny coolers mount dorectly in front of one side of the cooler.

Which means the warn hi mount fouls up against these coolers.

We've decided for now we leave the hi mount winch off and fit the bar but even the grill had to be cut.

To be honest i think it looks shit without the grill and the cooler exposed but it will have to stay like that until i figure out what to do with the bar...

Its either get a full custom bullbar or retrofit it into the current arb bar...

Anyway talk is boring here are some pics...

Baby Daddy
14th October 2019, 10:02 PM

Baby Daddy
14th October 2019, 10:02 PM
Vehicle goes in for new exhaust tomorrow which means they have a week to take out all the suspension, leave it on bump stops and figure out how and where to run a 4 inch exhaust system without it fouling anywhere.*
From there they send it off to the tune shop so they can re install the water to methanol injection system and retune it for that magic 500rwkw (700rwhp) i have been aiming for..

Technically speaking what ever it gets it gets. I cant expect it to produce more on pump 98 so that's hopefully the end of the road engine wise...

Baby Daddy
14th October 2019, 10:03 PM
Ps on another note... my 4wd action episode drops on YouTube on thursday so if any of you wanted to out a face to the name that will be your opportunity to have a laugh at my expense

Baby Daddy
17th October 2019, 11:25 PM
For those that are interested, here is the latest episode of 4wdaction that myself and the Barra Gu are in...

Enjoy!
For any thatbwish to see more of the rig you can also follow me on instagram barra_gu
Cheers

https://youtu.be/g7mq-invrmU

MB
17th October 2019, 11:43 PM
8:25 “George has pinpoint accuracy” [emoji106][emoji106]

MB
18th October 2019, 12:01 AM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/10/151.jpg

Baby Daddy
18th October 2019, 12:17 AM
Ahh yep gotcha
I gather one of them in the comments is you MB?

Yeah wished they showed more of it

MB
18th October 2019, 12:20 AM
Great Blokes!
Go for Gold Little Ollie Mate!!
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/10/152.jpg
https://www.heartkids.org.au

MB
18th October 2019, 12:23 AM
Ahh yep gotcha
I gather one of them in the comments is you MB?

Yeah wished they showed more of it

Nah, not me commenting on Youtubey sorry mate! Great day out it looks had by all though [emoji106][emoji106]
EDIT: Will seriously consider signing up to Instagram for full Beast Barra pics tomorrow [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Baby Daddy
18th October 2019, 09:17 AM
Nah, not me commenting on Youtubey sorry mate! Great day out it looks had by all though [emoji106][emoji106]
EDIT: Will seriously consider signing up to Instagram for full Beast Barra pics tomorrow [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Yeah tbh i use this thread and my entire build thread on 4x4earth to document the entire build but the instagram account is alot of picture and video focussed so not a bad idea to jump on the bandwagon man!

MB
18th October 2019, 06:43 PM
Weapon of a thing mate, well done!!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BggSMDlj-6k/?igshid=16p25hazg1ehj

Baby Daddy
23rd October 2019, 08:55 AM
Weapon of a thing mate, well done!!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BggSMDlj-6k/?igshid=16p25hazg1ehj

That was a slow take off with a bit of peg ... it had about 170rwkw there...

At the moment it has 330rwkw....

Baby Daddy
23rd October 2019, 09:00 AM
So the exhaust has been done and the vehicle is currently at tune shop on the hub dyno.....

In order to ensure the exhaust doesnt foul on anything they had to take out the emtore suspension on the rig amd slam it onto the bump stops to ensure it has clearance everywhere....

As for the dyno im actually feeling pretty nervous at the moment. I hate dynos... i just think of the fact that someone is tappped into the ecu playing with settings and is red lining the thing for uo to 70 runs...

Definitely an uneasy feeling...*

Hopefully hear some good news tomorrow that its still alive... hopefully get some good news that i get close to my target... if not.... I'll probably cry haha

So i was meant to do the following to try achieve the 500rwkw

New exhaust
New bigger cooler
Disconnect air bix and run a pod off turbo
Install stock cams as aparently my regrinds are shit.

I never got round to changing stock cams back in...

Hope it dont affect me much

mudski
23rd October 2019, 09:01 AM
Yeah I've never stuck around to watch a dyno run on any of my cars....

10G
23rd October 2019, 09:49 AM
So the exhaust has been done and the vehicle is currently at tune shop on the hub dyno.....

In order to ensure the exhaust doesnt foul on anything they had to take out the emtore suspension on the rig amd slam it onto the bump stops to ensure it has clearance everywhere....

As for the dyno im actually feeling pretty nervous at the moment. I hate dynos... i just think of the fact that someone is tappped into the ecu playing with settings and is red lining the thing for uo to 70 runs...

Definitely an uneasy feeling...*

Hopefully hear some good news tomorrow that its still alive... hopefully get some good news that i get close to my target... if not.... I'll probably cry haha

So i was meant to do the following to try achieve the 500rwkw

New exhaust
New bigger cooler
Disconnect air bix and run a pod off turbo
Install stock cams as aparently my regrinds are shit.

I never got round to changing stock cams back in...

Hope it dont affect me much

70 runs, gee that's a fair bit of work. How long to they thing that will take?

Baby Daddy
23rd October 2019, 11:25 AM
Update: fuel supply issue... stuck at 337rwkw...

Before tune :
230rwkw no meth
310rwkw with meth

New cooler and exhaust with tune tweak
337rwkw with no meth
Meth figure Not Available.

Tuners realised theres some fuel pressure issues amd thinks there may be a leak in the tank on the fuel module.

I now how to leave it where it is power wise rip out the draws,fridge, etc and get to the fuel pump/module in tank so he can rectofy issue amd also modify it...

Will also need to ensure the fuel pump is getting 14volt so the positive and negative wires will now become 2x positives with a new negative being run to ensure it gets the power it requires...

He said hes actually really impressed with how well the set up is going on pump 98 concidering this issue.

He sees no issue me getting to the figure im after if we get this fuel problem sorted so he can go towards reaching our target

10G
23rd October 2019, 11:49 AM
Update: fuel supply issue... stuck at 337rwkw...

Before tune :
230rwkw no meth
310rwkw with meth

New cooler and exhaust with tune tweak
337rwkw with no meth
Meth figure Not Available.

Tuners realised theres some fuel pressure issues amd thinks there may be a leak in the tank on the fuel module.

I now how to leave it where it is power wise rip out the draws,fridge, etc and get to the fuel pump/module in tank so he can rectofy issue amd also modify it...

Will also need to ensure the fuel pump is getting 14volt so the positive and negative wires will now become 2x positives with a new negative being run to ensure it gets the power it requires...

He said hes actually really impressed with how well the set up is going on pump 98 concidering this issue.

He sees no issue me getting to the figure im after if we get this fuel problem sorted so he can go towards reaching our target

That's all encouraging.

What size tyres are you running on the dyno?

Are you trying to get to your power point with a certain size tyre?

Baby Daddy
24th October 2019, 01:02 AM
That's all encouraging.

What size tyres are you running on the dyno?

Are you trying to get to your power point with a certain size tyre?

Hey mate its all on a hub dyno.

Baby Daddy
24th October 2019, 01:06 AM
70 runs, gee that's a fair bit of work. How long to they thing that will take?

If youre doing ecu remapping and full tunes where they litreally throw pre prpgrammed tunes in based off modifications and stage pavkages you will most likely get very minimal runs.

They custom tune it in this instance for base map tune with no meth then with meth and work there way up.

Probably a slight exaggeration but wouldmt be suprosed to see them run it 50 times during a tune when not stopped or plagued by dramas like they did today

10G
24th October 2019, 10:49 AM
Hey mate its all on a hub dyno.

Oh yep, you mentioned that. What size wheels/tyres will you race on?

Baby Daddy
24th October 2019, 10:35 PM

I have micky Thompson drag slicks with moroso front runners on custom made rims to suit