PDA

View Full Version : WTB 17" Alloy Rims for 2013 GU Y61 Patrol

10G
17th November 2016, 06:12 AM
I'm after 4 of the 17" factory alloy rims that come on the GU / Y61 Patrols. Don't need tyres.

I'm in south west Vic / south east South Aus area.

mudski
17th November 2016, 08:24 AM
Just be sure the stud holes are not scolloped out. Also where the wheel nut taped seats into the rim is good and not warped. if you weren't sure of these that is....

MudRunnerTD
17th November 2016, 08:43 AM
I have 1 single rim in Geelong.

10G
17th November 2016, 10:41 AM
Just be sure the stud holes are not scolloped out. Also where the wheel nut taped seats into the rim is good and not warped. if you weren't sure of these that is....

Thanks for the advice mudski. Was there a recall on these 17" rims at some point?? I know the Navaras had a recall on their factory alloys.

10G
17th November 2016, 10:42 AM
I have 1 single rim in Geelong.

I may be interested, that'd get me a 2nd spare at least. Want to PM me with a price??

mudski
17th November 2016, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the advice mudski. Was there a recall on these 17" rims at some point?? I know the Navaras had a recall on their factory alloys.

Its well documented that the alloys on the Patrols like to go for a spin by themselves on the odd occasion. I think the recall was for the earlier GU Alloys.The 16inch ones, but all they did to my knowledge was torque them up and fit locators on the nuts so you can see if they were moving or not. Don't quote me on that but a friend of mine went through this some years ago and I think this is what they did.
Having said that. These checks still apply mate. To any alloy rim....