PDA

View Full Version : Wear and tear on LS engines

kezza87
3rd November 2016, 01:43 PM
Hi all,

Has anyone experienced any issues such as unexpected wear and tear on there LS conversions? Im trying to decide whether or not to put a LS3 in my 03 GU, considering the donor vehicle weighs under two tonne, with the GU upwards of three, has anyone experienced any adverse affects of this extra weight, besides a relatively hefty fuel bill?

Much appreciated

Kez

MudRunnerTD
3rd November 2016, 03:36 PM
The LS is a very common conversion into the GU and most guys in the comp scene are running LS1s and a few LS2s about too. Paired with the the Holden auto they are a beast.

If I wanted a petrol I'd be all over an LS conversion. The LS3 is a little more complicated in the loom but if you have a donor car it will help allot.

There are a couple of very good Facebook LS conversion groups worth looking up too.

johno90
3rd November 2016, 03:36 PM
If done right your fuel bill will actually be cheaper!! weight is also offset by the patrols diff ratios compared to a commo :) they use 5.7l ls1 in tahoe and subarbans that weigh just as much as your patrol.

kezza87
3rd November 2016, 04:47 PM
Cheers for the info lads much appreciated

nissannewby
3rd November 2016, 08:18 PM
I would be looking seriously at an L98 or LSA engine. Little bit nicer engine with nice figures. L98 comes with a 6 speed auto too.