PDA

View Full Version : Pic's needed of efi setup on tb-42e please.

WHITEGQ
22nd April 2011, 09:15 PM
Hi to all,
Well I started my straight lpg conversion today, using TB-42E efi manifold, XF Falcon throttle body, simple gas ring, OMVL converter and 4" stainless snorkle. Running into a few problems as to where some of the hoses and pipework goes. So as the title states, if anyone could please take some pictures of their EFI setup for me please, just so that I can see some of the pipework.
With Thanks Jeff.

NissanGQ4.2
22nd April 2011, 10:57 PM
Hi Jeff sorry 2 busy drinking 2 see this post, i could take some pics 2morrow, no XF throttle body, no gas, but original EFI, what sort of pics do u need?????

WHITEGQ
23rd April 2011, 09:10 AM
Hi Todd,
Thanks heaps again, the manual came through no worries, the pics I need are of, pipe that is under throttle body and points downwards, even if you can tell me what coonects to, the two water fittings at front of manifold, ie direction of hoses, being that I am only running straight LPG, is water needed to be run through manifold or not?

Also do you know if I will need to connect up the "FAST IDLE COMPENSATING SOLENIOD VALVE" and also the "AUXILARY AIR CONTROL VALVE", and the pipe that runs from the auxilary air control valve? Where does this hose need to run too? Gee its not very often you hear off a GQ not being on LPG, just a couple of shots of your engine bay and these points will be very helpfull. Hopefully today I will get the straight LPG conversion done, spent all day yesterday taking old manifold and carby off, then cleaning everthing up, then was going to put a "T" piece in for aftermaket oil guage, but both "T" pieces I had were the wrong size to screw into oil sender hole, so had to just refit original sender until I can buy the right "T" piece.

Then spent rest of the day fitting EFI manifold, making up brakets to hold Nissan factory "TPS" to the Falcon throttle body, then fitting throttle body, gas ring and pod filter to stop anything from entering through throttle body. Today have to remove old impco converter and fit an OMVL converter, old converter was mounted near overflow bottle, I am mounting new converter up near firewall, allready have RD-28 pre cleaner mounted up behind left headlight, just got to get some piping to go from throttle body to air filter,then from air filter to snorkle.
With Thanks Jeff.

NissanGQ4.2
23rd April 2011, 01:04 PM
Hope the pics help, in regards to the questions sorry but I'm not mechanically minded, I'm sure some of the other members will be able 2 help out with them.

If you want the photos at there original size just pm me and i will send them 2 you via skype

Cheers

Todd

4145 4154 4153

4152 4151 4150

4149 4148 4147

4146 4144 4155

WHITEGQ
24th April 2011, 05:58 AM
Hi Todd,
Thanks for the pic's, yes they helped heaps, I almost hade everything hooked up correctly. Just a couple of changes to make, but nothing major. I got it fired up late yesterday arvo, took it for a quick run, mid range-top end hugh difference, but gutless down low on take off. Got back home did a bit off fiddling around with TPS and tuning screws, seems to have made a hugh difference.

Where it wouldnt spin the wheels with foot on brake before, it now digs a hole really quickly and easy. Had a big LPG backfire at one stage, blew air cleaner lid off, bit of a bugga as I lost one of the hold down clips. Well todays job is to mount the 4" stainless sorkle, as at the moment the air cleaner is just sucking air from inside the inner guard. I possible Todd if I send you my pic's could you put them on my members rides post please, as for some reason, maybe I am just a bit computer dumb, but I cant get them on the site. So if you dont mind doing this for me that would be great. I will try and send them to you on Skype.
With Thanks Jeff.

NissanGQ4.2
24th April 2011, 06:11 AM
No worries mate, sorry i couldn't help out on the technical side of things. Looking forward 2 seeing some pics, yeh mate send them over skype and i shall post them up for you. Wouldn't say your computer dumb, I'm sure admin will sort it out when he gets back.

Start up a members ride thread and when i get the pics i'll post them up.

Happy Easter

Todd

Pezzer
25th June 2013, 07:32 PM
Hi Todd I am about to do the same as I have a donor vehicle with efi with gas to replace my carby with gas.