PDA

View Full Version : New Battery Clamp

GUtsy ute
22nd April 2011, 09:28 AM
A very small and basic mod I know, but I got fed up with the ARB one on my second battery corroding all the time after the coating started to come off.

A piece of stainless angle the same size as the original, and looks better too IMHO

HippoNZ
22nd April 2011, 09:31 AM
your right mate it does look nice! I'm in the same boat with one of my brackets, your've now got me thinking haha

Forced Offroad
22nd April 2011, 04:52 PM
Looks good mate, it gives you the sh!ts when you buy expensive gear, when you can make it at home a lot cheaper and miss most cases a lot better....Im a massive fan of making stuff yourself... I look a t it this way.... ARB battery tray ect is bloody expensive.. so with the money i save buy making it myself I bought a mig welder....

my third 256
22nd April 2011, 05:07 PM
Looks good mate, it gives you the sh!ts when you buy expensive gear, when you can make it at home a lot cheaper and miss most cases a lot better....Im a massive fan of making stuff yourself... I look a t it this way.... ARB battery tray ect is bloody expensive.. so with the money i save buy making it myself I bought a mig welder....
i have just purchaced a second battery tray for a 2005 gu and was only $107 tjm wanted $180 ebay about the same
i thought arb was reasonable