PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on the 2010+ Patrol

SteeevO
13th July 2010, 01:06 PM
So they ditched the straight axle and finally brought it to the states.. what kind of timing is that?

Are you guys getting this revamped patrol available down under?

http://www.trucktrend.com/roadtests/suv/163_1002_2010_nissan_patrol_drive/index.html

patch697
13th July 2010, 01:23 PM
This is what we are expecting to see here next year????????

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/49836/2011-nissan-patrol-unveiled-in-abu-dhabi-australian-debut-next-year

Cheers
Paul

SteeevO
13th July 2010, 02:08 PM
yeah.. it's basically the same car..
No more straight axle. they basically revamped the V8 that we have in our titan truck over here to get another 80HP from it and stuck it in there.
It's a great motor but we've been drooling over your TD motors

patch697
13th July 2010, 02:37 PM
You don't have the TD42 over there?..... Mate simple & bullet proof what more could you ask for....Most of the boys with there comp trucks over here run them.

We love the things

Cheers
Paul

SteeevO
13th July 2010, 02:42 PM
Nope.. maybe in a bus or something but not in any normal civilian vehicles.
In fact we don't get any diesel motors in Nissans in normal civilian vehicles... at least not since the 60's

the most recent Diesel was a SD33T in 1980 but came in an international harvester scout II: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Harvester_Scout#Scout_II

patch697
13th July 2010, 02:53 PM
yeah we have the scouts here to & I for one have always liked them but have only ever seen them with V8 petrols.

We have a saying here about you blokes: If the Yanks brake something thay build it bigger & I suspect thats true.
That being said I would have thought your power plant options would be many so why the interest in the TD42's if you don't mind me asking?

Cheers
Paul

SteeevO
13th July 2010, 03:03 PM
haha yes thats very true. Why fix something with a replica of what you just broke? :)

all the scouts you see out here are now all have Chevy 350's and other motors of the like in them now...

For one diesels are awesome...ha and i guess i feel like we're just miss'n out. The only turbo charged diesels we see around here are the Fords and Dodges.. all domestic stuff.

did you guys ever see the VG30E and VG33E?
We've seen one boosted truck.. supercharged VG33 but it wasn't that great. put out about 210HP. Nissan choked the exhaust and tamed the cam down compared to the VG30 but made the bore bigger... go figure .

YNOT
13th July 2010, 03:25 PM
We did get the VG30 and 33 in Pathfinders an Navara utes, but never the supercharged version.
You guys got some good diesels (Cummins and Duramax) that we missed out on.

Tony

SteeevO
13th July 2010, 06:09 PM
Yeah very true.. we do have some other diesels here that are pretty good. but nothing recent from nissan.

GQ4.2
13th July 2010, 08:18 PM
all i can say about the new patrol is rip the motor and trans out and send the rest to a scrap metal yard

Mark
13th July 2010, 10:48 PM
all i can say about the new patrol is rip the motor and trans out and send the rest to a scrap metal yard

x2 just another Toorak Tractor for the yuppies around town

DX grunt
13th July 2010, 11:09 PM
x2 just another Toorak Tractor for the yuppies around town

Why do u think I call mine DX grunt..... No frills - pure grunt. 4.2 TDI. C'mon Runt, support me on this one, bro !!!!

Mark
14th July 2010, 08:35 AM
Why do u think I call mine DX grunt..... No frills - pure grunt. 4.2 TDI. C'mon Runt, support me on this one, bro !!!!

No arguments this side...lol

Honestly, I dont think any other engine/vehicle could have done what I have put my Patrol through in the last 4 years and still be going strong and holds its value.

Insane amount of towing around all parts of Australia, 4x4ing, carrying water, pulling out semi trucks...haha, everything!!!

Find me another 4wd that could do all this without a single mechanical problem.

NickBGU4
17th July 2010, 10:27 AM
That thing is ugly, and no diesel engine option. Another bloody Toorak Tractor for the god damned yuppies. Wouldn't buy one if my life depended on it.