PDA

View Full Version : New Dash

NickBGU4
13th July 2010, 08:00 AM
I have just got my new dash installed in my GUIV, it looks so much better than the old one, and the best bit is that it didn't cost me a cent (Thanks Nissan). :smiley_thumbs_up::smiley_thumbs_up::smiley_thumbs _up::smiley_thumbs_up:

Runt
13th July 2010, 08:45 AM
Great stuff, does it match the rest of the interior with colour tone and that?

DX grunt
13th July 2010, 10:07 AM
I have just got my new dash installed in my GUIV, it looks so much better than the old one, and the best bit is that it didn't cost me a cent (Thanks Nissan). :smiley_thumbs_up::smiley_thumbs_up::smiley_thumbs _up::smiley_thumbs_up:

Pics pleeeease.

patch697
13th July 2010, 11:48 AM
Pics pleeeease.

X2...................

Cheers
Paul

NickBGU4
13th July 2010, 11:57 AM
The colour seems to be the same as the old one, but it looks to be more of a matt finish. I'm very happy with how it looks.

patch697
13th July 2010, 01:25 PM
Beautiful...I bet your Happy with that.

Cheers
Paul

Mark
13th July 2010, 10:58 PM
Nice mate, can't tell if there's any shade difference so all good!

dim_wic
2nd October 2010, 07:05 AM
Beautiful ....

peter&kells4.2
15th October 2010, 07:28 PM
Just had our new dash installed today in our 05 patrol great job done at nambour nissan .
Best part was all coverd by warranty Total Ivoice 0.00

MudRunnerTD
16th October 2010, 12:24 PM
Just picked up mine after waiting nearly 3 months for Werribee Nissan to get the part and fit it. WERRIBEE NISSAN CUSTOMER SERVICE SUX. find another dealer. i spent $50k with them and would not go back to them for a wiper blade.

Dash looks good will wait and see now if it rattles.

patch697
16th October 2010, 12:29 PM
Just picked up mine after waiting nearly 3 months for Werribee Nissan to get the part and fit it. WERRIBEE NISSAN CUSTOMER SERVICE SUX. find another dealer. i spent $50k with them and would not go back to them for a wiper blade.

Dash looks good will wait and see now if it rattles.

Good stuff MR glad you got it sorted after waiting so long & thanks for the heads up, no one likes being stuffed around & if it can be avoided its a good thing indeed

raneydelrey
5th December 2010, 10:46 PM
Nice, so Cool... hope I can do it here in my GU

easys4.2gq
7th December 2010, 01:54 PM
Ring your local dealer and say you spoke to Nissan Australia and they told you to ring your local dealer.
Ferntree Gully Nissan did mine for no charge, can't complain with that.

Guido
8th December 2010, 01:51 PM
Hi guys,

Have a '07 CRD - that had developed a bad case of pimples on the dash. In at the dealer today to have wheel nuts done (took) 20 minutes and mentioned. Service manager indicated there was a bulletin from Nissan re same and would organise a new one for replacement. Know there have been posts on this and other forums re older model patrols re same issue. Had not heard of any others in my vehicles vintage having the same problem.

Cheers Guido

raneydelrey
8th January 2011, 09:32 PM
nice like this. this is much futuristic design than the old GU

my third 256
24th January 2011, 11:05 PM
well cleaning the interior today took dash mat off and you guessed it bubbles on dash above steering wheel
went straight to main north nissan no problems will replace at no charge they rang hq and it will be here in approx 2 weeks
they have them in stock in melbourne and will ring when in to organise installation
offered a lone car for day
now thats service
stephen

Woof
24th January 2011, 11:08 PM
That is great news Stephen, it's about time Nissan started to look after they're customers after all this time.

my third 256
24th January 2011, 11:16 PM
have found they bend over backwards / well the price we pay and the comp thats out there they need to
now im up for the 40 k service $1000 for this thankgod when i bought the patrol i had them throw it in
stephen

my third 256
14th February 2011, 04:23 AM
new dash in / service done cost nil very happy

Simon
14th February 2011, 09:57 AM
warranty? is this due to the dash bubbling problem? if so is there a recall for this? Mine has that and would love to get it fixed if its free from nissan?

nowoolies
14th February 2011, 10:41 AM
why for you guys having your dash`s changed
is this another problem i have to look forward to ???????????????
nowoolies
Paul

GU4u
19th February 2011, 12:18 AM
looks great!

Swerve
24th March 2011, 10:21 PM
Link on Patrol4x4 if it is any help patrol4x4.com/forum/nissan-patrol-gu-gr-10/nissan-recall-gu-iv-dash-blisters-52446/

on the same topic

NOTE: DIRECT LINK HAS BEEN REMOVED DUE TO PATROL4X4's VIRUS PROBLEMS, ENTERING THE ABOVE LINK INTO YOUR BROWSER YOU DO AT YOUR OWN RISK

KIND REGARDS

FORUM MANAGEMENT

hugebbq
10th September 2011, 04:34 PM
i too have had mine replaced. Free and looks the goods!!

Ramsi23
6th February 2012, 01:37 PM
GU4's have been known do develop acne problems after a bit of time in the sun, cover or no cover. Nissan knew about the issue but chose to do nothing about it. Once owners started complaining about it, Nissan HQ decided to fix the problem but left the costs issue to be dealt with by the Nissan dealership.

I got mine GU4 05 model dash replaced for free at Hornsby Nissan. Others have had varying degrees of success at Nissan dealerships Australia wide which is a disgrace.

MudRunnerTD
6th February 2012, 03:29 PM
GU4's have been known do develop acne problems after a bit of time in the sun, cover or no cover. Nissan knew about the issue but chose to do nothing about it. Once owners started complaining about it, Nissan HQ decided to fix the problem but left the costs issue to be dealt with by the Nissan dealership.

I got mine GU4 05 model dash replaced for free at Hornsby Nissan. Others have had varying degrees of success at Nissan dealerships Australia wide which is a disgrace.

Hi Ramsi,

This issue has been going on for some time and Nissan Australia has now well and truly come to the table mate. If you ahve friends that are getting hassled then send them back to the dealer. There is no Dispute, Nissan now accepts responsibilty.

See these links below.

Nissan Bubbles page 2 (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?352-GU-IV-and-on-Dash-Bubbles/page3&highlight=bubble)

All the relevant information will be in that thread starting from the top of Page 2.