PDA

View Full Version : trans problem

scapp069
21st April 2011, 04:36 PM
i have a gq auto that jump between gears goin up hill and when you take off its guttless have changed motion sensor on trans had trans looked at in good nic has anyone had this prob

Splashback
31st August 2011, 11:10 PM
Gday Scapp,
I killed mine last year. First of all just lost over drive then within 50 kays pretty much nothing. Filter all blocked up with what I assume is overdrive clutch material. Didn't have the coin to rebuild the box to the spec I want so found another second hander and whacked it in. This one does all sorts of funny things now. Will flick into power mode at just the idea of some accelerator, hunts and flares at no or low throttle openings once at speed. Distinctly worse when cold. Runs hotter than old box. Oil not colouring etc. Still no slip under load or low speed. Works fine in lower gears with o/d button off. Just plays silly buggers at cruise speed in top and around o/drive, lock out points.
I am new here too and still scanning all these posts etc before posing some questions.
Also hanging for the tax return so I can build a tough as box with all the bits.
Starting with the top of the wozza can't bust it race comp spec solenoid body.
I would like the o/d button to cut out just o/d and put another swich in for the lockup override.
Big new trans cooler and seperate temp gauge too.
Still looking at pros and cons of different clutch materials too.
After the body lift will be some new heat shielding too as it gets a bit warm on the leg sometimes.

I like to drive pretty hard, I tow a fair bit and the td42d is supercharged.

If anyone has any advice to throw us before spending some dosh I'm all ears.

Josh and Max.

By the way, after a WICKED first time out at Mundaring powerlines track on Sunday Max's fullname is now Max the Marron Mountain Goat. Pics to follow.

Does anyone know if the gold gq wagon that dunked his nose got going again? I had water to within an inch of the bottom of the pod filter...

Clunk
31st August 2011, 11:24 PM
Gday Scapp,
I killed mine last year. First of all just lost over drive then within 50 kays pretty much nothing. Filter all blocked up with what I assume is overdrive clutch material. Didn't have the coin to rebuild the box to the spec I want so found another second hander and whacked it in. This one does all sorts of funny things now. Will flick into power mode at just the idea of some accelerator, hunts and flares at no or low throttle openings once at speed. Distinctly worse when cold. Runs hotter than old box. Oil not colouring etc. Still no slip under load or low speed. Works fine in lower gears with o/d button off. Just plays silly buggers at cruise speed in top and around o/drive, lock out points.
I am new here too and still scanning all these posts etc before posing some questions.
Also hanging for the tax return so I can build a tough as box with all the bits.
Starting with the top of the wozza can't bust it race comp spec solenoid body.
I would like the o/d button to cut out just o/d and put another swich in for the lockup override.
Big new trans cooler and seperate temp gauge too.
Still looking at pros and cons of different clutch materials too.
After the body lift will be some new heat shielding too as it gets a bit warm on the leg sometimes.

I like to drive pretty hard, I tow a fair bit and the td42d is supercharged.

If anyone has any advice to throw us before spending some dosh I'm all ears.

Josh and Max.

By the way, after a WICKED first time out at Mundaring powerlines track on Sunday Max's fullname is now Max the Marron Mountain Goat. Pics to follow.

Does anyone know if the gold gq wagon that dunked his nose got going again? I had water to within an inch of the bottom of the pod filter...

sorry but I'm no help but sure someone will be able to once they've seen the post............................ I enjoy the powelines myself but havent had the chance to get up there since we've had some rain, I hear it's good and wet up there!!! lol...............