PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting Headlights

Cadbury
21st April 2011, 10:26 AM
Hi all,
This is probably a stupid question, but bear with me ok.
I have had a 3" lift and just put on a set of 33" tyres. The problem I am having is.....................my head lights seem very dim. Do I need to adjust them down or am I just imagining things?
Cheers
Tim

Bigrig
21st April 2011, 10:45 AM
Hi all,
This is probably a stupid question, but bear with me ok.
I have had a 3" lift and just put on a set of 33" tyres. The problem I am having is.....................my head lights seem very dim. Do I need to adjust them down or am I just imagining things?
Cheers
Tim

Possible need to adjust down mate. We can have a look on the weekend when we catch up if you want?

the evil twin
21st April 2011, 01:05 PM
X2... the faceted reflectors in the GU Headlamps are pretty sensitive to changes in the vehicle attitude

Your rig has prob gone up about 5 inches or so and the alignment will probably need to come down heaps

Cadbury
21st April 2011, 02:19 PM
Thats what I thought, thanks for the feedback

Cadbury
28th April 2011, 08:39 PM
Hi all,
So how do you adjust the headlights on a 1999 GU?
Tim

Bigrig
28th April 2011, 08:49 PM
Hi all,
Tim

Do they not have screw adjustments in the rear of the assembly?? Other than that, not sure old mate.

Finly Owner
28th April 2011, 09:28 PM
Do they not have screw adjustments in the rear of the assembly?? Other than that, not sure old mate. look for big black knobs on back of lights inside engine bay.

Tim

YNOT
28th April 2011, 09:54 PM
Hi all,
Tim

I'll get some photos up tomorrow showing where the adjusters are.

Tony

Cadbury
29th April 2011, 08:08 PM
Thanks Tony and everyone else.
I think I found it, but I will wait for the photo's.
Cheers
Tim

Clunk
29th April 2011, 08:29 PM
just had a thought and yes I know it doesn't happen very often!!!!!!! lmao, But isn't there anything in the workshop manual about headlight alignment, I know there is in the GQ manual.

YNOT
29th April 2011, 08:44 PM
Red arrow points to vertical (height) adjuster, blue arrow points to horizontal adjuster. Use a medium sized phillips head screw driver down from the top into the white cogs to adjust.

Tony

Cadbury
29th April 2011, 09:01 PM
Thanks again Tony.